MidAmerican Energy Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

3.6Pay & Benefits
Great company, cares for customer base. Customer service top priority
Office Support (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAOctober 9, 2017
As Office support, I was there to assist the department with any and all computer needs. Assisting with network connections, peripheral connections and compatibility to other devices. Part of the Document Center, Wide Format Printing and Scanning department. Operated software for mail merges and printing addresses on correspondence being mailed to customers. Manager changed after two years. Workplace focused on getting daily job completed every day. Some stress but not a lot. I learned a lot about dealing with the USPS and submitting required documentation with mailings. Learned some about the printing process from a very large database.
Prior to this position I was the Desktop Support for ten years as a contractor working for Pomeroy IT Solutions. Had wonderful relationship with all my customers at MidAmerican Energy.
Best part of both jobs was my happy customers.
Cons
I was one of two non union employees, I had a hard time not pitching in when help could have been given.
Enjoyed Admin & HR Related Tasks
Executive HR/Administrative Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAMay 15, 2015
I enjoyed my temp assignment there. I enjoyed doing HR tasks, and administrative tasks. It was fun and kept me busy, which is what I enjoyed.

Organizing chaos
Great people to work with and I enjoyed the duties I had there
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 5, 2014
I really enjoyed working there and with my co-workers. I also really enjoyed managing their calendars and learning new tasks, like: maintaining meter inventory, creating work orders, making sure the guys are scheduled in appropriate areas, and assisting my boss. He was such a great boss. I've made new friends and will miss it there....
Pros
attractive pay, flexible, awesome management, great co-workers
Cons
secure job