Middlebury Hardwood Products

• Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Tiring

The parking lot is so bad feels like you are in a ninja warrior show hopping over the holes. Hardly get any raises and new people are starting out at higher pay than the ones who have been there way longer. Always running out of wood as well. Putting more and more work on us without any extra pay or benefits.

Pros

Got orders

Cons

No life outside of there

Affordable insurance. Weekly attendance bonus. Slow to give raises.

Affordable insurance. Weekly attendance bonus. Slow to give raises. They have no problem with employing you even if you are not legal as long as you have some kind of documentation.

Great job

They were great to work for they were always understand able and very flexable if u were unable to go to work just show them a paper why and it was ok

middlebury hardwoods

I like working there the pay was good and it was fun and something new everyday and they wanted the employees to learn and advance themselves and they were willing to pay good compensation for skills earned

Pros

free lunches every quarter

It's a good place to work but sometimes new people make more money than the people that has worked there for a while. But for the most part is it a good place to work you just need to like to work

Pros

Secure job

Cons

Managment sometimes doesn't have the nessesary experience

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Was not a great experience

Ok so Middlebury hardwoods was not a hard job it was fairly easy but the pay was trash and the co workers were on par with the bosses i did have one boss i like he was old as dirty and rude as all get out but was a great old man to work with carl was him name ill never forget that old man he was awesome about the only reason i kept going was to hear what that old man was gonna say next lay offs are a horrible thing

Pros

Decent bosses

Cons

Terrible pay and co workers

Very hostile work environment

I was not trained properly at all, and when I made mistakes instead of teaching and correcting me the supervisors talked negatively about me and fixed them their selves. There is a lot of negativity which makes it stressful and hard to focus on the job. Very hostile work environment.

Family Company and Unless You're Family, You're Nothing

Working for the owner and family was absurd. I would frequently catch my supervisor (family owner), feet propped up on desk and sleeping. My expectations were simply to make him look good to his family.

Excellent cooperative workplace environment

Analyze workload of the day and how orders have progressed in past 24 hours. Organize & move workers to where most needed. Wonderful co workers and labor force. Most of the time we needed more workers. As a result of being short of employees we were forced into a lot of overtime including saturdays. Hardest part of job was frequent breakdown of equipment.

Pros

Flexible commuicating management

Cons

At times, Orders overwhelming

great place to work

great place to work. The company cares about their employees.

Not a good place to work.

The management was awful. The manager didn't work well with people and would normally just sit in his office all day and would bark orders about getting more work done. They changed the schedule all the time with very little notice. We would work 10 to 12 hour days 5 or 6 days a week. They hardly gave room for advancement. The money was horrible and the manager went on a buddy system where the more he liked you, the more you got paid.

middlebury hardwood products

i learned how to inspect parts for shipping. i learn the diffrent types of wood and how to use the cutters and routers

Pros

overtime

Cons

high insurance

not a good place to work

I set up and ran machines. Stacked wood.I learned that no matter how good of a job you do this company does not really care about their employees. Management was lackluster and someone a few months before I started had gotten hurt rather badly( must have sued ) so when I pulled a muscle in my back they really acted hostile.

Pros

decent pay

Cons

it was very hot in the summer, and you were not allowed any fans where as at other companies doing the same work you were.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Middlebury Hardwood Products. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Middlebury Hardwood Products Reviews by Location

• Middlebury Hardwood Products
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?