MIDAS

MIDAS Employee Reviews

United States813 reviews

Found 813 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,097 reviews

Midas touch

I started working at Midas in 2010.I have nothing but good things to say.I had to stop working there 2012 due to a back injury. I recommend working at Midas to most people.

Waste of your time

Just a number easily replaceable. No help whatsoever. Training was a half day and then just thrown to the wolves. Couldn't get product we needed due to unpaid bills.

MIDAS insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Great place for lube techs going to school.

In my personal experience. The owner was very flexible with my schedule since I was attending school and would adjust it for me every semester. So the work life balance is decent. When i worked there, the pay was minimum wage as a lube tech, which I do think is little since I believe there's more physical labor and responsibility as a lube tech over someone at a grocery store. I don't think there is much opportunity for advancement. It is a small shop and the mechanics that are already there, should be there for a long time. Management is alright. They don't really bother you as long as you do your job. You're tasks are really simple and they're not overly demanding. The culture is nice. Since it's a small shop it's like a family business so you do get closer to your co workers than you would at other places I believe.

Okay place to work

It’s a great starter job for a new mechanic but no real opportunity to grow, no one ever stays for longer than a few months. Great place to work to get experience.

nothing but a dead end job

No benefits, inadequate pay and terrible ownership. I hated every minute I worked there. Customer satisfaction is the least important thing to them. Making money no matter how dirty it is is job #1. Ownership never takes responsibility for anything such as how run down the building was, landscape and lack of tools shop is responsible for. Cheap owner

Zero structure and zero accountability

They will basically tell you whatever you want to hear to get you in the door and working for them, and then they will let you know how the shop really operates.There is no system set up to let you track your work or for estimate your pay, as what is reported to payroll for your pay stubs is a close estimate to what they believe you have earned.All common services like oil changes tires or batteries, do not get paid out to the text, the company gets free labor while you get experience and exposure.Bay and ticket management is simply up to however the lead tech or service writers are feeling, there is no structure or balance within either.

Not too bad

Not a bad place if management is good, here no structure all about sales in a week, lots of declined work partially due to bottom feeder customers only want the cheap oil changes

No benefits

No benefits and no holiday pay.thats not good.the owner does help you some but still not worth it.this place is not busy enough to make a good paycheck.

Very poor inexperienced management

Midas is the worst company I’ve ever worked for. They offer no benefits and pay you poorly even if have credentials and experience. They work you to the bone and even when booking 12 hrs of work in 8, going over and beyond to please them it’s never enough. Overworked and under payed until I had to leave. They will offer incentives that benefit them but not you.

Pros

Cons

Over worked and underpayed.

Long hours and low pay

You will work long hour. The management do not help you grow in your career. In the winter it is cold and in the summer it is hot. It was very unsafe to work there.

Pros

Cons

Long hour low pay

Midas at west leb

The owners care about their employees just as much as their customers. I would recommend them again and again for the simple fact that they care. It is super rare to find management let alone owners that want you to succeed and thrive as much as this place does.

High stress low time for life

It was all work and nothing else didn’t care about how much you were actually making as long as they were hitting there numbers and even when you asked for a raise they would make it to were you would have to sell more and make a better margin on the ticket in order to actually benefit from jt.

Feels like working on a pirate ship. Not a joke.

What they tell you the job is, isn't what the job is. You're told one thing, but there are unspoken rules after you start the job. You WILL work in the bays more than you're told your responsibilities will be. Major disconnect between in-store management and what corporate policy is. Unbearably frustrating. Techs have no respect for management, and they actually run the shop.

Pros

Lots of overtime.

Cons

Shop managers don't follow corporate policy, techs don't respect management.

It depends on who owns the franchise u work foe

I was a manager and upper management didn't back my play. Allowing employees to run wild and do things that I would normally terminate people for. Including not doing work and being aggressive tward management.

Midas Utilities unit (construction)

Midas Utilities unit (construction) very unprofessional and disregard for the safety of their staff as well as the public. I was hired for traffic control (flagger) I never was properly trained nor certified! My first day I was thrown out to control the traffic around large utility machinery. My fellow flagger, with whom I communicated with about the the current traffic flow, insuring the safety of all surrounding motorist and my fellow construction team while the constitution was underway... Had a very serious and overwhelming drug problem! This other controller would fall asleep while holding up our control (stop/proceed) sign, while communicated through our walkies, even while guiding/spotting our moving heavy machinery on and off road and vehicle blind spots the operator had to depend sole on the spotter to see. I was told they would pay for me to go though the flagger certification course being to be able to be in this position on a job site the person need to be fully certified. I worked there for 10 month, controlling traffic and the safety of other without having no certificate nor even having any proper training. We would work way past sundown while poring rain/heavy snowfall without no type of light source other then what was on the utility machinery all while having no walkie talkie due to drained batters or just negligence to charge them at night. We has no way to communicate all we could do was try our hardest to see the fellow flagger whenever getting a glimpse of lighting. The Foreman we assigned to our team drove our job sight into the ground! The 5 month project -

It was mostly stressful and very long hours at work

As management it had its fun days but mostly just down for the most part but it paid the bills and I really appreciated the fact that I could pay my bills for the most part and I was able to make time for the extra things at home but mainly it just paid the bills...........

Pretty good place to work

Good place to work and grow your skills you get to work under master technician. Through this you can gain skills that transfer to real world knowledge.

poorly managed

no global vision of management. no adherence to the company's own bonus plan. culture of criticism and not positive feedback. culture of pushing credit card and not developing client relationship.

Midas was a good place to work for.

When I worked at Midas, they helped me with getting my mechanics license. They are good company to work for. They do alignments on vehicles so they can go straight down the road.

Pros

Learn more about mechanics.

Cons

Not enough time for meal breaks.

Don't do it

Alot of misleading and no progress from what's discussed when hired as far as advancement and training. I'll never step foot there again. With that ownership.

Terrible place to work.

This company has the biggest turnover rate I've ever seen. They fire anyone for any dumb reason and refuse to give raises to people who deserve them. This company will never understand true value in a mechanic. This company is a disgrace to the auto world.

Common questions about MIDAS

Answered by current and former employees at MIDAS

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MIDAS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.2
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare MIDAS with

• MIDAS
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?