MidState Medical Center Employee Reviews

a typical day
Surgical Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTApril 3, 2018
30 plus patients list covering multiple services, including general, thoracic, vascular, neurosurgery, orthopedics- to round and see, have OR starting at 7:30am- first assist in OR for cases and in between follow up on patients on the floor. Cover ER consults and any floor consults that may require bedside procedures. Work a 12 hour shift or cover till midnight to finish patient care.
Pros
great team work
Cons
jack of all trades, master of none
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTMarch 19, 2018
Midstate is a good place to work. Lately it has been very busy and crazy with a lot of people having the flu and respiratory issues. But it is rewarding at the end of the day helping the patients feel as much at home as possible.
Great clinical management team
Manager of Respiratory Services (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTFebruary 25, 2018
I enjoyed my 25 years at MidState and left for a new opportunity. The clinical management team was lead by a dynamic, energetic nurse who put patient care as her #1 priority.
Pros
Warm, caring environment
Cons
Staffing and resources were challenging
Good
Staff Nurse on Orthopedic unit (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTJanuary 5, 2018
Overall Midstate Medical Center is a good place to work. Coworkers' work together and most of the time patients are very satisficed with my care. On average I have enough time to provide necessary care that the patient require. I mostly work on surgical floor caring for post op patients, now I currently work on orthopedic unit, which is part of COI. I also float to other medical floors once a week, like telemetry, PCU-stepdown, ED, and other med-surg floors when we have low censes. I am people person where I connect with patient easily, cooperative, understanding, willing to learn, easy going, and most importantly I work as a team with other coworker to get work done. I do enjoy my job, my hours, and people I work with. I like learn more and further my career.
Is a good place to grow
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTNovember 30, 2017
is a challenge to work in a hospital. everyday that you go in, you learn something new about a patient and work experience. You get to work as a team work, never alone. Management always there to listen and try to do her best to work with you.
n/a
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTNovember 22, 2017
Get report, assess patients, dispense medication, go to huddle or team meeting, daily documentation, admissions, discharges, maintaining a clean enviornment
Fair experience
Clinical Professional Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  EducationNovember 20, 2017
Its more of a Hartford Healthcare experience now than any individual hospital. I have nothing terrible to say about MidState, staff is still maintaining the small hospital mentality and keeping those good characteristics
I enjoy working here
Console Attendant (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTNovember 5, 2017
I am per diem, I have been able to pick up additional hours; but not on a consistent basis. The people are nice, used to be a bit friendlier before larger hospital took over
good place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTJuly 24, 2017
i enjoyed my time at Midstate, but left due the shift i was hired for. people are good to work for and work as a team. clean environment and coworkers were helpful
Rn
Registered Nurse-Outpatient (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTMay 21, 2017
busy schedule
management is not familiar with the specific department needs and operations
culture has become negative overtime
hardest part was dealing with difficult physicians behavior
most enjoyable part was working with skilled nursing staff
Very poorly run ED/hospital
Emergency Room RN (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTJanuary 11, 2017
In the ED there is constantly a staffing shortage, management is never around to help when it is busy and charge nurses set people up to fail. You can never get time off without having to beg the scheduler or beg for favors from your co-workers. There is no sense of team between staff members. Often co-workers will watch each other drown when they are busy and overwhelmed. The pay is less than most other hospitals in the area. Benefits package is ok. There is no opportunity for advancement. Management does not encourage staff to go back to school and the scheduler gives you a hard time if you are going back to school and trying to balance work and school. I would not recommend this facility to anybody. I regret taking a job here.
Pros
Every third weekend and every third holiday
Cons
Often no break, unable to get time off, no team environment, poor scheduling
Great place for working mothers
ICU RN (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTDecember 12, 2016
Great group of nurses , very supportive of each other, great atmosphere to work, great for working mothers- flexible schedule,great teaching department and tuition reimbursement
Pros
Flexible self scheduing
Staff is really your only support
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTSeptember 24, 2016
Staff is really only support. Management is less than supportive of staff and are often not present during difficult times or when inadequately staffed. Also was not an environment that supported education and advancement.
Keeping the surgeons happy.
Clinical Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTDecember 4, 2015
Ensuring all patients proper paperwork has ben completed and updated prior to the next days surgery. This was a stressful environment yet everyone worked together greatly as a team. Great place to work. I was sorry to leave due to having to relocate.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
hours
Wonderful place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTFebruary 27, 2015
Beautiful community hospital with supportive management and staff that enjoys seeing each other succeed. The workload is heavy, but manageable. Overall the environment is pleasant and staff are friendly and appear happy with their jobs.
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
12 hour shifts
love what i do
ED Tech./Phlebotomy (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTNovember 16, 2014
detailed pt. care , assisting Dr. and nurses with all care, going above and beyond with all duties
Fun place to work
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTNovember 4, 2014
Great place to call home for a career. Plenty of growth opportunities
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Cafeteria food not good
Excellent place to work
Clinical Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTOctober 7, 2014
Kind staff with patient centered care.
12 Hour work days
great management
Pros
work every third weekend
Cons
12hr work shifts
tough
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTSeptember 12, 2014
This is great place to work with your fellow employees, but the money is not worth the headache. Management is non existant
Midstate is great
ED Technician (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTAugust 20, 2014
I really enjoy working at Midstate. I was new to healthcare, and they really put in the time to make sure I was comfortable with my job before they put me out on the floor by myself. It was really great of Midstate to give someone with no healthcare experience a chance, because most hospitals look for multiple years of experience. The management team is really approachable, and the co-workers are friendly and nice to be around. The hardest part of the job is the long hours (mostly 12 hour shifts), but this is normal for a hospital setting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MidState Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

MidState Medical Center Reviews by Location