MidMichigan Health Employee Reviews

I tried
Technician (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 14, 2019
The lab leadership is phony and very two-faced. Pathologists seem scared, don't really direct or lead. Shiny buildings are a facade for the sweat-shop mentality there. There's not enough coverage, phlebotomy is a revolving door - just watch their website for a few weeks and you will see. Upper Administration doesn't seem to care that departments are so short-staffed. Speaks volumes about how much they care...
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Too many to list
Keep looking..
IT (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIJanuary 22, 2019
Management does care about your work load and will keep giving more to their employee, I was even told this by other supervisors " they will work you to death". The work is fine, but are limited in training because of work load, which leads to the department feeling overwhelmed . High urgency on projects and always being pushed for ETAs. there is no time to be Pro-active to stay ahead of the curve-balls thrown your way ( because lack of IT understanding from other dept.) Very poor organization of workloads and responsibilities,Come to think about it is the worst organized company I have ever seen. All of this brings for a stressful environment, because lack of down times and always running from fire to fire. Plus no chance of career advancement. I feel I work with great people with a unbelievable amount of skills in many areas, but it's a shame that management does not seen that in them.
Pros
Mileage reimbursement, 401K
Cons
Poor organization, Poor Management, stressful and over worked & under paid
Worst hospital system I have ever worked for
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Gladwin, MIJanuary 5, 2019
Management was nonexistent, unrealistic expectations of staff given sparse resources, communication was negligible, and overall the environment was one of fear based control without guidance.
Pretty Good
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Freeland, MIDecember 27, 2018
Typical day of a medical assistant is fun at MidMich.
The day typically flies by, just wish we got paid as good as local competitors. Always has job openings.
Cons
required uniforms, pay
Poorly Trained
Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIDecember 23, 2018
Very cut throat position, poorly trained very high expectations with no training. Terrible Management team. Supervision was very difficult to work for no understanding for employees.
Benefits
Cons
Poor training, Management
very nice place to work
Phelbotomist (Current Employee) –  Alma, MIDecember 23, 2018
The unity characteristics at Mid-Michigan is great and my coworkers are very helpful and we work together. It do get stressful but sometimes life is stressful but what you do to make it better is what works to elevate the stressors. Mid-Michigan's patient centered culture and community awareness is great and that is what it is all about
Pros
just overall atmosphere
Cons
really no cons because we are working on ourselves to become better
No advancement
Diagnostic Imaging Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alma, MINovember 30, 2018
They don't really offer very many full time positions. You normally have to work as contingent for a long time to get into a full time position at the facility in Alma.
Stressful
First Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, MINovember 12, 2018
I had problems with the way I was scheduled to work. Unfriendly co workers makes it stressful. Mandatory call at a moments notice. Undelivered promises.
Excellent collaboration between teams
Senior Helpdesk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland, MINovember 8, 2018
There is excellent collaboration between the different IT teams. We sat in the same spot where the Electronic Medical Records team sits, which allowed us to contact individuals to figure out how to resolve different issues. We also worked closely with Desktop Support to resolve issues hardware and software related.
Pros
Excellent team to work with. Professional and helpful with each other
Cons
Schedule is not put together very well.
Not A Bad Place Except...
ED Tech (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MINovember 6, 2018
There is a lot of drama and a lot of BS Politics. Some managers act like children, and than get upset when you use logic to deal with problems. Co-Workers were great, Job itself was great, its just management that has the issues. There are like 3 mangers for one department and usually none of them are on the same page.
Cons
Management, Insurance
Great Environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Midland, MINovember 6, 2018
The environment and people are great. The pay and management would be my only issue with MidMichigan Health. I miss the people, I worked with but not the constant fear of disease working in Security.
Pros
Great Benefits and Co-Worker
Cons
Management and Pay
Not a good place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Midland, MISeptember 18, 2018
Management didn't care at all that your being, bullied in a workplace environment that is a hospital I lasted 1yr there and majorly dialiked working holidays. I would never treat people like garbage and the amount of disrespect there is in housekeeping department.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Overworked, workplace bullying, always worked holidays.., etc
Nice place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Alma, MISeptember 10, 2018
I enjoyed working there. Pleasant and friendly staff and many opportunities for advancement. I would encourage my friends and family in the healthcare business to seek employment here.
It's a job
IT (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIJuly 17, 2018
Overall the workload isn't so much difficult just a lot to do with little help or support most times, overwhelming. everything is High urgency, no management backup. limited in training and tools needed for day to day task ( I have ask for access and training ). Poor to bad organization in all department , no accountability for assets, plus seems like management take a deaf ear to issues
Pros
Mileage reimbursement, 401K
Cons
Poor organization of workloads and responsibilities, little to no direction given on large-scale projects, stressful team, lack of career advancement and no direction.
good place to work
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIJuly 16, 2018
steady hours, great team of workers, great manager, the workplace culture was focused on patient care with compassionate and friendly care. the typical day was fast paced
decent place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIJune 25, 2018
Benefits and pay are comparable to other places in the area. Overall good place to work. Upper management can be unrealistic with needs of the organization, but you'll find that anywhere.
Could have been better
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stanton, MIJune 22, 2018
This started out as a great place to work. The Health Officer was good to work for and the department managers were allowed to do their jobs. This changed with the new Health Officer. Micromanagement eventually changed that.
Pros
Providing necessary help for community
Cons
Management made it difficult to do our jobs well
lack of recognition
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIJune 22, 2018
my position was not a valued or appreciated position by upper management. Recognition for going above and beyond was not common. very under appreciated
got uniforms and out side attire
Certified Healthcare Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Alma, MIJune 20, 2018
loved working with the staff and how i was able to perform several essential duties while at work seems the manager turn over rate was just to high and i didnt allow for for more structure and consistency
Pros
great staff
Cons
too many managers came and left
Was ok, until the end
Desktop Coodinator (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIJune 5, 2018
The sad thing is that I really like this job. That is until the end when they laid me off. It was the fact that they laid me off, but how they did it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MidMichigan Health. Our community is ready to answer.