Midcounties Co-operative Employee Reviews

Going stir crazy
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  highFebruary 19, 2018
No chance of promotion, poor wages for the responsibilities, Work long hours for little appreciation, bored, nothing to get your teeth into. I love working at the co op but feel a bit lost as wanting to progress.
Pros
close to home
Cons
long hours, more wages
Team Leader
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Mid Counties Co-OperativeMarch 23, 2016
I am currently a team leader, of which I am a key holder I am on call 24/7, I work within a team of people, I deal with the general public everyday, I handle cash, telephone calls internet, emails, ordering, I currently in charge of all promotions, pricing, administration work. I enjoy the people, but i dont enjoy the late nights till 10pm, that is the hardest part of the job, it fits around my school hours, but i also have a super mother in law that helps me out if needed
Fantastic ethical company with genuine equal opportunities and respect for all colleagues
Reward and Benefits Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIApril 21, 2014
The Midcounties Co-operative in the UK afforded me the respect to allow for flexible time, so long as I was fulfilling my job description. Because of this attitude my work morale was at an all-time high for all my previous work experience. When you're treated like an adult you tend to act like one.

Also their ethics and values were practiced in daily routine from valuing all colleagues to having a 'green' office that recycled and sought out energy saving practices regularly.

I always felt that my personal life came first and management were completely understanding of the value of personal time. There was an openness and honesty from the top down (even in publishing reports on what the company made, what the executives' salaries are, how much bonus they received, etc) which helped employees feel the obligation for accountability towards their managers. Turnover and sick leave were low.

This was the best business I have ever worked for, hands down, and if I still lived in the UK I would be honoured to still be working there.
Pros
flexi-time, happy co-workers
Cons
n/a