Middlesex County College Employee Reviews

Its a great College
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 25, 2018
Middlesex County Colllege opened the door for my job initially. It helped me shape my career. It is a 2-year college where success starts. I loved being a part of Middlesex County College.
Pros
Great education
Cons
Great for a part-time job
First Year Assistant; Mathematics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 11, 2018
Middlesex County College provided part-time work that allowed time for completing college and studying. The work hours were reasonable and the compensation was adequate for a part-time position.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Limited hours available
Okay If You Know Someone
Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMarch 20, 2018
Worked in two different departments over my time there. Expectations versus pay and support didn't match. While I enjoyed working with most students, faculty and staff, it became an untenable situation because of the lack of advancement and financial benefits provided.
Pleasant work environmenet
Adjunct Professor of Student Success (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJMarch 1, 2018
Middlesex County College is a great place to work. Academic creativity is encouraged and there are plenty of resources you can go to when you need some assistance.
Challenging and interesting work environment
Student Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJFebruary 23, 2018
Typical day: Opening office. Reading email, and listening to voicemail. Prospective student testing. Externship orientations. Contacting medical facilities for externship or job placement. Recruiting medical facilities as externship sites. Contacting HR personal for job openings. Assisting students with resumes and job searches. Maintaining federal and state grant files, and billing when necessary. Assisting with program development and course assignment. Scheduling on campus meetings with students and prospective employers.

Difficult part of the job: Completing workload with limited hours.

Most enjoyable part of the job: The success of our students.
Pros
Pleasurable working enviroment. Working with staff, and assisting students to achieve their goals.
Cons
Not enough hours. Time it takes items to be reviewed, and/or approved. No salary increases for part time employees.
Did not work here was student
NJCAA Athlete (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJFebruary 20, 2018
I was a student here it is a fine place to go to school takes a long time to get a two year degree. Profs. are ok but the rest of the staff is tough to deal with.
Excellent Work/Life Balance
Adjunct Professor (History) (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJFebruary 17, 2018
Great way to make some extra money by teaching what you know but still have enough time in the day to dedicate to other things.

Has sleek, modern facilities (library, learning center, fitness center, multiple classrooms, conference centers, & labs, theatre, cafeteria, bookstore & shop, Starbucks, etc.).

Department staff and professors are great, understanding, helpful, and efficient.
Pros
Great Work/Life Balance, Great Workplace & Culture, Great Department Staff & Colleagues, TIAA Retirement Plans
Cons
Low Pay, Difficult to Work Full-time
Beware horrible mangement
Part time Enrollment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 29, 2018
Horrible management, ton of work with no increase in compensation. If they don't like you they will do anything to get you out the door. Major favoritism that does not allow for proper growth of any employee no matter how hard you work. You can be the laziest of them all and still be employed. So if that sounds great for you then this is the job to go as long as they like you.
Pros
It was a nice learning experience.
Student (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJDecember 4, 2017
I was a full time student. Not Employee. I completed the Computerized Accounting Course. My professors were very nice and vere very sincerly caring bunch.
great place to work part-time
Adjunct Geology Professor (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 13, 2017
I only worked as an adjunct at MCC but felt supported by the other faculty members while there. I was treated with respect and the other faculty members were quick to share ideas and supplies. I would definitely adjunct at MCC again.
Friends and Family Plan
Continuing Education (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 11, 2017
Unless you are upper management's friend or kid or or related to a freeholder, forget about a decent job there.

Part-timers refer to themselves as "day laborers" because that is how they are treated. No benefits,no perks......not even a parking sticker.
Good College
Database Development Project (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 27, 2017
Learned a lot at the college. Went for another degree but ended up getting engrossed in the IT classes which were so much more interesting. Would recommend.
enjoyable work experience
ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 1, 2017
I enjoyed working with various students of many different levels. I am very detail oriented and organized in my teaching. I enjoyed working with students of varying cultures.
productive and fun
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 24, 2017
The job was enjoyable, i had to deal with a lot students, making their id's were done for them, making sure their questions were answered, faxing and doing copies for them.
Pros
free thursday lunches
Cons
very noisy
Excellent school
Accounting Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 18, 2017
Great environment to work in. No pressure from management. Small classes and students are willing to learn. More full time positions should be available.
Productive and Creative place to work
Designer (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 14, 2017
My experience working for Middlesex County College was a creative and an immersive. They really focus on design and the meaning behind it.
The directions were clear and the company always focuses on what is best for their clients.
very low pay but good experience
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 6, 2017
very low pay but good experience. had a lot of experience cooperating with students and keeping what i know fresh. teaching students allowed me to keep my knowledge in tact.
Great People, struggle for compensation
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 6, 2017
The people who work here are lovely, but the pay is a constant struggle and consistently behind where it should be for the amount of work done. The low pay requires multiple jobs to make ends meet.
Prepared daily class lectures.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 20, 2017
Taught an entry level course in Correction Administration;
Gave class lectures, prepared examinations, prepared class syllabus and what jail is like.
Great Place for Growth
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 15, 2017
As a student ambassador, I assisted incoming students with campus tours, applying to Middlesex and scheduling for courses.In addition, we were tasked with properly organizing student records.