MiddleTown Property Group

Working at MiddleTown Property Group: 27 Reviews

United States27 reviews

employeecompanymanagementworkgreatjobdayenjoy

Taken advantage of.

Employees are expected to go above and beyond for the company’s sake but when it’s time for reviews and raises those same hard working employees are just shoved to the back burner. Received a promotion but was NOT compensated for it.

Pros

Plenty of hours to be worked.

Cons

Unappreciated and taken advantage of.

Middletown Property Group-Muncie

This company is horrible they have their employees lie to tenants. They make up reasons to keep security deposit and do not fix the properties up at all.

Pros

Cons

everything

MiddleTown Property Group insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Inclusive work environment

Terrible place to work

If I could rate it zero stars I would. Terrible management. Terrible owners. They treat employees like they are nothing. They treat tenants even worse. They do not care about tenants needs whatsoever ever and laugh when they need work done

Pros

Nothing at all

Cons

Everything possible

Very difficult to work for

I worked for this company for two years. In the beginning it was okay but then they started growing faster than they could keep up employee wise. They expect everyone to do multiple peoples jobs instead of hiring more to ease the load. I suggest not agreeing to be salary. They work you over 40 hours a week and it is impossible to use the PTO time they give. They talk about the employees and owners behind their backs. They see you as nothing more than a drone and not as an actual human being. It's mostly about the all mighty dollar for the owners. They are never satisfied with anyone's job performance.

Misguided management

Lack of values and honesty. Upper management does not value the younger employees view points, and talks down to employees daily. Management is known for expecting robotic behaviors and feelings to be left at the door.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Management, structure

Super awesome

Please join. You will not regret it! Ive loved it SO much!!! They are so so so kind and supportive and I have grown as a person and an employee since I have been here.

Full of possibilities!

A dynamic growing company that really truly values employees contributions. The days fly by, fast paced office - it can be stressful but the level of team work and dedication is incredible, something I’ve never experienced, ending those crazy days with a real sense of accomplishment. Management asks for ideas, recognizes contributions and employees are rewarded. There is no ceiling on the room for advancement. I’m excited watching where MiddleTown is going, and I’m going along for the ride!

Pros

Every employee is valued. Great work environment

Cons

High stress due to growth.

Fast Pace, Always Picking up new skills

Always expanding company. Advancement available for those willing to work for it. Always willing to listen and adapt procedure to better the whole. Very open to input. Upper management always available when needed. Unique property management structure that will change the game. No tolerance for those who aren't willing to do their part.

Making a Difference

Since starting at Middletown Property Group in September 2021 we have doubled in the amount of units managed. The amount of support received by upper management in this transition period is incredible!

Amazing company & work environment

There are so many reasons to love working here! Family owned & operated, focused on improving our city & our company, advancement opportunities within the company, phenomenal benefits, flexible schedules & work life balance

Very degrading demanding and stressful

Unfortunately due to being ill for the second time(with covid), I was fired without chance of being rehired. Was basically told I was a waste of space by hr. My immediate manager was amazing. Tenants can be rough to work with. The lack of training as well......

Great place to work. I actually love my job

I would highly recommend apply for and working for this company. Great jobs, fair wages, great work environment. Treat their employees well. Firm but fair.

Great teamwork culture

I really enjoy working here, and love the helpful culture of all t he employees. There's always room for growth and opportunity! They are constantly looking for ways to better their staff and move them into positions where they can succeed.

Pros

Great PTO and Insurance options. Free food, and fun functions periodically. Wonderful Christmas parties that are lots of fun!

Cons

Can be stressful work

A great company positioned for growth!

This is a great company to work for! This company is positioned for growth — with this comes a lot of opportunity for individual growth. Positive attitudes - a great culture. You will LOVE joining the MiddleTown Family!

Full of possibilities!

Pros

Every employee is valued. Great work environment

Cons

High stress due to growth.

This company falls short on so many levels

As a previous employee of this company ive noticed,This company tries so hard to make its employees follow strict policies, while management themselves do not. They steal overtime hours worked, and make it impossible to prove you even worked, they will put you down consistently instead of building you up, because they know if they told you how much they really felt you were worth you would leave, and go somewhere else. They require you to report to the office for work meetings( because they want to know how jobs are coming along), but refuse to pay for time spent in such work meetings. Overall, I enjoyed my time spent at this company because I got to do the type of work I'm passionate about, but they will never acknowledge, properly compensate, or even respect the hardworking individual. Plain and simple.

Pros

All the overtime you could ever ask for, your own company vehicle( you can't take home), offers great medical benifits

Cons

the workload to employee ratio is way off, management is not understanding of anything, they will directly insult you almost daily (this applies to everyone), they refuse to properly maintain vehicles, causing unsafe work environment, they won't pay you for time spent in meetings

Everyone is friendly and helpful. Management is always available to answer questions or help out.

I really enjoy my job. I am paid well and the managers are so helpful and friendly. There are stressful days but it is a fun atmosphere. Management will take time to talk and answer questions. If there are issues they will take the call themselves. I’ve read the other reviews and I think these must be disgruntled employees. If you do your job and strive to improve it is an awesome place to work.

Pros

Paid well. Family work balance is good

Cons

Stressful at times. Tenants yell at you.

A lot of growth potential

Work environment was a little stressful, especially with the pandemic arising. A lot of pressure from higher ups which honestly wasn’t good from a sales point of view.

High Stress, High Reward

This job is definitely one for people with thick skin. There are some tough days because there are high expectations, but overall, I enjoyed working there. As long as you work hard, you will be rewarded. There is often some frustration with the company for tenants because it is a third party- so we don't get to make all the decisions. So that can be difficult. The company does have a bad rep. But they are growing FAST as a company, so there are still some growing pains. Regardless of the growing pains, I feel like management does try to hear everyone out and make changes. I always felt heard and often had my ideas implemented. Some ideas were not utilized, but overall, I still felt heard. My favorite thing about the company is the employees. I had the BEST coworkers who were so supportive- still are! I genuinely enjoyed my time at the company.

Pros

Competitive, supportive

Cons

poor work / life balance

Not worth it

I found that these people lie to employees and tenants. They charge for so much in the leases like fixing and cleaning but nobody really does that kind of work, even if I asked to do it I wasn’t allowed. Then they curse at you and criticize when the tenants complain about things not done correctly. Meanwhile we barely make minimum wage and all those fees they collected from tenants to get those issues taken care of, they just keep the cash for themselves and nothing gets done and we get the short end of the stock. Definitely not worth it. If you have any dignity, don’t work here

Horrible Company To Work For

I was employed at this company for a while. The leasing manager talks to you like you’re trash, they under pay you, when you find another job doing something better they do not congratulate you they refuse to give you your last paycheck. They do not care about any family issues that come about, they do not care about you. What’s crazy is, even before they held my paycheck I realized that they are the way they are and got out of there as fast as possible. I feel bad for anyone putting themselves through this with this company. I’ve watched the CEO yell at the top of his lungs at his staff & the leasing manager as well. I could go deeper into detail, but even if you just need something temporary it’s not worth it. We are all more than just a job, and deserve to be treated as such

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MiddleTown Property Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits