MidFirst Bank Employee Reviews

I can't wait to go back
Teller (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 23, 2018
The company is great!
The culture is great!
Everyone looks out for you and wants the best for you.
It's like having a second family, it's like having the family you get to pick.
Im still work at midfirst bank
Servicing Associate II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 20, 2018
I'm trying to relocate. We want to move back to Louisiana. That is where I was born and raised in Louisiana. If I was not relocating I would retire at midfirst bank they train you in different jobs so you never have nothing to do and you experience new task they have monthly meeting to help keep you informed. They do there best and are a great company.
Pros
Team work
Tough but rewarding
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 18, 2018
Midfirst rewards employees for their hard work. However, the work is actually pretty demanding. It's a career if you work hard at it. I will miss my coworkers.
Good bank to work for
Assistant Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 17, 2018
I would recommend MidFirst bank. There is always open and honest communication. Compensation is above average. Lots of opportunities to grow in the company.
Strong, conservatively led company
Business Continuity Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 22, 2018
Other than needing to relocate, I would not leave this position. I have an excellent supervisor who truly supports my needs as an employee and as a family man.

The supporting management structure works well together to attain company goals.
Pros
Campus culture with restaurants on site.
Cons
N/a
great relationships with clients
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 2, 2018
It was a good place to work but schedules were all over the place. One evening you are closing the bank and going home at 8pm, the next day you are opening the branch at 7am. A few days in a row for a few weeks and it feels like you don't get a day off or enough down time to rest. The rotations seemed random. I would not mind a starting shift for half the month and a closing shift for the other half, but it made everything chaotic when it comes to having a family to do both several times per week.
Pros
My boss was a good leader
Cons
micromanagement
banking
Banker (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 20, 2018
This place is okay to work. Some times people who are qualified are overlooked and it is a popularity contest. They have good benefits. Just need a change.
"OK" Place to work
MidFirst Bank (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 20, 2018
MFB is a great place to work. At the branch they offer competitive bonuses and incentives for effort. The sales goals are stressful, and at times can seem extreme.
Pros
Good Incentives
Cons
Highly sales oriented
Values employee retention
Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 22, 2018
MFB values their employees. Offers great benefits including an employee health clinic. They also believe in exceptional customer service and strive to achieve this on a daily basis.
Fun place to work
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 19, 2018
Love working here. One of the best places I have worked in my whole life. Everybody is really friendly and wants to see people succeed with their careers.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
As a temp, we don't get paid hollidays
Excellent Benefits
Assistant Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 3, 2018
Working here is a great experience that I would recommend, they are individually based off your own performance which means the sky is the limit on bonuses and advancement opportunity. The best part of the job is how involved everyone is with ensuring the other person succeeds.
Good Experience
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Edmond,OkJanuary 30, 2018
I experienced a handful of different aspects of the job. Confidentially to camaraderie to understanding due diligence of my work. I would recommend this job to many.
Great company, takes care of employees
Lead Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2018
After one year i got a $1200 bonus. ONE YEAR. Awesome health insurance and dental benefits, 401K. A lot of opportunity for growth with this company. Highly recommend.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
short breaks, long hours, no holiday closures
Great Place to Work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 22, 2018
The people at MidFirst are amazing and the are flexible with work hours. Salaries are extremely competitive and they have numerous employees that have been there 20 of more years
It was the best place ever
Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 18, 2018
Work-Life Balance is something you determine with your manager

"Flexible hours and the option to sometimes work from home help contribute to a good work/life balance
Pros
you get back what you put in
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work with ample opportunity for advancement
Bank Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 17, 2018
While working at Midfirst Bank, I worked in two separate departments. When the first one basically had gotten me as far as they could, they suggested me to another department where I stayed for an additional 3-4 years. While it was a strict place to work, it was also a fun place too.
Competitive environment
Teller Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 14, 2018
There are many opportunities for career advancement. A typical day on the job is very fast paced; the environment is also extremely competitive depending on how motivated your branch is. The management in my particular branch was non existent. I was the teller supervisor and we had no assistant manager and the manager officed elsewhere; therefore, the majority of branch duties fell upon myself. There was also no banker until the last two months of my employment there, causing me to take on many duties that were not in my job description, nor was I compensated for. Due to these circumstances, I was able to learn quite a lot and in different areas of management. I enjoyed the competitive environment and recognition for excelling both personally and for my branch.
Pros
Many opportunities for career advancement
Cons
Lack of excellent management and guidance.
Technical automation discouraged
Trust Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 6, 2018
When data can use SQL with VBA to program Excel with automation, they prefer manual typing.
The pay is low, not for programmers. The schedule is always behind. The motivation is clerks working harder and without breaks.
They look for accounting with database instead of database and programming to automate routine accounting tasks.
Pros
Checks clear
Cons
Old fashioned management
Good overall.
Teller 2 (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 26, 2017
Just not a fan of advancement rate and direct management. Things are not regulated by anyone and are not equal for all employees. Not a fan of the competitive cut throat way to get bonus pay.
Enjoyable work oportunities
Delinquency Associate II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 20, 2017
Typical Day - I have tasks that must be completed on daily, weekly, and monthly time frames. I have the freedom and self discipline to manage my desk as best I see fit to complete my deadlines.

I have learned organizational and communication skills to benefit day to day productivity.

I have multiple managers for different tasks. Some are better than others but none that I dislike. I am easy to get along and work with as long as there is mutual respect.

I enjoy the office as there have been times to converse and enjoy each others company

Hardest part of my job is the deadlines. I often surprise myself with the amount of work completed given the timelines provided.

The Most enjoyable part of my job is I take none of it home. Its a fast pace environment in the office and can be stressful at times. But its nothing I have to think about when I leave for the day. Its challenging while at work but not when I'm home with my family.
Pros
Some flex time is given to allow me to come in and leave early
Cons
Monotonous at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MidFirst Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight