Middletown Nissan Employee Reviews

Busy
BDC Agent (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTMay 21, 2019
Very nice dealership that has a lot of emplyees at, customers tend to be angry because you have to lie to them to get them into the door, fun people that work there
Pros
busy/ commision
Cons
bad management
Fun Work Place
Porter/Driver (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTDecember 12, 2018
A great place to work, I enjoyed speaking with customers and ensuring they had everything that they needed. I appreciate the staff as they were really friendly.
Tiny office with phones ringing all day. Can be fun at times but most of the time you need to be calling people, and they track your tasks.
Business Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTOctober 19, 2018
Middletown Nissan was a good experience and it helped me have a better resume and created new opportunities for me. It was a competitive company to work in and it was stressful. You get 11.5 hourly plus commission so it’s very iffy.
Beware
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTSeptember 26, 2018
I worked in the bdc dept. Manager was a joke, made work so toxic & unbearable. No wonder there’s such a high turn over rate. Horrible work environment
Cons
Salary, management, work environment, etc
Difficult job to work at felt underpaid for services
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTSeptember 2, 2018
It was an experience that was pleasant in the beginning. But in the end it was cold and unpleasant. I felt the Gm showed no concern about his work staff. Mistreated and underappreciated
Pros
Strong customer base
Cons
Felt cheated in pau.
Not the only dealership around
Internet sales (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutApril 16, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend this specific car dealership to work at. The manager in sales is really impatient in teaching new hires who have no experience, fires people so fast I’ve never seen so many people come in and out of a place. They put you in situations with customers and drama is a big thing in there. Try a different dealership you’ll get more respect and probably enjoy your job a lot more than working at Middletown Nissan.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Impatient, drama, no sense of security of your position.
Not a bad place to start
DMV Clerk (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTMarch 11, 2018
It is a car dealership, so depending on what position you hold depends on how you get paid and your roll in the company. Sales positions are very competitive, office staff is pretty much what you would expect.
Pros
free lunch on weekends
Cons
work holidays
Tough but okay
Cashier/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTMarch 9, 2018
A typical day can be fairly busy with customers and phone calls. There's almost always work to be done. For the most part it really isn't a bad place. But th upset customers, the gossip/drama, being low down on the corporate totem pole, it all just kinda wears you down. Some people only last a couple months, others a couple years, but eventually you just get tired and want something new.
Horrible place
BDC Agent (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTNovember 17, 2017
The management is unprofessional. They will talk badly about any customer. The BDC department is a joke as well as the manager. They fire most people before their 90 days are up to avoid the promised raise you were going to receive. They lie to every customer purposely telling them that vehicles are still there when they are not just to get them in. It’s a toxic work environment.
Pros
Certain coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Terrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTAugust 2, 2017
Managers are unprofessional and aloof. They take advantage of hardworking young professionals who are more than capable of good performance. Their sales model is outdated and dubious. Lots of cold calling and alienating customers by pressuring them into deals they don't want or need. Based on how they treat their employees, they do not seem to value the excellence of their employees or even their company. They only care about crunching numbers.

Glad I'm in insurance sales now instead of this. I like feeling like my skills are valuable and like I'm helping people, which I didn't feel one bit working at Middletown Nissan.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional environment, emotionally manipulative supervisors, long hours for little pay, very little room for advancement.
Turbulent culture
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYMarch 7, 2017
Very little respect given to employees, managers. Ownership frequently abusive. Owner does not give managers freedom to do their job. Does not appreciate outstanding results
Fast paced learning environment.
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTFebruary 27, 2017
Built in training at this fast paced business. Always something new and interesting. Great support system! I cannot say enough about how great the sales staff is as well.
I loved my job left because moved to FL
Controller (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTMarch 17, 2016
My day was extremely busy and hectic every day.I love to be busy and I love the car business because every day is different. When the end of the month comes together it is very gratifying.
Enjoyable place to work!!
Swap Driver (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTJanuary 23, 2016
I enjoyed helping the company grow and meeting people/customers along the way. I enjoyed working with my coworkers who have become new friends.
Awesome dealership
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTDecember 17, 2014
I enjoyed my time working for Middletown Nissan, they where a great crew. I no longer live in the area so it would be hard to work there, but they are a honest bunch and treat their customers right
Terrible introduction to selling cars, if you like High School BS, you may find it enjoyable..........
CERTIFIED SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Middletown CTJune 7, 2014
Horrible work atmosphere, management is less than Human. if you like to hear or participate in gender/age harassment, racial slurs, competition against a managed "house" staff which you cannot win, this might be the place for you. I would like to add that my employment there proved to me that car sales people are shady and out to get as much as they can period.
Pros
Cons
70+ hour work week, terribly managed by kids.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Route 17m Hampton, middletown, NY 10940January 8, 2013
The job itself is fun, however the management including the owner, can not be trusted. The owner will talk down to you and expect you to accept it. The General Manager at times will disrespect his employees as well as the assistant manager. There are not up front with you and if you stand up for yourself you will be let go.
Pros
that you can work as hard as you want in order to make money.
Cons
dealing with management.