MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Employee Reviews

Very Stressful environment!
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLApril 2, 2018
If you like that constant ever changing, never knowing what to expect from day to day, then this is the place for you!
Salary not commensurate with experience for the type of work performed.
No flexibility in hours.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Maybe no breaks on busy days long hours
great company
Teller (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLMarch 7, 2018
great place to work for. the co-workers become like family. they have a lot of ways to make money and move up in the company. enjoyed meeting new people.
Pros
lots of out of work activities
Cons
short breaks
good for starter job
Assistant Teller Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 31, 2018
good for a starter job, not big enough for long term. hard to move up unless you know someone. workplace environment can be difficult to handle at times mentally.
productive friendly, always goes above and beyond for memebers
MSR (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 11, 2018
High volume of members all day, large transactions, vault teller, supply orders, answering phones, account research, helping members in any way possible, training and helping other employees, meeting goals every quarter and everything I know now about the finance world I learned from working at Midflorida CU
Stressful
Teller (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 29, 2017
Put a lot of responsibility on it's employees and keeps reducing our incentive referral payout and check holds. I enjoy the working with the employees, but there is a lot of drama. I like being a teller, but it has changed a lot. I love the interaction with our members. I don't feel like management likes to hear the cons with our jobs, only the pros.
Pros
Benefits are good, but insurance premium has gone up drastically in the last year and this year
Cons
Not scheduled hours, and more demanding on referrals
fun
Teller (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLAugust 17, 2017
I enjoyed working for Midflorida. They had sales rallys for the employees every quarter, made everyone feel welcomed and comfortable. Bonus every quarter if you made your sales.
Very Stressful and Unorganized
Teller (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLJuly 13, 2017
Very stressful and unorganized environment. I worked at a bank that was understaffed and had a high volume. It was not a pleasant experience and I dreaded going to work everyday.
Enviorment
TELLER/TELLER ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Bay Pines, FLJune 29, 2017
MidFlorida is not a bad place to work, everyone from your area branch manger and all the way up to the CEO are overly welcoming to everyone new to the company, and extremely nice. Everyone is extremely patient when comes to training. There nothing really bad to say about the company, other than that some locations may be a little busier than other locations.
Great culture but the hours change often. No saturdays off
Peak-Time Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 23, 2017
I really enjoy working at MidFlorida. The culture and the people there are extremely helpful and welcoming. . The only thing I can complain about is that scheduling is done on a week by week basis, where you receive the schedule the Wednesday or Thursday before. Also, you work every Saturday.
Good work environment
Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 26, 2017
Management considers work life balance - very supportive
Salary plus commission
Not very good benefits
Good peer relationships
Small advancement potential
Enjoyable place to work
Peak Time Teller (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 16, 2017
The management is great and they are always there to help. There are many ways to move up in the company and they encourage you to further your knowledge.
Great employer to work for with room to increase knowledge
Teller Manager (Former Employee) –  Midflorida Credit UnionNovember 25, 2016
Typical day at work was very busy and productive. Everyday I had the opportunity to learn something new. Management was very cooperative with my decisions as a teller manager. The hardest part of the job was when all avenues had been exhausted to stay within policy and be able to help the members. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new members and employees everyday and given the opportunity to give the WOW factor.
Fun Workplace with Co-Workers and Members
Teller Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 14, 2016
A typical day at MidFlorida Credit Union is pretty fast paced depending what day of the week it is. Co-Workers are also a big part of your day whether it's good or bad, their influence is everything. The hardest part of the day is making sure you keep a big smile on your face at all times, because you can't wear your feelings on your sleeve when working with Customers/Members face to face on a daily basis.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Lack of respect from management as well as minimal potential for growth
Great place to work!
Teller (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 25, 2016
Great place to work, and very flexible with scheduling and hours. Great members and a good company to work for. Very informative on the banking industry and took a long time to train and make sure you were set as an employee.
Good Company Overall to work for
Member Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 13, 2016
Working in a banking atmosphere has its busy and slow days. I greatly enjoyed working with all of my coworkers, they were extremely encouraging on the off days and with getting through our quarterly goals. Each branch tends to have a family atmosphere about it. My favorite part of working there was the face to face interactions with all of my members that would come in.
Pros
holiday treats
Fast Paced
Teller Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 22, 2016
Working for Midflorida Credit Union you have to follow policies and procedures because you are handling cash and very sensitive information.
Pros
Great Work place
Fast paced inviroment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 7, 2016
Management was horrible, only promoted you if they liked you. Great benefits though. Learned a lot about cash handling.
Pros
Incentives, flexible schedule
Cons
Horrible managers, cross selling
Did not enjoy working here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 28, 2015
i did not enjoy working for this company. It was not very employee friendly. I had an emergency medical issue an was let go even though the proper document was provided.
Cons
No scheduled breaks even on a 10 hr shift
It was an opportunity for growth and sharpening my people skills
Peak Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 14, 2015
Working at one of the busiest branches for my Credit Union, most days we were packed and trying to move members in and out. While on those days we were not so busy, we could take more time with our members and really get to know them.

One the stronger aspects of the credit union was the rate in which they promoted people, if you had the desire they would reward you. I had seen many of my fellow tellers promoted one or two times while I was there. Which meant that most of its management was home-grown, they had worked as tellers and or loan officers before being promoted to manager, the knew all aspects of the job.

I did love my time at Midflorida, from the members to my fellow tellers, it was a job that I never dreaded to wake up and come to in the morning, it was something I looked forward to walk into, get out my drawer and begin helping someone. I would highly recommend it to anyone living in western and central Florida.
Pros
A lot of room to move up
Cons
Needs more workers
Excellent benefits and upward mobility
Home Equity Manager / Credit Committee (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 25, 2015
Continuing to expand providing advancement opportunities for anyone who desires. Offer competitive benefits and a fantastic work culture.
Pros
Competitive salaries and benefits