Middlesex Savings Bank Employee Reviews

interesting place to work
Information Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAMarch 17, 2019
Interesting place to work
Not your typical work environment...unique
typical day at work is busy
learned abt finance
hardest part and most enjoyable part of the job
Friendly staff, inexperienced management
Online Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAJanuary 14, 2019
Staff is extremely friendly and the organization is very involved with the community. However:

Management in many departments and branches are very inexperienced and seemingly absent for most of the day.

Staffing and scheduling was a nightmare. Key departments are almost always understaffed which makes it near impossible to get accurate and timely information especially if you have a customer sitting in front of you or waiting on the phone.
The constant understaffing also proved very difficult when attempting to plan a vacation or any time off.

Communication within the organization is also poor. If there are any changes in policies or procedures there is a large gap in time between the implementation and it being communicated accurately to the appropriate department(s).
Pros
Good benefits, friendly staff
Cons
Inexperienced management
Very Community Oriented
Loan Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Natick, MASeptember 22, 2018
Pleasant work environment with accessible Management. Learned much about the business through available online courses and many training opportunities.
Great Place to Work
VP, Information Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAAugust 5, 2018
Opinions are respected, people are great, lots of room for advancement and career growth, teamwork, and if you want to work on a new project they are willing to let you step out of your comfort zone to try it!
Pros
Easy to get to work
Cons
Change management can be slow
No work/personal life balance
Costumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAJuly 24, 2018
It feels like you always have to drop everything to be there when they need you. Constantly have to work overtime because of short staff. You have to be on call some Saturdays but you do not get pay to be on call. Definitely need to review the breaks police. Specially in the call center. No sick time for the first 3 months.
Pros
Pay well
Cons
Expensive health insurannce, short breaks, short staff, no work/personal life balance.
Great culture and people
Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southborough, MAJuly 2, 2018
Working for Middlesex Savings Bank was one of the best experiences I have had in a job.
You learn a lot of useful skills in customer service, cash handling, and especially banking. My time there strengthened my abilities significantly and I met some great people along the way
Relaxed environment and good management
Teller (Former Employee) –  Millis, MAMay 29, 2018
Days are pretty relaxing and not too busy. Mamangement is always very friendly and helpful. Would recommend for young adults or adults looking for part time work.
Great envirnoment
Item Processing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAMay 8, 2018
the environment on of Middlesex Savings is the standard every workplace should strive to succeed. Managers are more concerned with assisting workers with their understanding of how work should be done and are very aware of when employees have something more going on and work toward assisting them. The caring culture of Middlesex is a good mix with their goal of creating an environment for employees to work hard toward completing their assignments. I would highly recommend them to anyone in the banking industry.
Pros
Great working environment, profit sharing, approachable management
Great work environment with modest career advancement opportunities
Teller (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAApril 25, 2018
Hardest part of the job is the variety of knowledge needed to perform duties well. Management trains their employees very well to succeed at the bank.
Friendly Atmosphere
Information Security Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAMarch 12, 2018
Typical back office environment; however, the office space isn't too big and you generally get to know most of the people in the building. The company works to keep employees happy, with social gatherings, good benefits, and friendly coworkers.

The work schedule is pretty rigid; however, there is flexibility for doctors' appointments, etc... As a bank, it is also pretty conservative; however, it has relaxed to some degree.
Pros
Good benefits, friendly atmosphere, stable company
Cons
Not much room for advancement, changes are slow
Relationship building environment
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAFebruary 22, 2018
I recommend this bank for anyone who is looking to start a career or advance in the banking industry.
It's a place where you can build relationships with the clientele and colleagues. They have reasonable hours and value their employees.
Review Summary
Teller (Former Employee) –  Natick, MA 01760January 25, 2018
Management was great. Learned a lot about banking. Up-beat work environment. Great company party. Hardest part of job is dealing with a customer that is upset.
Pros
I don't Know
Cons
I don't know
Inconsistent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MASeptember 14, 2017
Some areas of the bank I hear are great to work for but not the call center.
Differently policies regarding vacation, tim off, overtime etc.
Could never plan vacations because you didn't know if you would get the time off, so you couldn't book flights, hotels etc.
Call center people were treated differently than other areas of the bank
Welcoming Work Environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAMay 5, 2017
The bank is staffed with fantastic individuals who are all dedicated to their clients and the bank as a whole. I would recommend other banks take a look at their style and attempt to emulate that because you will be hard pressed to find another bank as good to its employees.
Productive and a fun place to work. Everyone is nice.
Commercial Loan Servicing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAMarch 24, 2017
Middlesex Savings Bank is a great place to work. The atmosphere is terrific and there's always room to grow. The con is that AVP does not listen to me or believes what I say. It's a downer.
Pros
Benefits and Pension
Cons
Salary could be more
Job Description
Customer Service Representative for Online Banking (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAMarch 23, 2017
A typical day of work would be dealing with various customer complaints, customer computer issues, internal computer issues, system software issues and any all technical issues having to do with Online banking and its components. I also worked closely with management on products and various other projects throughout my time at Middlesex Savings Bank
Pros
Great medical and dental
Cons
not enough support from managment
Very professiona;
Customer Service Teller (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAMarch 1, 2017
I was a part time tellr and I would recommand this job to anyone. It is a very respecful envioronment and well paid salary. They understand mother's hour and school schedule.
Pros
Private car is needed for transportation
Fantastic bank to work with
Item Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Natick, MADecember 3, 2016
Middlesex Savings Bank has been a family bank since the beginning, and I was very delighted to have the opportunity to work in the item processing department. I worked at night so that I could be a stay-at-home mom while my son was younger. The company was very flexible and understanding.
Banking hours, judgmental environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Groton, MANovember 8, 2016
I enjoyed learning how to operate banking systems. The people in the bank were nice enough but they all judged me for not being republican CONSISTENTLY. They said a lot of sexist and racist things as well. The customers are also not very different in their beliefs because the bank was in a more affluent area.
Pros
Lots of free time, good hours
Cons
Judgmental customers and staff
I am the best what I do
Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYSeptember 8, 2016
It is great bank to work for . Staffs are really professional and knowledgeable . It has good benefit package and work and life balance is awesome. Proud to be a middlesex Bank employees.