Midland States Bank Employee Reviews for Personal Banker

work day
Personal Banker/Teller (Former Employee) –  Delta, COMay 21, 2019
I never work for Midland Bank but I did work for Alpine Bank and they were an awesome company to work for they care for the communities they are in and spoil their employees.
Personal Banker
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Branch, MNMay 17, 2019
I feel I have a lot of support if I need help, whether it's a phone call or training, no one makes you feel bad for asking questions or needing clarification. I'm appreciated on how I do my job too with the opportunity for earning bonuses and fun jean days for charity are just one of the ways this company surpasses any other I've worked for.
Personal Banker
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Branch, MNMay 16, 2019
A typical day at work is waiting on customers to open accounts, balance checkbooks, file debit card or ACH disputes, renew CDs, update customer files, review documents are scanned and accurately indexed, listen to customer's complaints and try to resolve them. I've learned to be kind to customers when there is an issue because they just do not understand the reason why bankers have to do things they way they do. Being kind and helpful to customers makes them stay and they trust me because I have helped them understand the ways of banking better. Regional management is a very good support system to the front line people. The workplace culture of Midland is great! They are very understanding when there is a need to leave for an emergency, or any other necessary last minute need to leave. The hardest part of the job is not being able to give the customers what they want. For example, refund fees especially for those who made an honest mistake and already have barely anything to live on, or higher interest rate that just ran out the day before. The best part of the job are the people I work with in my branch, helping my customers and getting to know my customers.
Review
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Streator, ILMay 25, 2018
Midland is a great place to work. Enjoyable atmosphere. Great customer service. Midlands gives you room to improve yourself and your skills. You're eligible to move up within the company.
Official response from Midland States Bank
August 30, 2018

Hi There! We can't begin to tell you how nice it is to hear words of encouragement, appreciation, and praise. We appreciate our employees taking the time to tell us what we are doing right so that we are able to constantly strive for excellence. We value your contribution to the Midland team.

Do not work for this company
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJanuary 20, 2017
If you are looking for a company that does not know right from wrong, then look no further. MSB is a good bank but the management is horrendous. Everyone is trying to figure out what they are supposed to be doing with absolutely no guidance from upper management all the way to branch staff. There are no set policies so management just makes it up as they go. Positively the worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
upper management, stability, knowledge
Good Job
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Princeton, ILJanuary 6, 2017
Great place to work with nice co-workers and good benefits. It is a good variety of job skills to be used and we are constantly being tested on bank products and services.
Pros
Good group of employees
Cons
Closing branches and changing hours
Good company
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  IlliinoisFebruary 3, 2016
Midland rewards long term employees. Is working on company culture to line up with what upper management would like to see. I have learned so much from working at Midland.