Middlesex Hospital Employee Reviews

Learned new software
Gift Processor (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTFebruary 15, 2019
Learned Raiser's Edge and the world of Philanthropy. Not too keen on some of their soliciting practices. Had a very micro-managing manager, who made me feel that I was never doing my job well enough and had to over-see every aspect of every detail, even after being there for 4 years. I consider myself a very trusting, loyal and extremely proficient employee, always adapting and taking on new tasks, but none of this mattered.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Low pay, inadequate manager
Job security
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTJanuary 28, 2019
It's very busy nature; hands on systems workflow, is very fair, is very diverse, getting the providers to do there part in workflow, peaceful working environment.
Productive and enjoyable to work at
Parent Educator, Parenting Support Services (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJanuary 5, 2019
I will set my visits on a weekly base. On Monday I will use to complete my paperwork. I learned a lot about myself during this position. I reflected a lot about my work and what I am still learning about myself and others. I have great supervision and peer works that help a lot during the week and we collaborate with each other. If I have personal or work needs we are there to support each other and lay a hand. The hardest part of the job is seen people struggle about their lives and we are not able to help them change due to their choices they make in life. The most enjoyable part of the job is playing with children, see them grow mentally, emotionally and physically. I also enjoy seeing children connecting with their parents or other caretakers within such a short time.
Pros
the lunch is cheaper than any other resturants
Cons
Not having enough hours in a day to help clients and the pay can be better.
SecurityGuard
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJanuary 2, 2019
Middlesex hospital was a nice place to work, I only worked there for a short time in the security department and I was per diem, I don’t think there was much room for advancement in the security department and most security guards that worked there moved on to better jobs When they came available. The hourly wage was not commence are it with the dangers of the job, you had to deal with drunk individuals that were dropped off by the state police for detox and they would become very aggressive at times and you had to deal with them
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Mostly 3rd shift
It was Challenging
Porter, Storeroom Clerk, Dishwasher, Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTDecember 3, 2018
It was a good place to work And I enjoyed the staff and employees. I would refer it anyone and everyone.It is challenging and well mannered place. Enjoyed.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Breaks
Productive and great learning workplace
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutNovember 20, 2018
A good combination of diagnostic, fluoroscopy, and OR to keep up skills. Learned about technique and to give great patient care. Hardest part of the job is not being able to help everyone with their pain and illness but being able to give patients comfort, care, and ease makes the job great.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Holidays, weekends, salary
most enjoyable part of my job
APRN AC Clinic MIddlesex Hospital (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTNovember 9, 2018
I like knowing my patients well, see them at least monthly, I like the automony of the AC clinic. This is my 1st job in outpatient clinical. I work with a very good support staff
nursing focused, quality outcomes
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTOctober 19, 2018
Middlesex Hospital is a great place to work. Physician-nurse inter-collaboration is excellence. Very team focused with an emphasis on patient safety and service excellence. Hardest part of the job is frequent violence in the health care setting. Best part by far is the healthcare team, enthusiastic and caring people. Really fun group, passionate about what they do!
Pros
free parking, small staff, family like environment
Just Wrong
Manager (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTOctober 12, 2018
I tried really hard to like MHS and intended to be a long term employee. This hospital still has a community feel—-not a corporatized System—with many long time employees. If you’re in the right area, it can be a great opportunity otherwise leadership is the typical good old boys network with a few token women thrown in. The organization performs well financially in spite of a lack of strategic plans and proper support for programs and initiatives. Physicians rule the roost and bad behavior is tolerated.
Respond to all Hospital fire alarms and contingencys
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTSeptember 19, 2018
Make rounds of CO-Gen and firetube boilers. Perform water chemistry. Make rounds with all associated equipment for water steam cycle and chillers.
Pleasant and compassionate.
No weekends off.
Being of service to the nurses.
Wouldn't recommend
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTSeptember 9, 2018
Expect to work in an outdated office for low pay and unqualified people hovering over you, micromanaging every task. When an employee leaves, their job is not replaced. Instead their job is split and handed over to already overworked and underpaid employees. Would never work here again.
Pros
Flexibility with hours, relaxed dress code
Cons
Outdated practices, unqualified management, low pay
Wonderful Staff
Clinical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Saybrook Road, MiddletownJuly 29, 2018
All days were very busy. Heavy workloads with variety which helped make the workday pass very quickly. We were encouraged to attend classes to improve our skills. I learned a great deal about the field of Healthcare and met some amazing clinicians and managers. Some of the management staff were difficult to work with. Toward the end of my tenure, there was a push to eliminate staff and consolidate positions, i.e., doing more with less people. The culture was, on a whole, a very warm and welcoming one. There was a general sharing of knowledge. If you needed help with a software or other issue there were managers or staff who would be eager to help. The hardest part of my job was dealing with some of the more difficult managers, however, I was successful in being able to find common ground with them. I would say the most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked closely with. I loved lunchtime when we would gather together to share a meal and great conversation. I am friends with many of them still.
Pros
Excellent vacation, personal time and sick time
Amazing Hospital Amazing place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJune 27, 2018
At Middlesex hospital you're treated with respect by peers and superiors. The hospital is interested in the well being of not only its patients but it's staff as well ! Loved working in the hospital in various departments but the OR was my favorite !!
great learning
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJune 17, 2018
I learned a lot working at MSH especially being in the float pool. I had to learn about each individual unit and how different staff members work on each unit. I had to be flexible and ready to go to another unit at change of shift.
better than average place to work
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTJune 13, 2018
Overall, it is a better than average place to work. It could be one of the best if they put a little bit of effort into positive changes to promote employee job satisfaction/well-being.
Pros
small hospital, relatively close-knit community.
Cons
understaffed, overworked. budget cut decisions effected staff moral directly, interest in employee well-being and investing in change for that is moderate at best.
n/a
Assist medical staff (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTMay 9, 2018
I left Middlesex Hospital for a better opportunity and the work hours were better for my work life balance. The staff was friendly and facilities were nice.
Great Place to work
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTApril 16, 2018
Staff at Middlesex Hospital are friendly and helpful. Department leads are active in daily work schedule. Supervisors try to help rather than hinder you.Its a fast-paced place but team effort is evident.
Pros
Great people, friendly, caring
Cons
Commute
good place to work
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTApril 4, 2018
The hospital has a small town feel to it loved by patients and staff. Staff is very friendly no matter what department and it is very welcoming to new people.
Pros
free parking for employees
I would 8/9 times recommend working here
Sitter/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTMarch 27, 2018
Typical day consisted of the same daily routine however the people you work with generally speaking are always smiling and fairly easy to get along with. Its not a place you'll want to leave if the pay you are receiving is adequate.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Same day to day activities
Very Nice
Hospital Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Essex, CTMarch 26, 2018
Middlesex Hospital Shoreline Medical Center was very nice, I was there for over 10 years, I did like it very much. I felt as if I needed a Monday thru Friday employment at that time in my life
Pros
Nice people, good work ethics
Cons
I did not like working every weekend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Middlesex Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight