Midas Hospitality Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Cheif Engineer (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MONovember 23, 2018
I really like working at Midas Hospitality I love my job and I enjoy working with our team members. While working here I've learned some great ways to do my job and be more effective.
Wish I could have been given a more compensated role
Concierge/Front Desk/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOOctober 10, 2018
I believe if I could have been given a moral role manager I would have made this my career job. I'm worth every bit with my skills and talents, but it's impossible to continue if ya know what ya presently make hardly even pays the bills. I'm a leader and believe my actions and professionalism showed that with 2 weeks.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Compensation
I loved my coworkers so much
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOSeptember 13, 2018
Despite loving my coworkers I had a lot of different managers and we were very low staffed and nobody new was getting hired. I had to pick up slack that should not have been my responsibility.
Pros
Coworkers, Benefits, Time requested off
Cons
Picking up slack, different management, odd billing system
Horrible upper management and HR
Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 16, 2018
Horrible managers the lie and stab each other in the back. HR is blind to the bullying and nonsence that the GMs and CEs create. Don't waste your career working for this company in South Charlotte.
Pros
Salary for managers
Cons
Somewhere I would not work again.....
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILMay 9, 2018
Poor management inadequate support, unprofessional staff. I worked there recently the GM was horrible the staff was too interest in eachothers personal life rather than working. The experience was one I regret the company as a whole does not value its workers.
Pros
The kitchen staff
Cons
Unprofessionalism, poor management cut throat environment
Terrible Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint James, LAMarch 2, 2018
Terrible company. Terrible management. Completely blind to problems. Will let hourly employees engage in risky behavior at their properties, drugs, prostitution etc. Bad place if you want a clean and drug free work environment
Unprofessional leadership, lack of integrity
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 25, 2018
Unprofessional, morally bankrupt management; lack of leadership; lack of integrity in business and employment practices; racist culture; sexually charged language and harrassment occurs daily. Horrible company to work for! They pay competitive salaries because they are aware of the experiences you will endure and try to use the pay to make you more likely to deal with it.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Unprofessional, morally bankrupt management, lack of leadership, racist culture, lack of integrity in business practices
Very Disappointing
Accounting and Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 9, 2018
The culture and impression given by this company does not balance the unprofessional and vindictive style of leadership they look for in their managers.
Not a good place to work
Front (Former Employee) –  Westport, MOSeptember 4, 2017

The higher ups are all for the managers and not the employee's. Depending on who you are most employee's get to do whatever they want (they have favorites) and not get written up for anything including but not limit to: coming in late, clocking in but not working or relieving you to go home. Very low pay
Pros
It's a job for a someone who lives at home, or just extra income
Cons
They abuse you in their own way
It is a beautiful extended stay hotel
Front Desk Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJuly 11, 2017
Midas is a great place to work, I worked at the Staybridge Hotel in Westport it is a growing property with so much potential. You will work hard sometimes short staffed
Pros
great people
Cons
allot of hours
Wonderful Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 11, 2017
Midas is a great place to work! The owners care about their employees. This is a fast growing company with great potential for advancement and terrific benefits.
You are thought of as a person and not just a number
Accountant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 11, 2017
The owners take time to get to know each of the employees and converse with them. We all work hard and put in a lot time but you leave truly feeling valued.
Midas
Assistant Controller (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 11, 2017
Great place to work with a lot of opportunity for advancement. Fast paced, growing company with a very relaxed environment. Great opportunity to learn the hotel industry.
Great office, fun people, challenging
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 11, 2017
Working at Midas is the perfect balance. The work is challenging, so you stay engaged and never get bored or complacent. The people are fun and energetic so when you need a break, there's someone to play ping pong with in the break room. The days are never the same, and never boring. I wanted an environment where I knew I was working hard for something, not just spending my time idling the day away- but I also wanted a group of coworkers I enjoyed being around. Midas was exactly that.
Pros
Benefits, vacation time, beer on Fridays, work life balance
Great Company and Culture
Develpoment (Current Employee) –  Midas Central, St. Louis, MoJuly 11, 2017
It's not often you find a company that talks the talk and walks the walk. From my first day the ownership has been honest and straight forward about expectations and directions. This might throw many off but for me it is refreshing to know where I stand on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
Pros
Great benefits, great team
Horrible
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2017
This company just took over our hotel. They are very sneaky and racist. They just came in and changed everything. Lies. Lies. They do not care about making sure we have a smooth transition.
All for themselves
Sales (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOFebruary 13, 2017
Let me just start with this, I loved most of the people I have met and worked with. They have always been nice and easy to get along with. But the company as a whole is only out to better themselves. When it was made known that I was not wanting to move up in a sales role, they started a new person and basically pushed me out. No regard for me as an employee or the amount of work I had put in to make their business successful. Sad if you ask me.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Job security, benefits, vacation time, work life balance
Worst Management Team Ever
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILJanuary 30, 2017
Inadequate training, working 14+ hrs a day, constant brutal cut downs by the gm.
Major favoritism, major drama. The place was chaos, total wreck. Terrible Gm, terrible housekeeping,..daily physical altercations.
Dysfunctional, period.

No support from upper management whatsoever.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the place
Great Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 8, 2016
This is a great company with people from the top down who truly care about the well being of everyone. They are proud to invest in their employees and appreciate them. Fast growing with great benefits and opportunities for advancement.
Sporadically engaged upper management, view people as disposable
Manager (Former Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 5, 2016
Company offers very little support, and makes snap decisions that makes clear they view staff as disposable.
As a manager, I worked on average 6 days a week, 13+ hours a day. When I arrived this property was failing by any meaningful measurement. In a few months, the property was rapidly improving and the guests were noticing. I was hired well above the tiny budgeted salary. The monthly touch bases with my boss always went well. A few weeks after one touch base, I was let go with a reason that contradicted the positive discussion during my last touch base. The company as a whole was way under budget and my salary was over budget. The property's worst problems were fixed and they saw an opportunity to save money.
Pros
Close to my home
Cons
Lack of support, people are disposable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midas Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9