MidMichigan Health

MidMichigan Health Employee Reviews

United States143 reviews
Hard to get a position but good place to work
Most of the time they are flexible in time off but when needing to call in, they make you feels like bad. I hardly ever call in and if I do it is a good reason. My manager is great and understanding most of time. Upper management is all about keeping the doctor and not the staff.
Great place
Money is good with new raise and love the emergency room department area I work in and MRI. Clean hospital and love home close it is to home to. Great hours
Too many managers and no clear route of supervision
No clear support for long term employees. Not a lot of trust in coworkers
A lot of communication issues and lack there of

A lot of meetings and trainings makes for less patient care
People doing the best they can
The management does the best they can to help staff. There is a lot of unnecessary charting, and a lot of gossiping from staff members that is not helpful.
Greeter position
I enjoyed my job only because I liked working with the patients. My work environment however was somewhat unbearable. The management didn't care about anything other than Joint Commission and patients reviews. Also it was very cold, on average 60 degrees inside during the winter and they would not fix the heat or allow space heaters. Its a good job, but its not a job I would stay at.
Pros
Patients
Cons
You are not valued and your hard work goes unnoticed.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Co workers in dept were "clicky" and doesn't treat newbies very well. Lead tech seems nice at first but then sabotages everything you do.
Lead tech and her friend sabotages everything you try to do. Says one thing but means another. If they like you your in . If not they make your life miserable. Management takes their word and HR isn't any better. Outsiders are not well recieved at least in that department.
MidMichigan is a good place to work. There are some things that need to be worked on but all in all I love working at my job. They offer many different jobs and advancement if you do the work.
N/a
There are friendly associates at MOST MidMichigan locations. Pay is great. Certain positions do not earn PTO or are offered insurance. Expectations are high in Patient Care and that is the main pro.
Hospital
Typical hospital and management styles, focus by some managers is more on the bottom line, other managers care about their employees encouragement and excellence is important doctors are pleasant
Management is a joke
Management is actively seeking to get you in trouble instead of aiding you in success, nothing is confidential, public berating often, someone who has worked for a week is already expected to train another new trainee. Favoritism, no investigation to see both sides of the story, only going off one side. HR doesn't do much to help, especially when your manager has several grievances and variances filed against them, manager has threatened to hit an employee, as well as scream at others, so they quit.
I would overall recommend MidMichigan Health
MidMichigan is overall an excellent place to work. It is much like any other mid sized health system and prizes hard work and attention to detail. I would recommend Midmichigan
Good job low pay
I love all the staff at MidMichigan, they are well trained and professional. The pay is substandard. My manager is as hardworking as I am and helpful with any of the problems that arise in day to day operations.
Awful place!
Treated unfairly. Not paid well. Overworked. Management is rude and uncaring. You are just an employee number to them. They do not care about their employees health and mental happiness.
Tough work but I enjoyed my coworkers
The patients could be hard to deal with at times, but the work could be rewarding. I really enjoyed my coworkers, felt supported by my supervisor and manager. I could not keep up with the work schedule- working every other weekend and rotated holidays. Also, I did not get two days off in a row unless working the weekends which got old. That was the ultimate reason I left was the schedule. Other than that the benefits/insurance coverage was great, a major benefit for working at MdiMichigan. Also, I felt that the company was trying to look out for their employees best interest.
My Experience
MidMichigan Health doesn't just talk about caring about its employees and patients, the organization shows it every day. I can't think of an employer who has shown me it does care about its employees.
Great Place to Work
I loved working at MidMichigan Health. Everyone was always friendly and very helpful. Leadership wants you to succeed and gives you the tools to do so. Being in Leadership I can say they were not big on micromanaging and allowed you to get the job done. Benefits were great. People were awesome. They did pay scale evaluations to make sure they were comparable in the market and gave yearly pay increases. MidMichigan also gave out bonuses when goals were met. MidMichigan is constantly expanding, adding new service lines and new locations. They are always updating campus and their buildings are new and updated. The only reason why I am no longer there was the commute. They are a great place to work for.
Great place
I worked at Gladwin as an X-ray student for 1 year and it was one of the best places i could imagine, the only draw back being there is no surgery done there
Ok fun and sometimes frustrating
The company is ok to work for. The upper management seem detached from the every day employee and make decisions based on monetary gains from the company not the needs for the employee such as paying a fair livable wage.
Lots of support and encouragement, opportunity for growth within the system.
I have been employed for over 20 years with this organization and they have allowed the flexibility for me to prioritize my family, continue my education, and change jobs as my goals have changed.
Great group of nurses to work with
The staff is always willing to work together to provide great care to their patients. It's like having a whole other family at work. They are a great support!
The team I work with is the best thing about this company
A typical day includes working over your 8 hour scheduled day. I am a part-time employee working full time hours and every weekend. I have learned more about interacting with other departments and making managerial decisions because management is really absent in the day to day tasks. At least 3 times a week everyone is asked to cover other shifts or pull double shifts. This laboratory is severely understaffed and it is only getting worse as many current employees are retiring. The best thing about this laboratory is your coworkers because everyone is willing to help each other out as we all are experiencing healthcare burnout. The hardest part of this job is being appreciated for your experience and skills as there is no real advancement and forget about being financially compensated for your education and experience. I had over 8 years of experience with leadership skills and I was treated like a rookie right out of high school and the pay is a joke. This would be a good place to work for a student right out of college with no life outside of work but if you want to advance your career try another place.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MidMichigan Health. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9