MidAmerican Energy Employee Reviews in Urbandale, IA

High tempo, quiet workplace with good benefits and pay.
IT Security Operations Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAMay 14, 2019
The typical workload is 8 hours with occasional off hours responsibility. MidAmerican has excellent 401K incentives and bonuses. The hardest part of my job is reconciling offenses created by our SIEM. As a standard, all salaried employees do not work overtime!
Productive and fun place to work with great people.
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAAugust 13, 2018
I was hired on as a contract employee through a temp agency to work for MidAmerican. My hours were from 8:30am - 5:00pm. I received a 30 minute lunch period.

My typical day consisted of the following:

• Processed all Electric contracts that came in and were signed by the President of MidAmerican Energy Services, Inc.
• Assisted in processing Gas contracts that came in and were signed by the President of MidAmerican Energy Services, Inc. when help was needed
• Ensured expedited response times to all in-bound customer inquiries in regards to received contracts that had been processed
• Delivered a professional experience to customers and agents as it relates to account management and retention
• Kept the spreadsheets and databases updated when we received the signed contracts and completely processed in a consistent and timely manner.
• Assisted my Supervisor by completing multiple projects that needed to be completed.

It was a fast paced environment to a degree. I was constantly on my feet fulfilling the duties that I was there to do.

Overall i loved working there. It was a great place to work and I enjoyed working with the great people there.
Pros
Great facility & great people
Cons
Interesting work, but very negative work environment
Operations (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJuly 25, 2018
I have worked here for several years in several different departments, and if you are not one of the Chosen Ones, you will go nowhere in this company. Management does not support staff enough, and high level jobs are just created for certain people without giving others who are just as qualified the opportunity to apply.

Most departments are constantly overworked, and rude behavior and getting publicly chewed out for small mistakes is almost a daily occurrence. Health benefits are too expensive and there is zero maternity/family leave. You get one large bank of PTO and no sick or bereavement leave.
Tier 1 Analyst (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJanuary 24, 2018
Excellent company to work for. Very team oriented . Good people, good management , and pretty much a stress free environment Depending on the weather
Corporate Culture at its Finest - Stay Away!!!
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IANovember 16, 2017
Corporate Culture that does not support their non-union employees. I am not going to go into details, but honestly I am ashamed that I ever worked for Mid American Energy. The expectations of a non- family first environment was frustrating. There is not a lot of good team cohesion. When you think there may be, it is being used to better advance others.

This was the hardest part of the job, the only good part of the job was working with the temps :)

Respectfully,

Look Somewhere Else
Pros
Hard to List
Cons
Too many
Bad Management
Not saying (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAOctober 28, 2017
The morale is very low. Managers are bullies,you can work your butt off with no raise at review time,no chance for promotion if your not with the "in crowd" Very hostile work place! I am hoping to get out along with many others ASAP! Do not work here
Pros
Ok benefits
Cons
No promotion or raises, bad management
Stressful and unorganized
Worked in Operations (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJune 4, 2016
Safety, reliability, following procedures and company morale are all a priority...as long as none of those interfere with making a dollar. It was like working at Arkham asylum. Insanity.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Everything else
Enjoyed Admin & HR Related Tasks
Executive HR/Administrative Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAMay 15, 2015
I enjoyed my temp assignment there. I enjoyed doing HR tasks, and administrative tasks. It was fun and kept me busy, which is what I enjoyed.

Organizing chaos
Good Experience
TRC Analyst (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAAugust 5, 2014
It is a good place to start out of college to get the experience. You answer phone calls and work emails.
N/a
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IowaSeptember 16, 2013
No comment. I am not going to comment in this section because I don't have much positive to say about MEC.