Midland Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

toxic
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 20, 2018
horrible company culture. money is the most important, people come in a distant second. management does not engage fairly with employees. very little training.
Pros
Cons
everything else
Fun place to work at
Texas (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 10, 2018
MMH is a fun and rewarding place to work at. The leadership is very approachable and caring. Employees are happy and caring too. Benefits are good and opportunities for advancement are present.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Oil drives the economy and healthcare must flex
enjoyable work place
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 6, 2018
I enjoy my job, I was a unit coordinator. my manager and nurses I worked with were team players. I worked the evening shift which, was okay. I loved my job there.
Pros
team work
Cons
busy
Loved the company mission statement, great teamwork
PATIENT ADVOCATE (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 5, 2018
Great place to work. Management is extremely nice, they take ownership they take pride in their jobs everyone is very pleasant to work with, guaranteed 40 hours
Stressful work environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 6, 2018
As a previous housekeeper in this hospital, I have to say the management is very poor as far as supervisors and flexing with the employee's needs. They're not very helpful when it comes to teaching you what you should know, and they want it done a certain way right down to the T.
Life at Midland Memorial
Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 3, 2018
MMH is not a place you want to work for the IT Work Force, the IT Operations currently at the time of this writing has no clue to organization and will make changes to the system that affects the image of the department, but expects the staff to cover for them and make the end user feel that it was important and had to be done without any comments from said Manager. A lot of the department is still in flux from changes initiated both after the new tower and other managers since. The benefits are some of the worst in the town, and even for employees they are not very good if you have to have something done at your own facilities. If you want an entry level position this probably will be good for you if you do not have a family or lots of medical expenses. They do not offer training, but if you take the initiative to learn on your own, then there are growth potential to move from desktop to network/server team.,
Pros
Friendly people, you can eat at the cafeteria and have deducted from paycheck.
Cons
IT related, the staff is very PC illiterate, Dealing with Doctors and outside support, Beniffits bad
Great Company to work with.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 1, 2018
This was a great company to work with. Very attentive to our needs and our training needs. promotes from within whenever possible, cross training when available.
Productive fun workplace
Antepartum Nurse (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 23, 2018
Enjoyed working in ante partum and labor and delivery. The area was stressful and territorial with some of the nurses. The nurse that trained me was very informative and giving in knowledge and training. I learned a lot from her we are still friends today.
Pros
Three day work weeks
Cons
Support from upper management
Stressful
Manager (Current Employee) –  main campusApril 12, 2018
lack of process or documentation
high turnover in some areas
most people are nice
some are not competent in mid-level management roles
high pressure high demand
MMH has worked hard on the culture of the hospital. Management is supportive.There is Shortage of nurses, Transition care nurses, and social workers.
Social worker/case management (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 25, 2018
MMH has worked hard on the culture of the hospital.
Pros
Team Work and alot of good employees
Cons
Shortage of staff
loved working with the employees of the food and nutrition dept
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX 79701March 24, 2018
The typical day involved data processing, working with the employees and supervisors. Great crew of people. My supervisor and the Director of the Food and Nutrition dept were very easy to work for. There was nothing hard about what I did. A good fun job.
Fast paced teamwork
certified nurse aide (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Good place to work for, most employees look out for each other and value team work you will be appreciated they do a lot for their employees the shifts are usually 6a to 6p and you can self schedule yourself
Talk the talk but don't walk the walk
HOSPITAL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 5, 2018
The culture is all they care about. They demonstrate that they believe their employees are expendable and don't do anything to increase retention. They ask for employee feedback and then don't listen or act on anything they learn. The management is so busy adopting trendy workplace practices, they don't see how poorly they treat their employees.
Cons
non supportive management
Nice Facility, work commraderie
Clinical Manager, Medical and Oncology (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 30, 2017
Enjoyed working at this hospital. Beautiful facility, lifts in every room, staff education opportunities, nice cafeteria, good equipment.
I worked as a charge nurse on the medical and oncology floors. There was good teamwork and a friendly work environment (except for the nursing assistants).
Pros
job security
Cons
fairly large work load for RNs
not a very healthy work place
Collector III (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 20, 2017
would not work in the business office. very stressful and negative. managers talking about employees to much gossip going on. not worth your time there
Pros
no pros
Cons
management stinks
Enjoyed working here
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 18, 2017
I really enjoyed working here, loved the staff, great atmosphere. The supervisors are great assets to the hospital. Would highly recommend this place.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Great in the beginning
LVN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 3, 2017
It was good in the beginning, but then the rules started changing every week. It was apparent that outside appeal was more important than staff needs.
Stressful Work Environment
Radiology Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 14, 2017
Even though working at MMH provides some benefit, the management does not understand that we are all adults and do not have to be treated as children.
Very relaxed job
Admin Asst to the Director of the Food & Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 26, 2017
I was an administrative assistant for the Director of the Food and Nutrition Department at the Hospital. A typical day included handling phone calls and appointment for my Director. I also handled all the invoicing for perishable and non-perishable products for the different hospital departments. I worked with the service department, the kitchen managers and employees, the cafeteria manager and employees, the cafe and the housekeeping department. I worked with vendors, repair crews, ordered repairs. I completed weekly and month end reports of all product being purchased by each department.
Pros
Job security, a good place to work, very structured enviroment
educational
Customer Service/Collector/Posting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX 79701September 20, 2017
There are a variety of different jobs that you can have at Midland Memorial Hospital. You can easily transfer into another position to give you well rounded experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midland Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Midland Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location