MIDAS Employee Reviews

good place to work
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 20, 2018
It has been a long time since i worked for this company but it closed while I was there but the owner and the company were very good to work for and with
Nice place
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 17, 2018
Its a nice place to work at but you really need to come with knowledge on automotive repair and engineering or you need to learn to pick up quick. The pay is okay but the staff is warm & welcoming. It's like a family over there.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
standing all day, pay isn't stellar but it isn't bad
It was a horrible family ran business
Service writer (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAAugust 15, 2018
There was no warning of being shut down we were told the day that was our last day there, the family that owns both Hagerstown and Chambersburg allows violence and drugs in their establishments.
Pros
Cons
Working with drug addicts
Good salary potential
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAAugust 13, 2018
In the few years I worked at Midas, I enjoyed it. I did not like working weekends and during the week until 6pm. The medical benefits were a plus, good coverage and affordable.
benefits
Cons
mismanaged
Great 1st time job/ Front office receptionist
Counter Person (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAAugust 4, 2018
This was a great first job when they were busy otherwise when they were slow the day would drag. The clientele was great and the guys in the shop were always professional and made sure that every vehicle was safe and inspected properly.
We done good professional work and had a good time doing it
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Natchez, MSJuly 25, 2018
I was the Owner,Manager, Secretary,Mechanic ect. I order all parts,checked them in and put up where they belonged. I gave customers rides to and from work. We installed brakes,shocks,mufflers,tires , done wheel alignments oil changes and air conditioning work. I would set up appointments for jobs done
Pros
I was a owner
Cons
Being a owner if business was slow no pay check
Ok
Assistant Manager / Tech (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 18, 2018
Money is ok and could be better management is not the greatest older shop equipment are out dated long hours very hot in the summer seems like everyone there look out for himself only
Pros
Work on your own car
Cons
Long days hot in summer
Working at Midas
Manager (Current Employee) –  Castleton, INJuly 14, 2018
Midas has been a good career for me for 30 years. The training and advancement opportunities are definitely there. Making close friends with both team members and customers have been one of the most enjoyable aspects of the job. The hours are demanding and many leaving little time to enjoy family life.
Pros
Job longivity
Cons
Too many hours
relaxed atmosphere
Service Writer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2018
Great place to work and learn the automotive business. The hours can be a little long especially if have a family yet the benefits are good and there is great opportunity for advancements.
Terrible
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJune 28, 2018
Over Worked- The shop gets up to 100 degrees and they won't buy air conditioning or large fans for the employees working under hot cars all day.
The employees are constantly berated and talked down to.
No time for lunch breaks!
Underpaid
The Owners are penny pinchers and don't want to give anyone a raise or even provide the stores with proper supplies.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, No Benefits, No Insurance, No room for growth.
It was a good Inbetween jobs gig
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJune 27, 2018
It was an ok place to work while I waited for a better job open to close six days a week was a drag the equipment was outdated Which I’m sure is because it’s a franchise store an the owner didn’t won’t to pay for better equipment.the breaks were short an the advancement was like non existent they talked about their computer course but come on you need hands on experience to really learn. the people I worked with was ok even the manager was cool sometimes but he had his moments.but I needed check so I went in an did what I was hired to do until i found a better job. If you’re out of a job I recommend it but I Suggest treating it as a short term solution
Pros
Decent Benefits, closed on Sundays
Cons
Six day work week, no real advancement
Not the work for lazy people
Multi Store Manager/Trainer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NY 12304June 27, 2018
With commission based pay system, the paycheck reflected the flow of business and the hours and effort put in. The more a technician produces, the happier management is with that employee.
Pros
Discounted parts, lift use off the clock
Cons
No work, No pay
Eh
Lube Technician - B Technician (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAJune 22, 2018
Not the greatest place to work but got even worse when it was taken over from corporate by a franchise owner. He ran the place straight into the ground.
Commission-Based Starvation Pay.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2018
Terrible franchise-based company that hires novice "technicians" who don't know a spark plug from a drain plug. They promise a pay bonus each pay period after reaching a certain sales goal, but you have to be a heartless, unethical person to reach those numbers. Their sales staff cannot sell the repairs that the technicians recommend, so you end up doing oil changes all day and no one can make a living that way. The high turn-over of both "managers" and "technicians" make for a stressful and unhappy work environment. You are required to work ten hour shifts, six days a week with no lunch breaks lest you miss a "sale". I personally recommend technicians look elsewhere for employment, it's time for this company to fade away into history as part of the shameful mess that the automotive repair industry has become today.
Pros
Health Insurance After Ninety Days
Cons
Hope You Have A Second Job To Support Your Family!
review of midas
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OH 43612June 6, 2018
start off as a lube techincian then work your way through the other mechinical work there is involved in automotive career. fast paced as to make sure your getting the cars in and out in a timely manner
Productive workplace
Automotive Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJune 5, 2018
Midas is great. Cars always get fixed as close to perfect as we can be. Customers love fixing cars with us and our workers are very customer service professional.
Pros
Breaks
OK place to work
Oil Technician (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJune 4, 2018
Typical day of work consists of doing various vehicle maintenance. During oil changes you must complete an inspection of the vehicle to try to sell additional products and services.
It was ok
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  North Hampton, NHMay 30, 2018
I don't care to review this company. Parma death star, Parma death star. Is it on? I don't know, let me check the brades. Well when it stops smoking, put it back in the box!
Pros
Its a job
Cons
13 hour work days, no lunch breaks.
fun place to work but stricked and sometimes its hard to show your full potential
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 29, 2018
i enjoyed working at Midas but it was hard to show what you could do and show your full potential, they were edgy and skeptical but i enjoyed the work environment.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
no career advancment
Lots of complications
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  O‘ahu, HIMay 29, 2018
Working at Midas was well informing till everyone got to know the manager. Everyone always complained & so did the customers. The employees themselves did what they could to fix cars and get things done. Everyday after work everyone, except I drank beer.
Pros
Lots of free time
Cons
Everyone was always confused.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MIDAS. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight