Midco Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 13, 2018
Working at midcontinent was very relaxed. It was easy to find motivation within the team to push myself to be better. The managers were fair and personable.
July 13, 2018

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at Midco! Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Great Manager
Operations Improvement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 10, 2018
Always helps when you have a manager who understands your goal and can help alligning these with his department and company goals.
Feedbacks are important to improve and more frequent feedbacks would have helped.
July 13, 2018

Thanks for your review! Midco is working on processes for gathering and acting on employee feedback, including NPS and the annual employee engagement survey. We're glad your manager is supportive of your goals and helps fit them into overall department and company goals - that's what we want for all our employees!

Poor management and policy
Business (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 11, 2018
Great company but they really need to re-evaluate their management situation. There are too many great employees held back and silenced when they have good ideas. Just keep to yourself.
Benefits
Cons
Policy and management
February 20, 2018

We really appreciate you leaving this feedback. We definitely want all employees to feel free to share their thoughts and ideas, and we'll keep looking into ways to make sure everyone feels heard.

Midco is a great place to work and do business with
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 5, 2018
Midco was an interesting job because right off the bat, they provide full training for you to become a certified technician that can enter a customer's home, install their cable/internet/phone and get everything working. Punctuality for each job is a must, but they always had floating employees that could assist with a job if it became too large or you had to replace wiring (very basic) or anything further than a standard install. You always knew where you were going and how long you had to be there before you started the day, and no two work orders were the same.

Management was extremely knowledgeable about the job and often times would be able to help with the high demand of services when necessary. Midco is a great company to work for, with reasonable hours and good pay and benefits.

I never went to a job where the customer was not excited to see me, because Midco provides awesome internet service (along with their other services) and if something isn't working, it will be fixed and working properly before you leave.
Pros
Great pay/benefits, dynamic yet static work (installing same services, but no two houses the same)
Cons
Have to work in the elements regardless of weather.
February 20, 2018

Thanks so much for your review! This is great information for anyone interested in joining us as a Field Tech. We appreciate you sharing your experience!

Ugh
Cust care (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 17, 2018
Waste of time!! Can’t be even a min late or someone is coming to talk to you! Sups act like they understand but they don’t! Not much help either. Training is fast maybe to fast
January 25, 2018

So sorry to hear that this was your experience with Midco! We will definitely take your suggestions about slowing down training into consideration. Thank you.

Not a bad company but going through some growing pains
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 16, 2018
Management was poor, great employees would be promoted into management positions without management experience. A great employee does not mean they will be a great manager.

Benefits are great, health, dental and vision insurance, 401K match, PTO, EIP, and free or discounted services.

Management would over promise and under deliver leaving a bad impression of the department.
Pros
Free or discounted services
Cons
Stress
January 25, 2018

Thanks for the review! While we want there to be opportunities for growth for all our employees, we also want our management to be empowered to lead effectively. We will definitely take this feedback into consideration when we look at training processes.

Midco review
Broadband Technician (Current Employee) –  Sturgis, SDOctober 25, 2017
Overall, not a bad place to work. Very fast paced during the summer. Inadequate training; much of what is learned is learned in the field while trying to complete jobs correctly.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Training
October 30, 2017

We're so sorry to hear that you feel your training wasn't adequate! We will definitely pass this feedback along to the trainers in your area. Thank you for your honest feedback.

Fun work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNOctober 13, 2017
Very laid back job with a fun work environment. Management was always great as well as the tech guys. Customer service was great with those few people who weren't so fun to deal with. Overall, great job.
Pros
nice little advancements from sales
Cons
part time-no benefits
October 30, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review! We appreciate your honest feedback and will pass along the compliments.

fun
Lead Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Onsted, MIOctober 10, 2017
laid back busy organized clean fun great starter position good hrs good business seasonal good people funn atmosphere big shop needs more advertising
Pros
paid vaction
Cons
no ins
January 25, 2018

Thanks for reviewing us! We always appreciate the feedback.

Great culture.
Enterprise Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 5, 2017
Quite a bit a traveling to ND, SD, MN. Negotiating, working with engineering and project management, proposals and contracts and business development. I learned a lot about technology and the engineers were good to explain. Management was good. They let the three of us work independently and try to figure out an installation where again engineers were involved. Open door policy and the managers would pretty much always approve your proposals. Great culture. Management always pounded in work/life balance. They care about their people. The hardest is changing systems and it took us so much time. Not having the support from administrative assistants. I made a lot of friends who would help problem solve and you could confide in them. My two colleagues would try to solve things by meeting offsite. We would also try to coordinate our trips up north when we had client visits and we talked shop most of the time but we all knew about each other's families. And that was a good break.
Pros
flexibity and people
Cons
Propecting when the well so to say is dry.
October 30, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to review us! We are glad that you had an overall good experience with Midco. Your commitment to Midco and to its customers is apparent in this review, and we thank you for that.

Repetitive and unsatisfactory
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 17, 2017
Corporate policy dictates that they would rather give the customer a half-answer than spend extra time on the phone ensuring that their issue was resolved. They care far more about the numbers on their spreadsheets than their customers.
Pros
Fixed hours and decent pto.
Cons
Repetitive, frustrating, boring and unnecessary.
September 19, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! We're sorry you felt that you should give a customer anything less than your full attention and support - that's certainly not what we want for our employees OR our customers. This feedback will be passed on to the appropriate managers - thank you.

Great work environment!
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDJune 28, 2017
I worked at Midco as a Tech support rep. The job itself was actually fantastic as far as call center jobs go. The benefits were really decent and the pay was fair. They invest time into training you so when you do eventually hit the phones you feel prepared and knowledgeable. the staff and managers you work alongside are friendly and encouraging. The problem I face with the job was long hours. If you are okay working weekends and possibly upwards to ten hour shifts this job is fantastic!
Awesome company to work for.
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJune 14, 2017
Excellent company to work for. You can work on your own but there is always help available to you from other co-workers or your supervisor. Always received yearly raises and cost of living raises too. I would still be working there today but relocated to another state to be closer to family.
Pros
Company vehicle, good benefits package, awesome management and co workers.
Cons
None to speak of.
Busy place
System Solution Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 8, 2017
People are great, and work is frantic. Needs to slow down and plan. Pay and benefits are slightly below average. Extremely customer focused. Need a long term vision.
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
pay
fun work place
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sioux FallsApril 18, 2017
Midco is a fun place to work they take care of their employees, You keep busy so your work day flys by. The management and employees are awesome people to work with. The environment is like a big family.
Pros
care about their employees
Great Experience
Filed technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Wiliston, NDMarch 19, 2017
I have worked for Midco before and they treat their employees like family. I've never felt as if I was not treated with respect or gratitude for being the face of the company that the customers see. I would work for the company again in a heartbeat.
Pros
Great benifits all around, family setting.
Cons
Sometimes inclimate weather
Fabulous place to work
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 27, 2017
I spent one glorious summer working for the legal team at Midco. During this time, I was able to do tons of research and write many memos. Some of my research was really interesting, like the implications of the FCC's Net Neutrality on ISPs, or using drones for the production of commercials. I also did some of the boring stuff, like poring through endless documents, but it was never a chore. The corporate culture here is seriously positive. Everyone is really upbeat, the atmosphere is fun and energetic, and understanding. Compensation is very competitive. I felt like I really gained so many marketable skills and the company really did the best it could to ensure my time there was productive and helpful for my career track. The only negative is I couldn't stay longer, and/or there wasn't a job for me after graduation! Also, although I learned a ton about the practice of in-house corporate law, in a tight job market that knowledge hasn't resulted in a long-term career. I wouldn't go back and change it though!
you are a person, who is valued
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  WisconsinFebruary 6, 2017
I work in a smaller franchise of the company, so the workload is more stacked in the sense of, I am an installer, service tech, locator, P.M. tech assistant. But having said that, opportunities for advancement are around, upper management isn't afraid to talk with you. Of course you will have some managers which can be toxic. But that's life. But, work/life balance is great, pay is higher for the industry as well as training opportunities, and opportunities for advancement in pay. Most of us have met the CEO personally when he toured the company during our rebrand. I thought that was pretty neat.
Pros
benefits are great, pay is higher than most, job security
Cons
you'll have some toxic management, communicating can be lacking between departments.
Great place to work in a seasonal position
Seasonal Contact Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 30, 2016
Answer customer phone calls, place, edit, verify orders. Learned customer contact software. Management was supportive but pushy. Great co-workers fun team to work with. Hardest part of my job sales goals.
Pros
seasonal, flexible schedule
Cons
sales goals
fun out going workplace
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 9, 2016
Enjoyed what i did and the company ver family oriented they reall care for the employees and the life they have outside of work i would have to say one of the best companies ever

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midco. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight