Midland Mortgage Employee Reviews

Worst
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 23, 2018
Midland Mortgage was without a doubt the worst job I've ever had in 30 years if working. The co-workers were baby boomers who hate everyone who has a college degree. The boss would give me a project, but every single time it was missing huge pieces of critical paperwork. I then had to beg all week for the missing pieces and still rarely got them
Never Hired On
Assistant/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 9, 2018
I was on a Temp employee and hey never hired on even after 7 months. Other than that the are a good company to work for and offer incentives for employees.
Great Company, Low Pay
Loan Counselor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 28, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Midland Mortgage, I only left because the pay isn't that great and there is little room for growth. The management team was supportive.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Pay and Work Advancement
Career advancement can be few and far between
Senior Mediation/Escalation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 6, 2018
In my experience with Midland Mortgage I've appreciated the benefits that come with working with this company. However, the raises have been minimal at best even with stellar reviews. We often hear that the lack of raises come from budget cuts, but we've been a tier 1 mortgage servicer for years. I also feel as if the career development and growth opportunities are lackluster especially for minorities for management positions.
Pros
Good benefits, nice on campus food options.
Cons
Lack of career development and growth opportunities
Work Environment
Delinquent Loan Counselor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 7, 2018
Everyone you work with is super supportive and there to help. It is very competitive but everyone is a good sport, especially when there are department competitions! Depending on the department/position you're in the content of the job can be stressful or overwhelming sometimes, but the benefits of the job far outweigh those cons. They have fantastic health and pay, some positions even include incentive opportunities and flexible work schedules!
Pros
Supportive Work Environment, Great Benefits and Pay
Cons
Job Content can be difficult, Business Casual dress code
Fast pace work environment with compettive incentive opportunities
Delinquency Assistance Associate III (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 10, 2017
The day would include time spent answering calls regarding mortgage assistance there are also calls made out through and automated dialing system to ensure proper assistance documents are received. I learned a great deal about what it means to own a home and the responsibility of having a mortgage.
Job Security
Operational Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 4, 2017
The best thing I can say is that Midland does provide job security. In the 12 years that I worked there, I never feared losing my job for any reason. In fact, I saw many times when others were reducing staff, that Midland was able to hire. However, there are times where employees deserve higher pay and are not able to obtain that due to budget constraints.
Pros
Consistent work hours
Cons
Difficult to advance.
My review of Midland
Debit collector (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 2, 2017
To start with it is open seven day a week between 6:00am to 9:00pm and I could set me own schedule as long as I worked 40 hours a week. I answered calls as well as make collection calls. I enjoy talking on the phone with customers and helping them with examples of how they can take care of there bill. The workplace was professional and filled with lots of knowledge.
Pros
Set you own schedule
Cons
short breaks
Great Company Atmosphere
Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 15, 2017
Small company feel, provided a lot of simple benefits to employees you would not receive with larger companies i.e. mobile mammogram and flu shots at the job, several free meal days
Benefits
Cons
Slow advancement
No Smoking on premises ..like that
Collector (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 24, 2017
Great people to work with. Was able to go from the collections dept to the accounts receivable dept to post payments to customer account.Liked the change of doing other things on the job.
Productive and Fun place to work
Default Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 6, 2017
Great place to work. Employees are friendly and helpful. Pay and Benefits were good. Management was great and helpful. Flexible hours were very helpful.
Loan counselor specialist
Collections/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 5, 2017
I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to work as a temp at Midfirst Mortgage. The position helped me become more knowledgeable in financing and foreclosures with past due home loans. My position was a collections counselor and I feel that position was not a fit for me. The best part of the job was the management and frineds that I made while there.
Cons
pressure to insist customers apply for financial assistance
You never know the outcome
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 24, 2017
Your day at work depends on you. You get people that's angry, mad sad, glad all in one day. However its up to you on how your day will pan out. Sometimes you will get that one customer that will get under your skin.
Pros
You never know what you will hear or be told.
Cons
using vacation time to go to doctor appointments
Midland was a great experience to further my knowledge in the Mortgage industry.
Special Project Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 17, 2017
My work day started off by review the task for the day. If there was something that needed to be completed for the previous day, I did that first. Then it was moving forward to the next step of the Property Preservation. If the work was at a stand still then I would assist other departments.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
I would have liked to work there permanently. I was working for a temp agency on a project.
A good place for someone looking for their first office job.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 21, 2017
Midland is a small company but is trying to adopt policies of much larger corporations. There are pros and cons to this of course. It's a good place for someone looking for their first office job.
Mortgage Company
Invoice Approval Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 2, 2017
Good place to work. The supervisors were good. Excellent trainers. Worked in a fast paced multi projects environment. Great benefits, loved the employees.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Crooked company with poor management
Delinquency Associate III (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 23, 2017
Worked here for 8 years only to be fired by a newly hired (from outside the company) shady manager. Poor pay compared to similar jobs in the industry with little to no raises and very little room for advancement unless you are perfect and never miss a day of work. Nearly everyone who works there that is not in managemenr is miserable with their job and not being able to afford to live. Being fired from midfirst bank was like being released from prison.
Not a good place to work.
Mortgage Servicing Associate I (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 14, 2017
Company is Ok.HR is despicable with no oversight. Pay is is poor with no or very small raises. Complaints are ignored by management (HR). Handicap people are not accommodated.
Good place to work overall
Delinquency Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 13, 2017
Overall the job was good but employees who have been there longer have final say in your performance even though it may not be true or if they are proven wrong.
Good Place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 28, 2017
Was a good place to work
Had good people
Management was very good
Hardest part of job - not talking
Enjoyed the people
Workplace was great
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Supervisor