MidFirst Bank Employee Reviews

Strong Ethical company
Retail Banking Supervisor/ Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKMarch 11, 2019
Midfirst has very strong Ethical core values that they follow. They are technology wise still lacking and is behind. You have several Opportunity to grow within the company for carrier advancement.
Great
CASHIER, MIDLAND MORTGAGE A DIVISION (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 4, 2019
Enjoyed my 4 years with Midland. They provide great training, and plenty of room to advance in the company. Management always did a good job splitting up work to ensure a good work/life balance.
Will not succeed if you are honest
Assistant Banking Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 17, 2019
Pay is fair, benefits are decent, preaches a culture of honesty and transparency, do what is right for the customer. completely not true, bottom line is numbers and dollars. at least in the tulsa market
Assistant Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, OK 74804January 21, 2019
MidFirst was rated 1st in customer service by JD Power. It is one of the largest privately owned banks in the United States. MidFirst prides itself in great customer service and great products.
Overall Good
Financial Education Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 13, 2019
The benefits are good and affordable. The MidFirst health clinic is wonderful. I think in most positions there is room for advancement, but in my area of specialty it's limited.
Awesome place to work
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 28, 2018
I regret leaving this career all the time. I loved working here so much but left to pursue school. It was a great balance for home and life. It was a competitive environment but still held a family like quality. The hardest part of being a teller was generating referrals but it wasn't impossible. The best part of working there was learning all the ins and outs of banking and meeting with clients.
Great place to learn entry skills for mortgages
Mortgage (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 3, 2018
Great place to learn skills and information about mortgages, whether it's collections, customer service, or loan origination. Good management, great benefits.
Great hours and thorough training programs
Teller Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 7, 2018
MidFirst is great, they have great hours that worked well with my school schedule through college. They have great training programs where they teach you just about everything you may need to know and they create a welcoming environment for customers. They do everything that they can to provide the best customer service. I frequently feel overwhelmed there and standing all day is exhausting. The sales goals are high and you are required to make them every month which can add to the stress of the fast paced job but you get incentives for making your goals.
Pros
Bankers hours, good at working around school hours, great for a part time job.
Cons
Too stressful, long hours of standing makes it physically demanding, and the sales goals are aggressive.
Immature
Employee (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 25, 2018
This is not a place for experienced, professional adults. The atmosphere and culture are childish and immature. Most departments are headed by millennials that don't have a clue about life in the real world. They do not understand how their decisions effect the lives of others. Would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.
I can't wait to go back
Teller (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 23, 2018
The company is great!
The culture is great!
Everyone looks out for you and wants the best for you.
It's like having a second family, it's like having the family you get to pick.
Good strating job
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZJuly 3, 2018
Good starting place for getting into the financial jobs. must like talking to people and be able to sale products. Small bank and you get to know your customers on a personal level to help meet their needs.
Im still work at midfirst bank
Servicing Associate II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 20, 2018
I'm trying to relocate. We want to move back to Louisiana. That is where I was born and raised in Louisiana. If I was not relocating I would retire at midfirst bank they train you in different jobs so you never have nothing to do and you experience new task they have monthly meeting to help keep you informed. They do there best and are a great company.
Pros
Team work
Tough but rewarding
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 18, 2018
Midfirst rewards employees for their hard work. However, the work is actually pretty demanding. It's a career if you work hard at it. I will miss my coworkers.
Good bank to work for
Assistant Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 17, 2018
I would recommend MidFirst bank. There is always open and honest communication. Compensation is above average. Lots of opportunities to grow in the company.
Strong, conservatively led company
Business Continuity Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 22, 2018
Other than needing to relocate, I would not leave this position. I have an excellent supervisor who truly supports my needs as an employee and as a family man.

The supporting management structure works well together to attain company goals.
Pros
Campus culture with restaurants on site.
Cons
N/a
great relationships with clients
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 2, 2018
It was a good place to work but schedules were all over the place. One evening you are closing the bank and going home at 8pm, the next day you are opening the branch at 7am. A few days in a row for a few weeks and it feels like you don't get a day off or enough down time to rest. The rotations seemed random. I would not mind a starting shift for half the month and a closing shift for the other half, but it made everything chaotic when it comes to having a family to do both several times per week.
Pros
My boss was a good leader
Cons
micromanagement
banking
Banker (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 20, 2018
This place is okay to work. Some times people who are qualified are overlooked and it is a popularity contest. They have good benefits. Just need a change.
"OK" Place to work
MidFirst Bank (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 20, 2018
MFB is a great place to work. At the branch they offer competitive bonuses and incentives for effort. The sales goals are stressful, and at times can seem extreme.
Pros
Good Incentives
Cons
Highly sales oriented
Values employee retention
Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 22, 2018
MFB values their employees. Offers great benefits including an employee health clinic. They also believe in exceptional customer service and strive to achieve this on a daily basis.
Fun place to work
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 19, 2018
Love working here. One of the best places I have worked in my whole life. Everybody is really friendly and wants to see people succeed with their careers.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
As a temp, we don't get paid hollidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MidFirst Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight