Mid Coast Hospital Employee Reviews

Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJuly 24, 2018
Great staff
Great pay
Great benefit
Almost was a family atmosphere. Everyone looked out for each other on the team...and the patients. We all went above and beyond in patient care.
Good People
Communications and Patient Access Rep (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEMay 29, 2018
As will all customer service type jobs this one can be a challenge. Just remember you are in a hospital and rarely is it someone goes there who is having a great day already.
Datat Entry
Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEMay 14, 2018
This job was the worst place I ever worked at. Upper Management sucks. Director of Human Resources is a Fake and a snake in the grass Pay was horrible and the supervisor in my dept was such a rotten person to deal with.
Pros
Cons
everything sucked
Good Team Environment
Sr. Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Cumberland County, MEMay 8, 2018
Large work force, worked for different departments. Most employees were very good to work in a team environment.

Management helpful in all aspects of job duties.
Awful
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEMarch 28, 2018
The management is awful. I left crying. No one cares about your personal issues ( if you couldn’t make it into work etc.) I do not recommend this place to work. . They only care about them selves. Especially the kitchen job! I AWFUL
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Bosses are rude and could care less about anyone but them selves.
Thank You.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEFebruary 28, 2018
My tenure at MId Coast Hospital was well received and I'm thankful for the schedules I received while working there. Thank you everyone for your hard work and dedication.
Pros
Well established.
great people
Assist the RN/ CNA (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJanuary 30, 2018
i love working Per Diem for the hospital i was a full time CNA but went Per Diem due to a knee issue... the nurses and other staff i work with are great, kind of like a family to me and i would not trade them for the world.
Loved the staff I worked with the new nurse manager not so much
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJanuary 25, 2018
Loved my job put in many hours a week. Well over 60 weekly!! Missed days do to my child having undiagnosed medical issues and the new nurse manager fired me.
Pros
Great nursing staff
Cons
Not being appreciated by the higher ups
Very fast paced changing situations
Laboratory Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJanuary 4, 2018
Even though I have had 20 years experience in the medical field, I still am constantly learning new things which I enjoy very much. I have always been extremely interested in the medical field and all aspect of it.
Pros
Shift Differential
Cons
Lots of co-worker call outs is a constant issue
Poor management stressful Supervisor and favoritism
Sleep Technologist (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEDecember 24, 2017
The placeneeds an overhaul, management poor, hours awful, expectations too high and people were unfriendly an mean.
Poor communication, mid communication, no tolerance for new learners, drug abuse by employees, lack of cooperation from the top down.
Pros
Cons
No understanding or training methods understood by management
Stay away
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEOctober 23, 2017
The hospital lies to it's employees. Was told by HR that the department was downsizing but a few days later my position was posted. HR is a joke and you can't believe anything they tell you. The managers and HR work as a team to screw over the employees that have been there for years. Stay away or you will be downsized. I am thinking about taking this to the Dept of Labor to discuss the treatment of their employees.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Sucky management, raises and evaluation not done timely, talk out of both sides of their mouth
Very busy yet inviting environment to work in
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEOctober 13, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Mid Coast Hospital. It's a beautiful facility, very immaculate, staff is friendly and they offer free coffee to staff throughout the day.
Pros
Free coffee
Excellent Organization, very supportive of employees.
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEAugust 12, 2017
The department was well run, employees were appreciated for the work they did. Monthly staff meetings allowed staff to be apprised of the overall health of the organization. Staff were compensated for doing a job well done.
Pros
Supportive work environment.
Cons
Hours were somewhat inflexible.
Brunswick
Medical Surgical RN (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJuly 19, 2017
I found the head nursing staff to be very attentive and helpful. The co-workers were nice. I worked the evening shift. I liked the workplace it was very welcoming.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
Have everyone speak only English.
A community hospital that out sourses its high paying food service postions to Aramark an out of state company.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEMay 13, 2017
You are constantly under staffed over worked and non-appreciated.
Communication from manager and food service director is almost non existing, They lead from their seat not their feet.The culture(Aramark) is juvenile, sexiest and full of favoritism.Workers are rewarded for poor job performances by being transferred to other duties.Consequences are based on race,gender &mood of supervisor. Equal opportunity and fairness does not apply to this department that is managed by Aramark.
Pros
free lunch.
Cons
No advancement.
productive and hard workers
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEApril 14, 2017
The people are pleasant and fun to work with. The equipment is well maintained. Training could be a problem because of lack of coverage to train and maintain scheduled patients. we had a wide verity of different patients. The hospital it self was very pleasant to work with other personal in the department and out side the department.
Pros
other techs in Ct were willing to change shifts fo appointments, 12 hour shifts
Cons
we had no breakes for years until more people were hired.
management does not realize staff is a priority
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  EmergencyFebruary 23, 2017
Beware of constant turnover. There are multiple reasons why so many staff leave this organization. Pay is not market competitive, the culture rewards senior management and does nothing for those who work in the trenches. There are two kinds of employee here - brand newbies and veterans. When there's no middle base, that is telling.
Pros
this position is close to a highway
Cons
Nurses make a lot more 20 min down the road.
A sinking ship
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mid coast senior health centerOctober 17, 2016
Very unprofessional environment. Laughable pay and "incentives", condescending and clueless management. Constant staffing issues. No opportunity to advance. Typically 10 cent raise each yr.
Pros
Some coworkers, most clients
Cons
Terrible benefits, hr, management
A Great Environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEApril 14, 2016
This hospital is great to work for, there is a definite team approach. Mid Coast's administration is always improving and are kind to the staff. The CEO is really great and seems to genuinely care for our hospital and community. Days can be stressful, but good morale is paramount! The most enjoyable part of the job is how rewarding it is to help folks, and also to be part of a team while making friendships.
I enjoyed the interaction with the patients.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEApril 3, 2016
I enjoyed my time spent at Mid Coast Hospital. It was a pleasure learning the day to day tasks of a Pharmacy Technician in a hospital setting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mid Coast Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Mid Coast Hospital Reviews by Location