Midco Employee Reviews

good working atmosphere
Telephone Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 26, 2018
I enjoyed working at Midco and only left because I relocated to a different state. I worked 4 10 hour shifts, if you were not busy, you had the option of leaving but were never forced to go home.
October 5, 2018

Thanks for the review. While it's always hard to lose our employees, we wish you the best in your new home!

Stable productive environment
Business Solutions Representative II (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 24, 2018
It has been a great place to work and live. I have been able to get debt paid off and purchase a modest home, granted with a two family income. With that said the benefits like health, 401 k match , and services discounts have certainly added to the overall compensation.
Pros
Stabel and productive
Cons
Salary and some manager issues
October 5, 2018

Thanks so much for leaving this review. We're so glad to hear that the benefits have added to your overall job satisfaction. As we continue to add NPS huddles throughout the company, we'd encourage you to bring up ideas and concerns in them so that your thoughts can continue to be heard. Thanks again for reviewing us!

Productive, companionable work environment
Customer Care Expert (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 9, 2018
Great pay and benefits, friendly open staff, great management, never know what is going to happen on the day to day but there is great support and caring.
September 18, 2018

Hi, glad to hear that you are happy with Midco overall! It's true that things are often different day to day – and while that keeps things interesting, we know it can also sometimes be stressful. We're glad you can find support in your coworkers and management and hope you'll always feel free to talk to your manager if any issues crop up. Thanks for leaving the review!

Caring Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 10, 2018
Midco treats its employees very well and cares about their opinions. My manager went above and beyond the call of duties for me many times when I needed help. It does get pretty busy some days with none stop calls but never lasts forever. The benefits are top of the line as well!
Pros
Great benifits, great pay, caring managers
Cons
Some weeks can get busy
August 13, 2018

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are so glad to hear that you've been happy at Midco and with your manager. As a growing company, we know that some days get busy, and we are continually evaluating staffing levels to try to give our employees some relief. Thank you for all you do for Midco - we appreciate your hard work and positive attitude.

They hire the wrong people
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 1, 2018
They hire people who are good talkers and then try to teach them technical support for the internet. You are expected to get people online quickly. You need to be mechanically gifted to succeed.
August 13, 2018

Hello, this is great feedback for our recruiting team - thank you so much for taking the time to leave your honest feedback.

Fun place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 13, 2018
Working at midcontinent was very relaxed. It was easy to find motivation within the team to push myself to be better. The managers were fair and personable.
July 13, 2018

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at Midco! Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Keep your head down
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 12, 2018
Management couldn't care less about employees. Your requests will go unanswered. Compensation greatly needs improvement. Great job for temporary employment. Terrible training.
Pros
Free cable and internet
Cons
Horrible training, systems rarely work.
July 13, 2018

Thanks for leaving your review. We are sorry to hear you feel that management, training and compensation in your department needs improvement. Your feedback helps make us better, so thank you for your honesty.

Great Manager
Operations Improvement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 10, 2018
Always helps when you have a manager who understands your goal and can help alligning these with his department and company goals.
Feedbacks are important to improve and more frequent feedbacks would have helped.
July 13, 2018

Thanks for your review! Midco is working on processes for gathering and acting on employee feedback, including NPS and the annual employee engagement survey. We're glad your manager is supportive of your goals and helps fit them into overall department and company goals - that's what we want for all our employees!

Poor management and policy
Business (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 11, 2018
Great company but they really need to re-evaluate their management situation. There are too many great employees held back and silenced when they have good ideas. Just keep to yourself.
Benefits
Cons
Policy and management
February 20, 2018

We really appreciate you leaving this feedback. We definitely want all employees to feel free to share their thoughts and ideas, and we'll keep looking into ways to make sure everyone feels heard.

Midco is a great place to work and do business with
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 5, 2018
Midco was an interesting job because right off the bat, they provide full training for you to become a certified technician that can enter a customer's home, install their cable/internet/phone and get everything working. Punctuality for each job is a must, but they always had floating employees that could assist with a job if it became too large or you had to replace wiring (very basic) or anything further than a standard install. You always knew where you were going and how long you had to be there before you started the day, and no two work orders were the same.

Management was extremely knowledgeable about the job and often times would be able to help with the high demand of services when necessary. Midco is a great company to work for, with reasonable hours and good pay and benefits.

I never went to a job where the customer was not excited to see me, because Midco provides awesome internet service (along with their other services) and if something isn't working, it will be fixed and working properly before you leave.
Pros
Great pay/benefits, dynamic yet static work (installing same services, but no two houses the same)
Cons
Have to work in the elements regardless of weather.
February 20, 2018

Thanks so much for your review! This is great information for anyone interested in joining us as a Field Tech. We appreciate you sharing your experience!

Ugh
Cust care (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 17, 2018
Waste of time!! Can’t be even a min late or someone is coming to talk to you! Sups act like they understand but they don’t! Not much help either. Training is fast maybe to fast
January 25, 2018

So sorry to hear that this was your experience with Midco! We will definitely take your suggestions about slowing down training into consideration. Thank you.

Not a bad company but going through some growing pains
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 16, 2018
Management was poor, great employees would be promoted into management positions without management experience. A great employee does not mean they will be a great manager.

Benefits are great, health, dental and vision insurance, 401K match, PTO, EIP, and free or discounted services.

Management would over promise and under deliver leaving a bad impression of the department.
Pros
Free or discounted services
Cons
Stress
January 25, 2018

Thanks for the review! While we want there to be opportunities for growth for all our employees, we also want our management to be empowered to lead effectively. We will definitely take this feedback into consideration when we look at training processes.

my typical day at work
Tech (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDDecember 13, 2017
My typical day at work consist of stocking my work van with cable equipment such as cable boxes, and tools needed to perform the job. Install cable service and customer premises, ran cable line through underground and from the arial tap to customer house and replaced line when needed. Always on time fo a schedule installs. Trouble shoot and repair service.
Midco review
Broadband Technician (Current Employee) –  Sturgis, SDOctober 25, 2017
Overall, not a bad place to work. Very fast paced during the summer. Inadequate training; much of what is learned is learned in the field while trying to complete jobs correctly.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Training
October 30, 2017

We're so sorry to hear that you feel your training wasn't adequate! We will definitely pass this feedback along to the trainers in your area. Thank you for your honest feedback.

Fun work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNOctober 13, 2017
Very laid back job with a fun work environment. Management was always great as well as the tech guys. Customer service was great with those few people who weren't so fun to deal with. Overall, great job.
Pros
nice little advancements from sales
Cons
part time-no benefits
October 30, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review! We appreciate your honest feedback and will pass along the compliments.

fun
Lead Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Onsted, MIOctober 10, 2017
laid back busy organized clean fun great starter position good hrs good business seasonal good people funn atmosphere big shop needs more advertising
Pros
paid vaction
Cons
no ins
January 25, 2018

Thanks for reviewing us! We always appreciate the feedback.

Great culture.
Enterprise Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 5, 2017
Quite a bit a traveling to ND, SD, MN. Negotiating, working with engineering and project management, proposals and contracts and business development. I learned a lot about technology and the engineers were good to explain. Management was good. They let the three of us work independently and try to figure out an installation where again engineers were involved. Open door policy and the managers would pretty much always approve your proposals. Great culture. Management always pounded in work/life balance. They care about their people. The hardest is changing systems and it took us so much time. Not having the support from administrative assistants. I made a lot of friends who would help problem solve and you could confide in them. My two colleagues would try to solve things by meeting offsite. We would also try to coordinate our trips up north when we had client visits and we talked shop most of the time but we all knew about each other's families. And that was a good break.
Pros
flexibity and people
Cons
Propecting when the well so to say is dry.
October 30, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to review us! We are glad that you had an overall good experience with Midco. Your commitment to Midco and to its customers is apparent in this review, and we thank you for that.

Repetitive and unsatisfactory
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 17, 2017
Corporate policy dictates that they would rather give the customer a half-answer than spend extra time on the phone ensuring that their issue was resolved. They care far more about the numbers on their spreadsheets than their customers.
Pros
Fixed hours and decent pto.
Cons
Repetitive, frustrating, boring and unnecessary.
September 19, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! We're sorry you felt that you should give a customer anything less than your full attention and support - that's certainly not what we want for our employees OR our customers. This feedback will be passed on to the appropriate managers - thank you.

Great work environment!
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDJune 28, 2017
I worked at Midco as a Tech support rep. The job itself was actually fantastic as far as call center jobs go. The benefits were really decent and the pay was fair. They invest time into training you so when you do eventually hit the phones you feel prepared and knowledgeable. the staff and managers you work alongside are friendly and encouraging. The problem I face with the job was long hours. If you are okay working weekends and possibly upwards to ten hour shifts this job is fantastic!
Awesome company to work for.
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJune 14, 2017
Excellent company to work for. You can work on your own but there is always help available to you from other co-workers or your supervisor. Always received yearly raises and cost of living raises too. I would still be working there today but relocated to another state to be closer to family.
Pros
Company vehicle, good benefits package, awesome management and co workers.
Cons
None to speak of.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midco. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight