Midland Independent School District Employee Reviews

Substitute
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 18, 2018
Working as a substitute was perfect while a college student. It allowed for a flexible schedule where I picked the days and classes I could work.
school bus driver
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 16, 2018
I enjoyed driving the children to school, field trips, and back home at the end day. The job was stressful with there being not enough drivers per bus routes. We didn't get any paid for time off especially during breaks.
Pros
job stability
Cons
stressful, not getting paid during breaks
Workplace culture
Director of Benefits and Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 11, 2018
Midland Independent School District is doing good job on improving the workplace culture which was very much needed to help with work morale. Hope it continues.
I enjoyed working with Midland Isd
Bus Driver (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 1, 2018
I would recommend to people to work here I really enjoyed my job with my students on the bus and co workers were great also.My supervisor was great person also.
Good place, considering the challenges.
Social Studies Teacher (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 25, 2018
Midland ISD tries hard and does a decent job considering the challenges of serving an oil boom-and-bust economy. Good coworkers! District has high ambitions, but needs to be more aggressive about pursuing them.
Pros
Decent sense of camaraderie
Cons
Salaries not commensurate with cost of living
Good Workplace
Counselor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 15, 2018
Everyone was very friendly and it was enjoyable to work.
My day went by fast. Everyone is very happy and smiled. Everyone worked together. The parents and students of the school all worked as a team.
picked up and delivered to and from school
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 31, 2018
arrived at 6 am, clocked in, did pre trip bus inspection, picked up and delivered students to school , clocked out at 9am, returned at 2pm picked up students from school and transported to drop off locations, clocked out at 6pm, Monday thru Friday.
Unstructured for oilfield culture
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 23, 2018
Alot of assumed duties given to teachers with little to no legal support from the district. Also they give every excuse to not pay the teachers for their extra effort.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Mismanaged
Working for Midland Independent School District
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 16, 2018
Working for MISD can be strenuous as well as rewarding. The pay is decent but does need to increase with the cost of living going up. This past year has basically been a complete disaster with the new management but every year is different.
Great place to wokr
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 10, 2018
They are a great organization to work for and they offer many perks. Teaching can be stressful, at least at my school the principal was very supportive and helpful. I really enjoyed working for her. The only reason I'm leaving is so I may broaden my work experience and have time to complete my Masters.
Pros
Health Clinic for $10
Cons
Long work days
A good phaser
Pre K Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 3, 2018
Working for Midland Isd was not an end goal it was a detour for my career journey. So my expectations were not too high as far as attaining a goal position. With that mindset I was able to enjoy interactions with my students.
Pros
great staff and parents
Cons
Short breaks
Okay Place
Teacher/Coach (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 2, 2018
Midland Independent School District is not bad to work for but the district is recovering from a bad downgrade in educational production. Since the mid-2000's, the district has suffered from poor test results and bad student performance and the blame was shifted to the teachers and not the administration, where the blame should be focused.
Pros
Insurance benefits
Cons
Stress
A great chapter
Earned teacher (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 19, 2018
I grew as a person as well as an employee. I will always be grateful for my time at MISD. I made many friends and memories that will be with me forever.
Benefits
Cons
Long days
Stressful Workplace
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 11, 2018
What I've learned working at MISD is the fact that teachers aren't valued. What I've learned is that the expectations of the teachers is extremely high and most of the time it is difficult to see positive advancements in student learning. The hardest part of the job is the lack of support from administration and the fact that communication with administration is essentially nonexistent.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Lack of support from admin, lack of communication, toxic environment
poor management
Computer Techncian (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 1, 2018
I worked for them for 8 years and cannot move up to better position they keep hiring guys that have no experience. They play a lot of favorites and they move up people they like even though they have no experience.
Good environment
District Engineer (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 30, 2018
Good place to work with advancement indoor area of expertise. I worked hard and after 17 years I was able to increase productivity tremendously. I started with one (1) department and ended up managing five (5).
Pros
low pay
Cons
good working environment.
Enjoyed working with students and having a positive influence on them.
High School Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 11, 2018
My favorite part of the job was being a stepping stone to students as they achieved their goals. Once I figured out my own system in grading and classroom management, it became so much easier.
PE Teacher
PE Teacher (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 2, 2018
Great environment. Working with students is amazing. I love being able to work with students and see them grow and progress as the year go on.........
Amazing co-workers but pay was below average
Office (Attendance) Clerk/Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 15, 2017
As a non-professional employee, the pay was well below that of compatible jobs outside of the district. The time off was amazing and ability to have my children transfer to the school I worked at was a God send.
rewarding job position
Foreign Language Teacher (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 9, 2017
Very rewarding job but not a good job to have a decent living. Not very many benefits and the pay is very low. the only rewarding thing is seeing the kids and building relationships whit them.