Middlesex County College Employee Reviews

Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJuly 28, 2019
It is productive with great communication. I would recommended this job to everyone. The staff has been professional and very courteous. Also, I get to choose the days when I get to work. I work there as an adjunct professor.
Productive and busy workplace
Dental Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJuly 18, 2019
Great school, affordable and easy to sign up for. Very well organized when compared to some of the schools I've been too (I'm a perpetual student). Lots of activities for students to participate in and they encourage you to join and they have a lot of resources to help you keep up your grades too. The counselors can be a one stop shop for registering for classes, they're friendly and offer so much support. I love this school!
Students are great, Administration & Pay are HORRIBLE
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  HIstory & Social Science DepartmentJuly 8, 2019
Don't work at MCC if you plan to further your career by starting as an adjunct and working your way up to full-time instructor. In the last 10 years there have been less than 25 full-time instructors hired and 1% were adjuncts. The college has lost an average of 9 full-time instructors per year over the last 10 years (due to retirement or death) and all of the positions are being filled by adjuncts.

Every recipient of the annual CELT Excellence in teaching award for adjunct instructors has been denied a fulltime job and/or left for a better paying position elsewhere.

If more than 2 students fail any given course, that adjunct instructor frequently doesn't get rehired. Textbooks chosen for courses are horrible and instructors have no choice but to use the books chosen.

It's a great place to work as an administrator or department assistant, but it's a horrible place to work as an adjunct professor.
Good educational establishment
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 18, 2019
Good educational establishment for those students who wish to be in the credited and non credited classes. My department needs to utilize their instructors on a non contractual basis, and hire full or part time permanent status.
Middlesex County was an excellent emplotyer
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 22, 2019
While an adjunct instructor, I enjoyed my tenure at MCC They paid less than other colleges, but the experience was still favorable overall. My department head and I had a great working relationship, and he was extremely helpful as a mentor.
It is a progressive county college
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 16, 2019
The institution offers more than fifty programs and as two years college students, making easy to transfer to four year college. Staff and faculty are accessible to students and the college campus has a good environment.

The institution is very involved in the community offering programs as K-12 programs and summer camps.
Relaxed atmosphere, unless it's registration time, first week of classes, mid term, or finals.
Student Success Coach Part Time (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJApril 17, 2019
A typical day consists of meeting with students who may be experiencing challenges in one or more of their classes. I also attend various functions on the campus (meetings, faculty/staff events, student sponsored events, etc.).

The hardest part of the job is realizing that not every student will do as well as you want them to, not every student will qualify to get into the program(s) that they want.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when students let me know what the strategies we worked on, or talked about, helped them to pass their class(es)!
Productive and fun workplace
Computerized Accounting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJApril 2, 2019
Students acquired comprehensive skills in computerized accounting procedures with QuickBooks and Sage 50. All major topics were covered to prepare students for workforce demands.
Great place with knowledgeable staff
Chef instructor (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJFebruary 5, 2019
Poor management due to false promises and favoritism , I was given a schedule and then it was taken from me and given to another adjunct that had left for a year due to favoritism
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
No job security
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJFebruary 5, 2019
A rewarding job with almost no stress and very cordial people to work with. You also learn a lot for your own good and network with a lot of students.
Pros
ALl
great
Admissions office - Part-time Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 16, 2019
Great place to work, great enviorment , great people , JUST GREAT. Such an experience , I enjoyed the environment my place there was an experience to remember I learned so much . Each Day I learned and gained knowledge of something new .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
breaks were semi short but not long enough
A good place to study
Instructor of ESL, Citizenship (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJDecember 28, 2018
Basically, it is good. Though some branches of the college are poor managed, the Edison area, is pretty well conducive both for teaching and learning during the whole day.
Pros
Dependable transportation
Cons
Some unrealistic testing formats
hardespt part of job
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJDecember 22, 2018
I was paid for 5 hours of work while I was in the classroom only. Classroom time consisted of only instructional teaching. (I had to grade papers, work on next day's lecture, create tests and exams at home everyday without compensation. (This was roughly 2-3 hours overtime without pay each day).
Pros
Easy Parking for Staff
Cons
Worked 3 hours each day after pay hours to finish grading papers, setting up class for next day.
Mantainance
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJuly 8, 2018
every day work was cleaning a computer data after a student used. Check every day that compuer dont have any Virus.
Give evey day updates to suppervison, that what's going on In computer Lab's.
Its a great College
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 25, 2018
Middlesex County Colllege opened the door for my job initially. It helped me shape my career. It is a 2-year college where success starts. I loved being a part of Middlesex County College.
Pros
Great education
Cons
Great for a part-time job
First Year Assistant; Mathematics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 11, 2018
Middlesex County College provided part-time work that allowed time for completing college and studying. The work hours were reasonable and the compensation was adequate for a part-time position.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Limited hours available
Okay If You Know Someone
Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMarch 20, 2018
Worked in two different departments over my time there. Expectations versus pay and support didn't match. While I enjoyed working with most students, faculty and staff, it became an untenable situation because of the lack of advancement and financial benefits provided.
Pleasant work environmenet
Adjunct Professor of Student Success (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJMarch 1, 2018
Middlesex County College is a great place to work. Academic creativity is encouraged and there are plenty of resources you can go to when you need some assistance.
Challenging and interesting work environment
Student Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJFebruary 23, 2018
Typical day: Opening office. Reading email, and listening to voicemail. Prospective student testing. Externship orientations. Contacting medical facilities for externship or job placement. Recruiting medical facilities as externship sites. Contacting HR personal for job openings. Assisting students with resumes and job searches. Maintaining federal and state grant files, and billing when necessary. Assisting with program development and course assignment. Scheduling on campus meetings with students and prospective employers.

Difficult part of the job: Completing workload with limited hours.

Most enjoyable part of the job: The success of our students.
Pros
Pleasurable working enviroment. Working with staff, and assisting students to achieve their goals.
Cons
Not enough hours. Time it takes items to be reviewed, and/or approved. No salary increases for part time employees.
Did not work here was student
NJCAA Athlete (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJFebruary 20, 2018
I was a student here it is a fine place to go to school takes a long time to get a two year degree. Profs. are ok but the rest of the staff is tough to deal with.