Middle Georgia State University Employee Reviews

Great Environment
Student Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 17, 2019
Great environment for the facilitation of learning. There are a variety of options that gives students a chance to learn and in my case as a teacher assistant it gave me valuable organizational and planning skills that could be used in future employment.
Fun and challenging school to attend
Student (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 9, 2019
This is where I got my B.S. Degree in Information Technology and it was a challenging course load that really helped to develop me as a well rounded employee and student. Great place to attend.
Great Place/Very Low Pay
Administrator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 10, 2019
Very Low Pay!!! Poverty living with a State Job!!! No advancement. They will hire from the outside instead of within. It is all about WHO you know and not WHAT you know.
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Very Low Pay
Would recommend
Community Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cochran, GAApril 10, 2019
It is a good job. Benefits are great except for the pay. However to compensate for the pay, you are awarded a free apartment until you leave the college. You do not have to pay rent. However, part time does not get benefits other than the apartment and a check while full times gets all the benefits.
Take a year or two there if you have to, then leave
Catalog, Curriculum & Student Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 25, 2019
MGA is not a great place to work. More or less every employee there either has been there for 10+ years and feels trapped, has been there a short period of time and is looking to leave, or has already left. The people are overall nice, but the individual departments (Academic Affairs, Student Life, etc) have no idea what the others do and don't have any direct contact with them which ends up hurting the students who need help. A lot is wrong with the way the university is structured and run, and many of the faculty and staff are vocal about a desire to fix it, but then lack any follow through on actually making progress and taking the steps to fix anything.
I had a wonderful time until changes in management happened.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cochran, GAFebruary 5, 2019
I loved my job and fully involved my life with it and my Boss. But unfortunately the day after he left, I was terminated. But I still recommend this place for low experienced.
Loved My Position
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 25, 2019
This is the position that I am the most proud of to date. The atmosphere was relaxed and very respectful of everyone. I made great relationships here.
Pros
Relaxed and gratifying work
Cons
Was not able to work Full-time
Productive and inviting place to work.
Admissions assistant (Former Employee) –  Macon, GeorgiaJanuary 18, 2019
They are like a family in the office. I enjoyed working with the staff, however I needed more hours. As a student worker they only permit a maximum of 19 a week.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low amount of hours
Good place to work and grow
System Administrator I (Current Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 11, 2018
MGA was a good place to learn, work, and grow in my field of information technology. Gaining knowledge and education at the University was the best part of working there.
Pros
education
Cons
limited growth and salary.
Great environment!
Wellness Center Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Cochran, GADecember 8, 2018
I worked 3 years here, and was treated well. My boss and co-workers were very kind, and the ability to make a difference was good. I was allowed to choose my hours according to what I needed.
Pros
great place
Cons
My department is one of the best.
Accounting Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Cochran, GANovember 30, 2018
Great department supervisor and team. Excellent environment and atmosphere. Enjoyable job which allowed me to learn a lot. Typical day at work is busy.
Pros
free gym
Cons
salary
Director of Alumni Relations (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 29, 2018
Great people at Middle Georgia State University. I enjoy the collaboration with each division. The students at MGA are some of the best. Most affordable University in GA.
Pros
Friday's off in the summer.
Middle Georgia State University
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 24, 2018
I work as a student assistant. It is very a very relaxed environment. I am able to work and complete work for my classes. I get to meet new people every day and serve people.
Pros
Able to focus on school while also working
Cons
not many hours and minimum wage
Needs help
Professor (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAAugust 4, 2018
Poor working conditions and management. Needs to be more like a 4-year university. Still operates like a JUCO. With different campuses, they all need to operate on the same page. Too many differences between Macon and the other campuses. Also, lack of housing in Macon and lack of industry and businesses in Cochran.
System Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Macon, GA 31206August 2, 2018
Great place to work. Busy at times but has a calm environment. You’re constantly learning while repairing & I had a good time doing different jobs & interacting with others.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
No overtime
Nicest people ever!
Director of Financial Aid (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 25, 2018
MGA fosters a family atmosphere. REALLY nice people. This has been a great experience. I hate to leave but want to get back to Savannah. I appreciate an opportunity to go back home an work for STC.
Good work environment and team oriented
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 14, 2018
MGA is a good work environment and education is available for those who pursue it. Teamwork is valued and the people work well together and support one another. good communication between departments and very goal oriented.
It is family orientated and offer a lot of opportunities to grow both professionally and personally.
Financial Aid Advisor I (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 29, 2018
Overall, a good place to work. There are lots of opportunities for advancements in different areas, and it offer the staff the opportunity to get a free college degree, both an undergraduate and graduate degrees, and that is a big plus for the staff. There are lots of opportunities for campus and community volunteer activities. MGA offers a lot of resources to help student to succeed throughout the entire college experience.
Stressful
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 23, 2018
-Lack of advancement opportunity
-Overworked
-Underpaid; No consideration for education and experience
-Typical 9 or 10 hour work days
-Good Benefits
Pros
Benefits, Pto, Weekends off
Cons
30 min lunch break
Ticking clock with regard to lack of safety awareness
Staff (Current Employee) –  Eastman, GAMay 14, 2018
Lacks pro-active leadership/management from main Macon campus - just drains from the aviation program funds, no promotion or mention of certain aviation programs - bare bones staffing while expending large funds for top heavy management structure.
Pros
Work schedule
Cons
Lack of communication/coordination Lax management style Weak leadership