MidMichigan Health Employee Reviews

It's a job
IT (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIJuly 17, 2018
Overall the workload isn't so much difficult just a lot to do with little help or support most times, overwhelming. everything is High urgency, no management backup. limited in training and tools needed for day to day task ( I have ask for access and training ). Poor to bad organization in all department , no accountability for assets, plus seems like management take a deaf ear to issues
Pros
Mileage reimbursement, 401K
Cons
Poor organization of workloads and responsibilities, little to no direction given on large-scale projects, stressful team, lack of career advancement and no direction.
decent place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIJune 25, 2018
Benefits and pay are comparable to other places in the area. Overall good place to work. Upper management can be unrealistic with needs of the organization, but you'll find that anywhere.
Could have been better
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stanton, MIJune 22, 2018
This started out as a great place to work. The Health Officer was good to work for and the department managers were allowed to do their jobs. This changed with the new Health Officer. Micromanagement eventually changed that.
Pros
Providing necessary help for community
Cons
Management made it difficult to do our jobs well
lack of recognition
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIJune 22, 2018
my position was not a valued or appreciated position by upper management. Recognition for going above and beyond was not common. very under appreciated
Was ok, until the end
Desktop Coodinator (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIJune 5, 2018
The sad thing is that I really like this job. That is until the end when they laid me off. It was the fact that they laid me off, but how they did it.
Not perfect but GREAT employer overall...and would recommend.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIMay 18, 2018
It is what you make of it. Some of the best people I know work here, and really do care about their patients. Healthcare is a frustrating industry to work in sometimes but MidMichigan is always trying to improve and cares about safety. Managers are fair and supportive if you work hard. My only complaint is wages. Working on the front lines in an acute care setting should pay more than a grocery store clerk or even a nursing home. Especially considering rent for a decent place is $800 or more in the area and continuing to rise each year....it's not sustainable unless people are planning on living in their car or visiting food banks.
Pros
Co-workers, helping patients have a good day is rewarding
N/a
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Gladwin, MIMay 8, 2018
I enjoyed working at Mid Michigan Health. My only complaint is that you have to be a part of a union and you have to have high seniority in order to be successful in that location.
Life at Work
Admitting Registrar (Current Employee) –  Houghton Lake, MIApril 9, 2018
Typical out patient setting, registering patients for lab studies, coordinating referrals to specialist as well as scheduling diagnostic imaging.

Was hired as part time but worked 40 hrs. a week for nearly 3 years. Recently hours reduced back to part time 16 hrs. week status due to budget cuts.

Workplace culture, do the job of 3 people, while giving excellent service and superb customer satisfaction. Which we strive to do everyday. The Medical field culture has changed in the 30 years I have been associated with it. Not able to give personal care like we use to, seems more about quotas and productivity than personal service.

I loved helping others feel better, be it through just a smile and simple conversation or getting them the physical help they need. Knowing that my interaction with them has some what lessened their burdens.

Hardest part of my job is having hours cut and am no longer able to support my family even though I know it is not related to my job performance. I have great annual reviews, no discharges from employers, no unexcused absences, rarely late, always willing to stay over if needed.
Pros
Fair wages
Cons
Company Status over staff, patient ratios, no loyality from employers
Great working environment
Diagnostic imaging office assistant (Current Employee) –  Alma, MIApril 7, 2018
We provide excellent services to our community. I love working them. It's great to work with professional friendly people who respect you. Also nice I can work somewhere I trust to care for for myself and family in the event of an illness
Pros
Professional environment
Cons
Need more hours
Fun workplace with many areas of opportunity!
Lobby Clerk (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIMarch 16, 2018
I enjoy my job very much. Our shifts are long, and I need to change hours for my health. I enjoy being able to work in a competitive facility that allows different jobs. I have training in multiple areas, and enjoy the change in scenery, from time to time.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Poor communication
Great learning opportunity
Intern (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIMarch 13, 2018
I was exposed to a lot of different ideas and ways of doing things. I was a great experience and everyone that I had contact with was amazing. I learned so much during my externship
Poor management
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIMarch 6, 2018
The last manager I had did not care to take care of anything! She did not like confrontation at all! She told you what you wanted to hear to calm you down and the other person the same. It created more problems. I also asked her to please put me at one of her other offices and she refused because I did not feel comfortable at this point in the office. There was bulling and when talking to Human Resources about these problems that were not addressed by my manager I was told that they have not hear of this before after telling her that I have go to my manager several times. My main reason for leaving is that I had a very sick child during my last year of work for them. I was put on probation due to having to stay home with him. I felt unsupported by my manager and her supervisor! My first four years I work many hours, always picked up, was always on time and at work! I was a dedicated worker! And in my time I was definitely not reward for my loyoty go this company. Also just heart broken because it starts off being my dream jobs in the ER until I entered the medical offices
Pros
Discounts on meals
Cons
Unsupported
Patient focused organization
System Director of Imaging (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIFebruary 25, 2018
Great place to work. Dedicated staff. Much room for input and advancement. Administration responsive to needs of all customers. Engaged staff and physicians.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
N/a
Nice Place
Representative (Current Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 23, 2018
Overall, this is a nice place to work. The pay and benefits could be better, as well as giving internal employees a chance to interview before bypassing them and hiring outside the company.
Love MidMichigan
Receptionist / Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIFebruary 9, 2018
Working for MidMichigan Health was a great job. I enjoyed working within a community that cared for each other, and my employer and supervisor were both really great, understanding, and compassionate.
Continuous learning experience
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Alma, MIJanuary 12, 2018
In my profession, we see between 30-65 people a day. We see an array of populations that enter our doors. The hardest part of the job is the lack of education the populations have in regards to resources that are available to them. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I have the opportunity to educate them regarding these resources. I learn something new every day, which makes me become more knowledgeable and valuable as an employee. Management roles should separate personal friendships versus employee when concerns arise and are not addressed according to protocol. When in a management position you have to know when to separate the two.
Pros
Benefits offered. Education oriented. Safety oriented. Diversified.
Cons
Pay structure needs to be more competitive for entry level positions, particularly licensed personnel.
OK place to work depending on supervision.
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIDecember 16, 2017
Most employees and doctors I worked with were wonderful. Unfortunately, the wages aren't great for what is expected of you. Lunches are usually nonexistent. The worst part is when you are unlucky enough to get a bad supervisor like we had. Insensitive, unsympathetic, doesn't look people in the eye, and plays favorites. Had no idea what we did but micromanaged us. He is buddies with his boss and even though there have been complaints against him, nothing was ever done.
There are good supervisors that are great to their employees. Mine just wasn't one of them.
The hospital usually lets people go between January to June due to low financials at the end of their fiscal year.
Pros
Most employees and doctors.
Cons
Insensitive, unsympathetic supervisor. Wages.
not family friendly
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIDecember 8, 2017
Even if you give plenty of notice for an upcoming doctors appointment for yourself or your child you will still get harassed for needing to take care of things that can only be taken care of during the day.
Pros
a pay check
Cons
no flexibility
Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  Clare, MINovember 28, 2017
Love working in the health care industry and interacting with patients as well as other medical staff. Great place to work, however hours just are not available.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Inconsistent hours and or shifts available
Miserable
Facilities, Security & Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Clare, MINovember 21, 2017
Local management great, corporate management, not so great. Personal responsibility not equitably exhibited. Very cutthroat environment. Upper management looks out for their own self preservation only.
Pros
Local management
Cons
Corporate management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MidMichigan Health. Our community is ready to answer.