MidAmerican Energy Employee Review

View all MidAmerican Energy reviews

High tempo, quiet workplace with good benefits and pay.
IT Security Operations Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAMay 14, 2019
The typical workload is 8 hours with occasional off hours responsibility. MidAmerican has excellent 401K incentives and bonuses. The hardest part of my job is reconciling offenses created by our SIEM. As a standard, all salaried employees do not work overtime!

Other MidAmerican Energy Employee Reviews

Always challanging and evolving fast paced business
Major Account Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 21, 2019
Fast paced business environment, regulated guideline, defined deadlines, ability to organize daily tasks and self manage time and responsibilities. develop training material as needed.
Working at MidAmerican Energy has been fine
Software Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJune 3, 2019
One of the biggest issues MidAmerican has had is rigid IT management. There has been a lot of instances of refusal to purchase enterprise tools and instead using in-house tools which make our lives exponentially more difficult. We have also had 4 different VPs in the 6 years i have been here, and every time it changes the old VP's "visions" get tossed out and replaced by the new one's.
Pros
Job security, starting pay
Cons
Insurance isn't amazing, IT department lags behind industry, sone tension between business and IT, promotions are almost nonexistent unless you apply for positions in different groups