MidState Medical Center Employee Reviews

Houskeeping dept.
Environmental Aide (Former Employee) –  Environmental servicesSeptember 7, 2019
Management played favorites and worked you to death. Expected quality work in unreasonable amount of time. Vacation time priority was always given to senior employees. Horrible department to work for.
Great coworkers
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTJuly 19, 2019
Great coworkers and great management team. Nice place to work at. The department is renovating so the new Central department will be much bigger and much nicer.
Nice building to work in
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTJuly 1, 2019
Management skills very poor,pay was good great staff in Emergency department,also in the cancer unit friendly professional staff, super clean building
Great workplace environment and friendly staff
PCA (Patient Care Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTJune 25, 2019
Working at midstate never felt like a job. I loved going in every day. Staff and coworkers are all extremely friendly and welcoming. Management is easily accessible and cooperative to work with and help with any needs or concerns. Flexible hours. Highly recommend working here!!!
15 yrs working
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTMay 20, 2019
Working at Midstate medical center I have a great job see people go and come happy and sad at the end of the day that is life and I couldn't change anything I will do all over again it's a WONDERFUL place to work at
Over all great place to work
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTFebruary 23, 2019
I love the people I work with. Just looking for a change from management. There is a team culture. They live their leadership values and behaviors. It’s a great community hospital to work for.
Pros
People I work with
Cons
A lot of rapid change
I loved working there
Clinical Information Associate/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTJanuary 20, 2019
People were awesome i would love to go back , it’s why I’m seeking secretarial work again ... the bosses were nice and the people that came in were great
MidState was a progressive organization that sought to engage employees to a high degree.
Director of Financial Planning (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTDecember 18, 2018
MidState had good management training and provision for external professional seminars. It was progressive in using Baldridge concept to drive organization improvement.
N/a
Catering Associate (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTNovember 26, 2018
I enjoy working at midstate, the environment is quick the pay is good I’m looking for something for my days off at the hospital. I enjoy enteracting with people and conversing with others.
A great place to work the employees are very helpful as the staff also
Phyche dept (Former Employee) –  Meriden ConnecticutSeptember 7, 2018
Midstate is a great place to work, you can always advance, the staff there are great, always willing to help you out in any way they can, also there is room for advancement, Its just a wonderful place to work, the you get a wonderful feeling from helping people and when they're getting discharged to see how different they are from when they came in, the staff is very helpful and friendly
Patient care driven
LNA/MA (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, NHJuly 23, 2018
Enjoy the relationships built with patients , very compassionate providers, integrated mental health and substance use disorder treatment. Patients trust.
Pros
Monday through Friday work schedule
A good place to work
CCAU (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTJune 28, 2018
This is a good place to get exposure to many of the specialties that are available in the medical field.

This company is also great at promoting internally if a different position is available in another part of the hospital.
Pros
great sense of community in the work force
Cons
Lunches can be interrupted often
Great place to work and start a nursing career
CCAU/UNIT SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTJune 18, 2018
overall it is a great hospital to work for can be stressful at times but any floor I went to work on is a good nursing staff and management.
they help pay a little bit toward your tuition.
Professional, busy and customer focused healthcare business.
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTJune 3, 2018
A typical day at work involves interacting with patients from all different financial, social, and cultural backrounds, in an a very busy Emergency Department. It requires excellent customer service and computer skills and the ability to work quickly and accurately under stressful and sometimes chaotic circumstances. The hardest part of the job is dealing with patients in pain, or family members under tremendous stress because of the nature of the environment. The workplace culture is professional, and customer focused. The most enjoyable part of the job is the excellent support and teamwork among coworkers, and interacting with the patients, doctors and nurses.
Pros
Teamwork, the work environment and the challenge it presents.
Cons
Opportunity for advancement
busy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTMay 14, 2018
busy office-fast paced-busy phone lines-management was
lacking in support for office supervisor and staff-I learned that
being bi-lingual, which I am not, would be helpful.
Pros
enjoyed working with the immediate office staff
Cons
lacked support from management
Midstate Medical Center employee review
Clinical Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTMay 9, 2018
I have worked at Midstate for 15 years and I have to say that although the pay could be better, My co-workers are the best.
I have never had experienced such great team work at any other health care facility.
Pros
every 3rd weeked as opposed to every other
Cons
low pay, and terrible raises
Hardest working staff in the State
ER Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTApril 25, 2018
The ER was always slammed and very often understaffed, but we kept plugging away. If not for the teamwork many people would not be there now. Most CRL's were fantastic and Mgt was fair with all issues. Higher Mgt was never in touch with what really happens. Just because you come in scrubs doesn't mean you have a grip on the pulse of the Dept.The MD's and PA's are awesome and will teach if you ask. There are some very hard working professionals in this hospital, and every Dept works together to get the job done. Great place to work!
Meriden - Medsurge and OB Nurse (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTApril 21, 2018
Worked there for 28 years Worked medical surgical And newborn nursery Labor and delivery Also postpartum . A typical day we would receive our assignments anywhere up to 5 patients on days Always encouraging staff for educational experiences
Pros
3 days week to work
Cons
Had to be on call
a typical day
Surgical Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTApril 3, 2018
30 plus patients list covering multiple services, including general, thoracic, vascular, neurosurgery, orthopedics- to round and see, have OR starting at 7:30am- first assist in OR for cases and in between follow up on patients on the floor. Cover ER consults and any floor consults that may require bedside procedures. Work a 12 hour shift or cover till midnight to finish patient care.
Pros
great team work
Cons
jack of all trades, master of none
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTMarch 19, 2018
Midstate is a good place to work. Lately it has been very busy and crazy with a lot of people having the flu and respiratory issues. But it is rewarding at the end of the day helping the patients feel as much at home as possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MidState Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

MidState Medical Center Reviews by Location