Midland Mortgage

Midland Mortgage Employee Reviews in Oklahoma City, OK

Great benefits, nice employees, Felt more like sales then service
Answered and made repeated calls to customers about documents needed for mortgage assistance. Handled many customer complaints due to repeated misinformation given by other reps. Explained mortgage assistance denials. The structure felt more like sales than service.
Pros
Great benefits, excellent office, chairs and cubicles
Cons
Short breaks, mandatory training through lunches, reminded me of sales
Must account for every second of the day
You’re halfway trained and the rest is learning on the job. You also call others to ask question and some were EXTREMELY rude the majority of the time while others went above and beyond to help. You’re answering phones, when your not on a call you’re REQUIRED to call someone else. Customers receive two calls a day every day and usually end up having to block the calls. You’re given one 15 minute break a day, which your required to use as bathroom breaks as well. You’re penalized for EVERY SINGLE SECOND you’re not on the phone, requiring you to repeatedly put the customer on hold. The job was convincing mortgage holders to refinance their house for another 30 years, even if they’re close to their maturity date. They have a high turnover
Productive and Fun workplace to work with
Productive and Fun workplace to work with. Regret that it was a temporary position. Would love to work there again in a permanent position. Being part of a Team was great!
Growing Company with Opportunities for Job Security
Job definitley has security and is constantly changing. Some communication challenges with management and response times but overall a great company to work for.
Was a good job but not location
Like the managers and the opportunity to advance in different departments/ locations was to far from home. Wish that it wasn’t so far from home and there is to much micro-management.
Pros
Managers
Cons
Job seekers rely on your experience.
laid back
Hours are very flexible and managers are lenient. Just as long as you work your eight hours a day 40 hours a week they normally don't mind. When your first learning its somewhat fast paced. Other than that pretty much laid back and chill.
Pros
laid back
Cons
rude trainers
I enjoyed the challenges and good experience of daily work duties
Default Management Mortgage Claims Associate:
Working at Midland was challenging but a good experience, I enjoyed the use of strict detail and problem resolutions completing my work duties with an unexpected approach
Horrible
Don't come here as a temp. Or ever. You are completely disposable and they don't care about you. My superiors spent my last day avoiding me because they didn't have the stones to tell me they were firing me.

Even before that, it sucked. Coworkers spent half the day chatting instead of working. They got annoyed whenever I would ask a question, because in their mind, that meant I hadn't been paying attention.

Oh, and I can't forget the absolute worst computer system I've ever had the misfortune of using. It doesn't work half the time and crashes constantly. The printer also failed regularly.

And, finally, they're stingy. They don't pay you for holidays, which is a problem if you're someone like me who depends on a full paycheck.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
cowardly management, lazy coworkers, deplorable computer system, stingy pay
Pretty good place to work
I enjoyed my time at MidLand Mortgage. The mangers were very understanding of a family situation, and I really hated to leave. I do wish upper management would understand the work process themselves...instead of giving unrealistic goals.
Pros
Compassionate
Cons
Managment doesnt know what emoployees do
Fun place to work. Positive work enviroment.
Fun work environment. Several incentives such as performance based bonuses and discounts to local and national vendors. Opportunities for advancement or transfer. Exceptional training.
Pros
Treated like family.
Cons
Sometimes reguested to reduce lunch hour depending on call center needs.
Inconsistent Management
Great benefits, but management was inconsistent... some allowed employees to have a great work-life balance, others were very demanding and worked employees extremely hard. I worked for a boss that demanded a LOT of hours and overtime.
Pros
on site deli, grill, and medical care
Cons
LONG Hours, unrealistic expectations
Great benefits, terrible management
If you have to be appreciated by your job, don’t work here. For a billion dollar company, they don’t pay you what you’re worth. The pay raises are a joke— 40 cents maximum each time. This job is all about who you know, not what you know.
Pros
Discounts on fair tickets, movie tickets, six flags tickets
Cons
Bad pay, stressful, demanding, no appreciation from upper mgmt
Call Center
The job itself is good. Training is something that is very well done there. When it comes to management, that is where it starts to lack. there is no direction given and if you are a top performer and want to advance, there is very little opportunity to do so.
Pros
Prize giveaways, Christmas bonuses
Cons
No direction is given, pay is below industry standard
Don't do it!
Management is a joke. They don't care whatsoever about you as a person. You are only a number. They find every way to decrease your bonuses. They nitpick about the most asinine mundane things. They will make you feel as miniscule as possible. You are penalised for using your sick time even though you accrue/earn it. Good luck.
Great office environment
Most of the work done here was handling confidential mortgage papers and contracts for customers and vendors. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning the different terminology used within a mortgage company.
Pros
Great office environment
Cons
Was only a contract position
Friendly
The work place is a friendly atmosphere. The job teaches you plenty in regards to what it means to place a property in conveyance condition. Great location.
It could be worse
In my particular department the culture is relatively laid back but that is not the case in most other departments including customer service. The management is very focused on improving process and procedure but there is a lot of office drama by admins who don't have anything better to do.
Pros
Deli on site, flex schedule
Cons
Pay is based on experience, but the experience they value doesn't translate well to the position.
Fasted Paced
A typical work day is very fasted paced. You learn alot anf have to be very self motivated. Management was still under going with most company as such. The work place culture was typical business like setting. The was not any hard part of dong the job, you will be fine if you stay focused on your task assign for the day so that everyone is able to do there part. Being a team player was very enjoyable all round pleasant.
Pros
Do not wish to comment.
Cons
Do not wish to comment.
Worst
Midland Mortgage was without a doubt the worst job I've ever had in 30 years if working. The co-workers were baby boomers who hate everyone who has a college degree. The boss would give me a project, but every single time it was missing huge pieces of critical paperwork. I then had to beg all week for the missing pieces and still rarely got them
Productive, friendly work place. Always available to help.
I enjoyed working with this company as they ensured all questions were answered and all training was up to date. The environment was very friendly and welcoming.
Never Hired On
I was on a Temp employee and hey never hired on even after 7 months. Other than that the are a good company to work for and offer incentives for employees.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midland Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Midland Mortgage Reviews by Location