Middle Georgia Community Action Agency

Middle Georgia Community Action Agency insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Goal oriented, low pay.

There are tons of rules, but everyone is expected to follow them equally, which is nice. The pay is a joke. Insane amount of paperwork with strict deadlines.

Pros

Schedule, Pto, Benefits, Rewarding

Cons

Pay

A Great place to work!

This company is a non-profit organization that gives back to the community. I love being a part of a company that pours back into the community while giving their employees a sense of purpose.

Work- Life balance is a bonus

I enjoyed working from 8 am to 5pm from Monday through Friday. There is leave pay awarded as you earn paid time off through attendance. The pay was decent for area that we were in.

Pros

Decent pay, paid time off, paid holidays

Cons

Advancement was far in between

They do not appreciate their employees

Little pay and no respect for their employees. They keep adding more work and then when you can’t finish you get in trouble. They can’t keep employees

Pros

Kids

Cons

Pay

Little pay scale

Need more money for the job I accomplish on a day to day work day. I wear many hats at the center where I work. I don’t get paid for the incentive to keep me happy in my position.

Pros

Work week days only. No summer work.

Cons

Short breaks, no notice if you have to pick up another job duty, low pay.

Very caring and considerate

Very supportive team. Supervisors were Awesome and assisted when needed to the best of their abilities. Open availability and supportive. Truly cared for wellbeing and family oriented. Was very accommodating to approve request time off.

Pros

Willingness to accommodate time off

Cons

Low pay but it is a nonprofit company.

The children

The children is the only good thing. The people at this company do not care about you at all. Your job is threaten daily. Rules only apply to employees like teachers and the staff but not upper management.

Pros

Children

Cons

Everything else

Do not work here

If you want to live in poverty, do not work here. They pay their employees so little that the employees actually qualify for ALL of the services they offer. Directors, however, make six figures. 100,000 or well over.

Pros

Cons

Pay, Management, workload

Company is unorganized

Middle Ga do not care about their employees. They do not give raises, never say thank you for a job well done. They hire people that doesn’t have any education background or know anything about working with kids. Not a great place to work. Most of the people that’s still there are unhappy and just getting by because of the hours. (Mon-Friday 7am-3pm) Not a great place of employment!!

Pros

Monday-Friday 7-3

Horribly managed

The management has no idea how to run this business. The company structure is completely based on gossip and hearsay. There is no training, random firings and a complete disregard for chain of command. Hard work is ignored, bad mouthing is encouraged and rewarded. A ridiculous place to work.

Paid on time , mon thru friday job, works well for family members

I really like my center mgr..very concerned about employees. Very family oriented place.I was impressed by the training for employees.I like the clean and safe environment

Cons

Healthcare

Wonderful place to work

The best part about this job is working with young children and the wonderful benefits and incentives. Sometimes, there are some difficult days. But it's worth it.

They really don't care their employees.

They don't care about their employee. They don't give their employees enough training, but they expect the employees to performance. I was expected to perform ad a employee with only one day training.

Typewriters & FAT Executives

Outdated organization. No shortage of typewriters & filing cabinets. Still playing a good old boys game by good old boys rules, Didn't change with change in administration. Will require new blood to breathe fresh air and new life into this space. Until then, the same few, will stay FAT at the top while hundreds of employees stay poor, never getting a raise. This social service organization is a failure, because it fails to prioritize its customers or its employees and never has.

Pros

feel good service work

Cons

Rule with an iron fist; No raises for employees, ever.

Great Place to Start Your Career

MGCAA is a great place to start your career. I was a case manager in a local office outside of the main office, which is in Warner Robins. You get to interact with clients and offer services like energy assistance.

Pros

Great Place to Start Your Career

Cons

Pay

the hardest part of job

the hard part of the job is keeping up with the paper work and also having the the time to do the paper work. But overall it is a pretty good. i enjoy working there and with the people too.

Hiring wage is locked in forever

You rate of pay is set at time of hire with no future pay increase unless you change departments with an increase of pay giving that department offers an increase of pay.

Pros

All Paid holidays, work M-F 8am to 5pm

Cons

Health care went up, Non-negotiable raises

Not a good place to work. Need better management

No help with kids No help when other teacher out Not paid enough Cant be out to have a baby or for surgery if so you have to come back before time. No subsitutes No rasises

Pros

Co workers, children

Cons

Bad mangement, high turn over rate, under paid

Mgcaa

Middle Georgia. CAA is a place everyone there is like family. Everyone strides to do their his or her part to help the community anyway possible. If any one who needs help and is not in jurisdiction they'll be sure to direct you in the right direction.

Pros

The agency pays 85% of your benefits, retirement plan

Cons

policy and procedures needs to updated and explained clearly

good people to workmfor.

met interesting people while driving them to their dr. appointments. I learned to be a good listener. Enjoyed the holiday dinners that the company provided, and the fellowship.

enjoyable day

The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing the children with a smile on their faces. also talking to the parents about their children school day and what we can do to improve his or her development in school.

Pros

good staff

Cons

some children

Common questions about Middle Georgia Community Action Agency

Answered by current and former employees at Middle Georgia Community Action Agency

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Middle Georgia Community Action Agency. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Middle Georgia Community Action Agency in popular locations

• Middle Georgia Community Action Agency
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?