MidFirst Bank Employee Reviews

Great hours and thorough training programs
Teller Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 7, 2018
MidFirst is great, they have great hours that worked well with my school schedule through college. They have great training programs where they teach you just about everything you may need to know and they create a welcoming environment for customers. They do everything that they can to provide the best customer service. I frequently feel overwhelmed there and standing all day is exhausting. The sales goals are high and you are required to make them every month which can add to the stress of the fast paced job but you get incentives for making your goals.
Pros
Bankers hours, good at working around school hours, great for a part time job.
Cons
Too stressful, long hours of standing makes it physically demanding, and the sales goals are aggressive.
Immature
Employee (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 25, 2018
This is not a place for experienced, professional adults. The atmosphere and culture are childish and immature. Most departments are headed by millennials that don't have a clue about life in the real world. They do not understand how their decisions effect the lives of others. Would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.
Im still work at midfirst bank
Servicing Associate II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 20, 2018
I'm trying to relocate. We want to move back to Louisiana. That is where I was born and raised in Louisiana. If I was not relocating I would retire at midfirst bank they train you in different jobs so you never have nothing to do and you experience new task they have monthly meeting to help keep you informed. They do there best and are a great company.
Pros
Team work
great relationships with clients
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 2, 2018
It was a good place to work but schedules were all over the place. One evening you are closing the bank and going home at 8pm, the next day you are opening the branch at 7am. A few days in a row for a few weeks and it feels like you don't get a day off or enough down time to rest. The rotations seemed random. I would not mind a starting shift for half the month and a closing shift for the other half, but it made everything chaotic when it comes to having a family to do both several times per week.
Pros
My boss was a good leader
Cons
micromanagement
Strong, conservatively led company
Business Continuity Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 22, 2018
Other than needing to relocate, I would not leave this position. I have an excellent supervisor who truly supports my needs as an employee and as a family man.

The supporting management structure works well together to attain company goals.
Pros
Campus culture with restaurants on site.
Cons
N/a
Good strating job
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZJuly 3, 2018
Good starting place for getting into the financial jobs. must like talking to people and be able to sale products. Small bank and you get to know your customers on a personal level to help meet their needs.
I can't wait to go back
Teller (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 23, 2018
The company is great!
The culture is great!
Everyone looks out for you and wants the best for you.
It's like having a second family, it's like having the family you get to pick.
Tough but rewarding
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 18, 2018
Midfirst rewards employees for their hard work. However, the work is actually pretty demanding. It's a career if you work hard at it. I will miss my coworkers.
Good bank to work for
Assistant Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 17, 2018
I would recommend MidFirst bank. There is always open and honest communication. Compensation is above average. Lots of opportunities to grow in the company.
Technical automation discouraged
Trust Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 6, 2018
When data can use SQL with VBA to program Excel with automation, they prefer manual typing.
The pay is low, not for programmers. The schedule is always behind. The motivation is clerks working harder and without breaks.
They look for accounting with database instead of database and programming to automate routine accounting tasks.
Pros
Checks clear
Cons
Old fashioned management
Excellent Benefits
Assistant Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 3, 2018
Working here is a great experience that I would recommend, they are individually based off your own performance which means the sky is the limit on bonuses and advancement opportunity. The best part of the job is how involved everyone is with ensuring the other person succeeds.
Great place to work with ample opportunity for advancement
Bank Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 17, 2018
While working at Midfirst Bank, I worked in two separate departments. When the first one basically had gotten me as far as they could, they suggested me to another department where I stayed for an additional 3-4 years. While it was a strict place to work, it was also a fun place too.
Competitive environment
Teller Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 14, 2018
There are many opportunities for career advancement. A typical day on the job is very fast paced; the environment is also extremely competitive depending on how motivated your branch is. The management in my particular branch was non existent. I was the teller supervisor and we had no assistant manager and the manager officed elsewhere; therefore, the majority of branch duties fell upon myself. There was also no banker until the last two months of my employment there, causing me to take on many duties that were not in my job description, nor was I compensated for. Due to these circumstances, I was able to learn quite a lot and in different areas of management. I enjoyed the competitive environment and recognition for excelling both personally and for my branch.
Pros
Many opportunities for career advancement
Cons
Lack of excellent management and guidance.
High intensity, deadline oriented, but fun and collaborative
Supervisor I (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 17, 2017
MidFirst Bank is a great place to work. The management group is always supportive and sets a positive example. The culture of MidFirst is that of inclusion and teaching. I could not have asked for a better place to launch my career. I have been given opportunities to excel and grow.
Pros
Great team environment, goal oriented.
Cons
Highly regulated due to banking industry
"OK" Place to work
MidFirst Bank (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 20, 2018
MFB is a great place to work. At the branch they offer competitive bonuses and incentives for effort. The sales goals are stressful, and at times can seem extreme.
Pros
Good Incentives
Cons
Highly sales oriented
Fun place to work
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 19, 2018
Love working here. One of the best places I have worked in my whole life. Everybody is really friendly and wants to see people succeed with their careers.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
As a temp, we don't get paid hollidays
Demanding workplace with emphasis on sales
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZNovember 22, 2017
The workplace tends to be unprofessional and has a lack of management. The company itself is growing and expanding. Corporate MidFirst is excelling and I'm sure has more benefits than the average job at the banking center. The most difficult aspect was the workplace culture. The coworkers function with little accuracy. Job emphasizes sales, and meeting goals is necessary.
Pros
Growing company, One year bonus and Three year bonus is great.
Cons
High employee turnover
Values employee retention
Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 22, 2018
MFB values their employees. Offers great benefits including an employee health clinic. They also believe in exceptional customer service and strive to achieve this on a daily basis.
Great company, takes care of employees
Lead Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2018
After one year i got a $1200 bonus. ONE YEAR. Awesome health insurance and dental benefits, 401K. A lot of opportunity for growth with this company. Highly recommend.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
short breaks, long hours, no holiday closures
banking
Banker (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 20, 2018
This place is okay to work. Some times people who are qualified are overlooked and it is a popularity contest. They have good benefits. Just need a change.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MidFirst Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight