MidAmerica Nazarene University Employee Reviews

Great workplace
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 20, 2018
Graduated from this University and love it. From the students on campus, to the professors, and staff you will always feel welcomed by everybody. Its just a way of life at the university
Excellent place
Student Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 7, 2018
Phenomenal place to work as a student. I highly recommend! I learned so much there, along with meeting so many incredible people. I'm so grateful to have been able to work there!
Decent on-campus employment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 16, 2018
I worked in the Graduate Office of Business. It was a work-study job to get money from FAFSA to help pay for school. Working 3 hours a say (2-5) was not awful, but it prevented me from getting another job because it was in the middle of the day.
pretty fun and easy
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 19, 2018
Normally we would just refill the food items throughout the day as they were getting low. We restocked the fridges and cleaned up the sitting area as people left. Normally people would leave their dishes even though there is a dish return area where you take your dishes yourself.
great place
Adjunct Nursing Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 19, 2017
Great place to work, supportive environment, compensated well for time. Good clinical sites. Students are well prepared to enter the work force at graduation.
Family Oriented Work Envrionment
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 6, 2017
I've worked here for a few years now and it has been a great experience for me (and still is). The people I work with daily are very supportive and only want to see me succeed. This job has taught me a lot about people in general and how great coming to work can be. Being a small, private, Christian University, the compensation is not so great. The benefits are great as well and you get TONS of days off. It's almost hard to find time to take all of your time off within the fiscal year. For someone not concerned about compensation, this is a great place to work.
Pros
Lots of time off, great healthcare, friendly environment
Cons
Compensation, lack of advancement (position wise)
Great p;lace to be
Professor of Special Education (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 24, 2017
Family centered and caring. The atmosphere is conducive to solid academic focus as well as development of the whole person
No opportunity for advancement.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 23, 2016
I've worked there for 10 years, have my doctorate--there is no opportunity for advancement here. There are people hired who are far less qualified. The upside is, you have plenty of time to work other places. The downside is that you have to cobble together a living by putting together several jobs.
Very flexible hours, low pay, relaxed and simple environment.
Utility Person (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 18, 2016
The environment was very relaxed and the work was simple. The pay was low but the shifts were only 3 hours long and the choice of shifts was totally up to the employee. There weren't really any hours available during university breaks.
Pros
Relaxed environment, flexible hours.
Cons
Low pay, no hours during breaks.
Nice
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  OlatheJuly 13, 2015
Nice place for individuals who are wanting to pursue a degree. It allows you the opportunity to focus on your studies while pursuing a degree.
Very Welcoming Enviroment
Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSApril 13, 2015
I really enjoyed being able to work with these students.
Going in we would start reading and taking turns reading each page. once the student got done with that we would re-read the story giving different pages to each student. After we completeled the short story we would go over comprehensive questions regarding what they read.
The hardest part was keeping each student engaged at all times but I have really good patience so that helped me out.
Christian environment with some dysfunctions
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KansasJuly 29, 2014
This is a mission-driven environment, but they employ many non-Christians, who are egocentric. It has grown quickly and needs to improve many processes.
Pros
Paid health benefits
Student Job
Campus Safety (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 2, 2012
I worked on campus while being a student as a campus sercurity. I enjoyed this most time. The cold snow days was hard because my hand use to freeze when writting parking tickets but other then that I enjoyed it. I dont think to many people liked getting tickets for parking though I think I lost some friends do to this job, but hey you cant break the rules because were friends.
Pros
free student parking
Cons
writing tickets to friends who break the rules