Midland Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

good
JD - Lead Room Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 16, 2019
Midland Memorial Hospital is a good place to work in certain areas. Business office is not one of them poor management no overtime in the business office and no paid time off if you don't have the time
Friendly work environment
Director (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 5, 2019
People are very friendly, understanding, and helpful. In a typical day of work there is a lot of customer service, email, order processing, and possibly book keeping. The company is a great learning opportunity for anybody looking into order precessing. There's definitely room for growth.
Postpartum RN (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 1, 2019
I have worked at MMH for 20 years. I began working in pediatrics in 1999. I gained valuable experience as an emergency room nurse in 2001 and transitioned to Postpartum in 2004. Beginning in 2014, I started working in utilization review with and experienced team. My job gives me the flexibility to have work life balance. Everyday is a positive day at MMH due to our culture of excellence!
Pros
Free parking, Tuition reimbursement
Cons
No child care
Great place to work!
PCU Telemetry Monitor Tech / PCA (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 29, 2019
Workplace culture is very supportive as a team to provide medical care. I learned a lot about healthcare as a PCA and Monitor tech. I like the variable scheduling.
A great origanization with great people
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 14, 2019
a great place to work if you are a hard worker. the job was demanding but also rewarding, the accounting team is highly supportive of each other and everyone was willing to jump in and work to insure deadlines and goals were met.
Pros
friendly people, okay benefits and compensation, good leadership, flexable work schedule
Cons
not always a place that supports a healthy work/life balance, long hours
Wonderful Place
Quality Assurance Education Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 13, 2019
I enjoyed my time at Midland Memorial. Even though it was short and brief and my exit was abrupt I would have loved to have stayed. I wish I would have the guidance and support from my Director which I requested when hired. Midland Memorial is a wonderful place to work.
Good people working there.
Managed Care Reimbursement Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midland TexasJanuary 4, 2019
Friendly work place. Nice office, good benefits, good pay. Have help on many things. Get flu shots for free. Good security. Nice free gifts on things.
Pros
Good people
Cons
The written up on tardy even for one minute.
Great work environment, minimal communication
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 30, 2018
It was a great place to work, however there was few communication with co-workers and managing staff. if something was said you better have paid attention. otherwise ask to know what is going on.
not being paid fairly
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 26, 2018
This place does not pay you what you should be paid for the experience you have. There is always tension no matter what department you"re in. Very unprofessional atmosphere
Great workplace that always kept you on your toes.
Facilities Intern (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 19, 2018
Each morning there is a manager huddle that discusses daily reports and any outstanding issues that needed to be addressed. This simple act made it easier for me to familiarize faces and learn new things about the hospital I didn't know. I would recommend going to these meetings if you can. Also the work flow in the facilities department never seems to stop but it is sometimes relaxed work or intense work. Anything can happen in this building so be prepared.
Great Co-workers
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 3, 2018
I had the best group of co-workers anyone could of asked for, they were always there for you when you needed help and it was always a great environment to be in.
Central Supply Tech (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 10, 2018
Great place to work, people nice, decent wage, eco friendly I enjoyed working there. It was hardworking but you felt needed. Very hard work but satisfying. The carts were to hard to move.
Pros
Very eco friendly great people paid for me to get shots updated
Cons
The carts were cumbersome and they didnt have enough people working to get everything done
Stressful
Floor Nurse/LVN (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 19, 2018
Direct patient care. I learned how to handle myself in emergent situations. Management was was good but my direct DON was horrible. The culture was horribly stressful and worrisome. The hardest part was feeling like you weren't doing a good job and didn't have the support you needed.
Pros
gained experience
Cons
patient overload, high stress, inadequate support
Great
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 15, 2018
Great, they work with scheduling only bad thing they didn’t offer me maternity leave because I wasn’t there long enough . I loved the job and always was in learning atmosphere.
Pros
Cons
Understanding
work review
Post Anesthesia Care Unit Nurse (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 8, 2018
Midland Memorial Hospital offers good opportunities for career advancement or change. Many positive changes have been made in the culture to reduce and prevent work place aggression and dysfunction.
Pros
many career opportunities
Cons
most work environment require shifts without flexibility for family needs
Friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 27, 2018
Great and informative 2 week training orientation.Friendly workers and clean hospital .Great insurance if you use their hospital their providers.Multicultural and diversified.
Pros
Great mgr
Cons
Low pay
Adequate Work Area
Surveillance Operations Center Operator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 23, 2018
The surveillance center was not designed with functionality and facility security in mind; therefore we work in a less than optimal area, but adequate for the job.

The day consists of one surveillance operator monitoring cameras, dispatching police and security calls, and answering telephone calls.

The supervisor assists in all the above plus monitors employee performance and the overall operation of the Surveillance Operations Center.

Management is undergoing change at this time but overall the job is pleasant.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with a somewhat fickle hospital administration.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the security and police team.

Workplace culture is somewhat disappointing overall, but there are bright spots throughout the hospital.
Pros
Good pay and fair benefits.
Cons
CEO is perceived as weak and not necessarily supportive of employee needs, but more concerned with fiscal control and pleasing "more influential " members of the community.
On hands training
TX// Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 13, 2018
Training is always so much different on site than when you read it in a book; I really enjoyed MMH's training progam. It was very hands on and allowed me to learn quickly and efficiently.
Work Place
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 7, 2018
I thank MMH for advancing I to understand the medical field, and teaching me what I know now. The management at the time was not that great, but its a job and you have to make it what it is.
Enjoyed my coworkers excellent team players
Patient Admissions (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 29, 2018
Loved my Supervisor but the Manager was too arrogant.
I liked my hours from 7:30am to 4:30pm.
I was switched to 3 locations.people are always calling in. They need to hire someone part time or a float position to cover areas that are sjort staffed.
Pros
Free T shirts
Cons
No breaks..no paid Holidays so sad..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midland Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Midland Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location