Midland Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Central Supply Tech (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 10, 2018
Great place to work, people nice, decent wage, eco friendly I enjoyed working there. It was hardworking but you felt needed. Very hard work but satisfying. The carts were to hard to move.
Pros
Very eco friendly great people paid for me to get shots updated
Cons
The carts were cumbersome and they didnt have enough people working to get everything done
Great
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 15, 2018
Great, they work with scheduling only bad thing they didn’t offer me maternity leave because I wasn’t there long enough . I loved the job and always was in learning atmosphere.
Pros
Cons
Understanding
work review
Post Anesthesia Care Unit Nurse (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 8, 2018
Midland Memorial Hospital offers good opportunities for career advancement or change. Many positive changes have been made in the culture to reduce and prevent work place aggression and dysfunction.
Pros
many career opportunities
Cons
most work environment require shifts without flexibility for family needs
Friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 27, 2018
Great and informative 2 week training orientation.Friendly workers and clean hospital .Great insurance if you use their hospital their providers.Multicultural and diversified.
Pros
Great mgr
Cons
Low pay
Adequate Work Area
Surveillance Operations Center Operator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 23, 2018
The surveillance center was not designed with functionality and facility security in mind; therefore we work in a less than optimal area, but adequate for the job.

The day consists of one surveillance operator monitoring cameras, dispatching police and security calls, and answering telephone calls.

The supervisor assists in all the above plus monitors employee performance and the overall operation of the Surveillance Operations Center.

Management is undergoing change at this time but overall the job is pleasant.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with a somewhat fickle hospital administration.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the security and police team.

Workplace culture is somewhat disappointing overall, but there are bright spots throughout the hospital.
Pros
Good pay and fair benefits.
Cons
CEO is perceived as weak and not necessarily supportive of employee needs, but more concerned with fiscal control and pleasing "more influential " members of the community.
Work Place
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 7, 2018
I thank MMH for advancing I to understand the medical field, and teaching me what I know now. The management at the time was not that great, but its a job and you have to make it what it is.
Enjoyed my coworkers excellent team players
Patient Admissions (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 29, 2018
Loved my Supervisor but the Manager was too arrogant.
I liked my hours from 7:30am to 4:30pm.
I was switched to 3 locations.people are always calling in. They need to hire someone part time or a float position to cover areas that are sjort staffed.
Pros
Free T shirts
Cons
No breaks..no paid Holidays so sad..
Productive working environment
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 25, 2018
I have learned and grown so much as a tech over the past 2 years. Everyone is so kind and friendly the moment you walk in the door for the shift. Working with these people really changes the mood and desire of going in to work.
Good place to start
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 24, 2018
Good place to start if you looking for something fast paced . Workload is up and down. Fast turn around rate. Depending on management personnel can be good or bad.
Quiet fast paced job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 15, 2018
I am in charge of making sure that all the providers that are employed with Midland Memorial Hospital are credentialed and that all their licences and insurances are current. I also make sure that we have all the supplies we need to make our jobs easier.
Pros
Love working with the Providers
Cons
Some are kinda rude but once i talk to them they warm up to me
The job was not advancing me in my career
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 7, 2018
My typical day at work was just mainly a sit behind the desk scanning documents and answering call lights. I did not feel that the job was really getting me anywhere.
Rn
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 3, 2018
I enjoyed my experience at Midland Memorial. Orientation was thorough. I had wonderful coworkers and learned a lot during my time there. Management was good.
toxic
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 20, 2018
horrible company culture. money is the most important, people come in a distant second. management does not engage fairly with employees. very little training.
Pros
Cons
everything else
Fun place to work at
Texas (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 10, 2018
MMH is a fun and rewarding place to work at. The leadership is very approachable and caring. Employees are happy and caring too. Benefits are good and opportunities for advancement are present.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Oil drives the economy and healthcare must flex
enjoyable work place
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 6, 2018
I enjoy my job, I was a unit coordinator. my manager and nurses I worked with were team players. I worked the evening shift which, was okay. I loved my job there.
Pros
team work
Cons
busy
Loved the company mission statement, great teamwork
PATIENT ADVOCATE (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 5, 2018
Great place to work. Management is extremely nice, they take ownership they take pride in their jobs everyone is very pleasant to work with, guaranteed 40 hours
Enjoyed my time at Midland Memorial Hospital
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 24, 2018
This hospital has come along way from when I worked there. The team I worked with was great but management needed some work. I felt that there was lack of communication between management. The hardest part of my job was when other would call in last minute and that put everyone else in a bind.
Stressful work environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 6, 2018
As a previous housekeeper in this hospital, I have to say the management is very poor as far as supervisors and flexing with the employee's needs. They're not very helpful when it comes to teaching you what you should know, and they want it done a certain way right down to the T.
Life at Midland Memorial
Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 3, 2018
MMH is not a place you want to work for the IT Work Force, the IT Operations currently at the time of this writing has no clue to organization and will make changes to the system that affects the image of the department, but expects the staff to cover for them and make the end user feel that it was important and had to be done without any comments from said Manager. A lot of the department is still in flux from changes initiated both after the new tower and other managers since. The benefits are some of the worst in the town, and even for employees they are not very good if you have to have something done at your own facilities. If you want an entry level position this probably will be good for you if you do not have a family or lots of medical expenses. They do not offer training, but if you take the initiative to learn on your own, then there are growth potential to move from desktop to network/server team.,
Pros
Friendly people, you can eat at the cafeteria and have deducted from paycheck.
Cons
IT related, the staff is very PC illiterate, Dealing with Doctors and outside support, Beniffits bad
Great Company to work with.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 1, 2018
This was a great company to work with. Very attentive to our needs and our training needs. promotes from within whenever possible, cross training when available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midland Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about