Middlebury Hardwood Products

Middlebury Hardwood Products Employee Reviews

United States13 reviews
Affordable insurance. Weekly attendance bonus. Slow to give raises. They have no problem with employing you even if you are not legal as long as you have some kind of documentation.
They were great to work for they were always understand able and very flexable if u were unable to go to work just show them a paper why and it was ok
I like working there the pay was good and it was fun and something new everyday and they wanted the employees to learn and advance themselves and they were willing to pay good compensation for skills earned
Pros
free lunches every quarter
I was 13, so I don't have much to say. I picked up trash for two hours a day after school. This job was fine, my mom worked there so I was able to get into the workplace.
It's a good place to work but sometimes new people make more money than the people that has worked there for a while. But for the most part is it a good place to work you just need to like to work
Pros
Secure job
Cons
Managment sometimes doesn't have the nessesary experience
Ok so Middlebury hardwoods was not a hard job it was fairly easy but the pay was trash and the co workers were on par with the bosses i did have one boss i like he was old as dirty and rude as all get out but was a great old man to work with carl was him name ill never forget that old man he was awesome about the only reason i kept going was to hear what that old man was gonna say next lay offs are a horrible thing
Pros
Decent bosses
Cons
Terrible pay and co workers
I was not trained properly at all, and when I made mistakes instead of teaching and correcting me the supervisors talked negatively about me and fixed them their selves. There is a lot of negativity which makes it stressful and hard to focus on the job. Very hostile work environment.
Working for the owner and family was absurd. I would frequently catch my supervisor (family owner), feet propped up on desk and sleeping. My expectations were simply to make him look good to his family.
Analyze workload of the day and how orders have progressed in past 24 hours. Organize & move workers to where most needed. Wonderful co workers and labor force. Most of the time we needed more workers. As a result of being short of employees we were forced into a lot of overtime including saturdays.

Hardest part of job was frequent breakdown of equipment.
Pros
Flexible commuicating management
Cons
At times, Orders overwhelming
great place to work. The company cares about their employees.
The management was awful. The manager didn't work well with people and would normally just sit in his office all day and would bark orders about getting more work done. They changed the schedule all the time with very little notice. We would work 10 to 12 hour days 5 or 6 days a week. They hardly gave room for advancement. The money was horrible and the manager went on a buddy system where the more he liked you, the more you got paid.
i learned how to inspect parts for shipping. i learn the diffrent types of wood and how to use the cutters and routers
Pros
overtime
Cons
high insurance
I set up and ran machines. Stacked wood.I learned that no matter how good of a job you do this company does not really care about their employees. Management was lackluster and someone a few months before I started had gotten hurt rather badly( must have sued ) so when I pulled a muscle in my back they really acted hostile.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
it was very hot in the summer, and you were not allowed any fans where as at other companies doing the same work you were.