MidAmerican Energy Employee Review

View all MidAmerican Energy reviews

Lack of structured training
Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 8, 2017
I complete most of my task from my cubical. From the very beginning you are given the same amount of work as the employees that were in that position for 3 to 5 years (and still feel overwhelmed) despite the lack of appropriate training. Sometimes, I felt like the person in charge of my training does not have time for me ( they still have the same workload regardless of whether they are training or not) or maybe they just did not want to be around me. The worst part was that one person (supervisor) would tell you to do something in particular way and another one (manager) would disagree and vise versa; and, before they talk to each other you are verbally and emotionally abused and humiliated by one of them. Another source of discomfort for me was the gossip; A becomes automatically the subject of the conversation when A is not around.
One thing I liked about my job is that it is challenging because there is a lot to do. I did learn a lot. I put in a lot of effort and mastered my job but had to give up when I noticed the back stabbing, setting up, and the lack of honesty( from my direct superior) that was going on the whole time.
Pros
Good pay, challenging opportunity
Cons
Poor Training, poor culture, and lack of respect and consideration

Other MidAmerican Energy Employee Reviews

High tempo, quiet workplace with good benefits and pay.
IT Security Operations Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAMay 14, 2019
The typical workload is 8 hours with occasional off hours responsibility. MidAmerican has excellent 401K incentives and bonuses. The hardest part of my job is reconciling offenses created by our SIEM. As a standard, all salaried employees do not work overtime!
Okay, at first.
N/A (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 17, 2019
It's kind of like a bad boyfriend, everything is good at the beginning then you slowly start to see why no one wants to stay there. The amount of poor managers in all departments far outweigh the few good managers they have. Management is 100% the reason for turnover in many departments. HR is poor as well. "Retaliation is not acceptable" is a joke when complaints are made against members of management.