MidState Medical Center Employee Reviews

Patient care driven
LNA/MA (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, NHJuly 23, 2018
Enjoy the relationships built with patients , very compassionate providers, integrated mental health and substance use disorder treatment. Patients trust.
Pros
Monday through Friday work schedule
A good place to work
CCAU (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTJune 28, 2018
This is a good place to get exposure to many of the specialties that are available in the medical field.

This company is also great at promoting internally if a different position is available in another part of the hospital.
Pros
great sense of community in the work force
Cons
Lunches can be interrupted often
Great place to work and start a nursing career
CCAU/UNIT SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTJune 18, 2018
overall it is a great hospital to work for can be stressful at times but any floor I went to work on is a good nursing staff and management.
they help pay a little bit toward your tuition.
Professional, busy and customer focused healthcare business.
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTJune 3, 2018
A typical day at work involves interacting with patients from all different financial, social, and cultural backrounds, in an a very busy Emergency Department. It requires excellent customer service and computer skills and the ability to work quickly and accurately under stressful and sometimes chaotic circumstances. The hardest part of the job is dealing with patients in pain, or family members under tremendous stress because of the nature of the environment. The workplace culture is professional, and customer focused. The most enjoyable part of the job is the excellent support and teamwork among coworkers, and interacting with the patients, doctors and nurses.
Pros
Teamwork, the work environment and the challenge it presents.
Cons
Opportunity for advancement
busy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTMay 14, 2018
busy office-fast paced-busy phone lines-management was
lacking in support for office supervisor and staff-I learned that
being bi-lingual, which I am not, would be helpful.
Pros
enjoyed working with the immediate office staff
Cons
lacked support from management
Midstate Medical Center employee review
Clinical Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTMay 9, 2018
I have worked at Midstate for 15 years and I have to say that although the pay could be better, My co-workers are the best.
I have never had experienced such great team work at any other health care facility.
Pros
every 3rd weeked as opposed to every other
Cons
low pay, and terrible raises
Hardest working staff in the State
ER Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTApril 25, 2018
The ER was always slammed and very often understaffed, but we kept plugging away. If not for the teamwork many people would not be there now. Most CRL's were fantastic and Mgt was fair with all issues. Higher Mgt was never in touch with what really happens. Just because you come in scrubs doesn't mean you have a grip on the pulse of the Dept.The MD's and PA's are awesome and will teach if you ask. There are some very hard working professionals in this hospital, and every Dept works together to get the job done. Great place to work!
Meriden - Medsurge and OB Nurse (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTApril 21, 2018
Worked there for 28 years Worked medical surgical And newborn nursery Labor and delivery Also postpartum . A typical day we would receive our assignments anywhere up to 5 patients on days Always encouraging staff for educational experiences
Pros
3 days week to work
Cons
Had to be on call
a typical day
Surgical Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTApril 3, 2018
30 plus patients list covering multiple services, including general, thoracic, vascular, neurosurgery, orthopedics- to round and see, have OR starting at 7:30am- first assist in OR for cases and in between follow up on patients on the floor. Cover ER consults and any floor consults that may require bedside procedures. Work a 12 hour shift or cover till midnight to finish patient care.
Pros
great team work
Cons
jack of all trades, master of none
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTMarch 19, 2018
Midstate is a good place to work. Lately it has been very busy and crazy with a lot of people having the flu and respiratory issues. But it is rewarding at the end of the day helping the patients feel as much at home as possible.
Great clinical management team
Manager of Respiratory Services (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTFebruary 25, 2018
I enjoyed my 25 years at MidState and left for a new opportunity. The clinical management team was lead by a dynamic, energetic nurse who put patient care as her #1 priority.
Pros
Warm, caring environment
Cons
Staffing and resources were challenging
Good
Staff Nurse on Orthopedic unit (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTJanuary 5, 2018
Overall Midstate Medical Center is a good place to work. Coworkers' work together and most of the time patients are very satisficed with my care. On average I have enough time to provide necessary care that the patient require. I mostly work on surgical floor caring for post op patients, now I currently work on orthopedic unit, which is part of COI. I also float to other medical floors once a week, like telemetry, PCU-stepdown, ED, and other med-surg floors when we have low censes. I am people person where I connect with patient easily, cooperative, understanding, willing to learn, easy going, and most importantly I work as a team with other coworker to get work done. I do enjoy my job, my hours, and people I work with. I like learn more and further my career.
Is a good place to grow
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTNovember 30, 2017
is a challenge to work in a hospital. everyday that you go in, you learn something new about a patient and work experience. You get to work as a team work, never alone. Management always there to listen and try to do her best to work with you.
n/a
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTNovember 22, 2017
Get report, assess patients, dispense medication, go to huddle or team meeting, daily documentation, admissions, discharges, maintaining a clean enviornment
Fair experience
Clinical Professional Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  EducationNovember 20, 2017
Its more of a Hartford Healthcare experience now than any individual hospital. I have nothing terrible to say about MidState, staff is still maintaining the small hospital mentality and keeping those good characteristics
I enjoy working here
Console Attendant (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTNovember 5, 2017
I am per diem, I have been able to pick up additional hours; but not on a consistent basis. The people are nice, used to be a bit friendlier before larger hospital took over
good place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTJuly 24, 2017
i enjoyed my time at Midstate, but left due the shift i was hired for. people are good to work for and work as a team. clean environment and coworkers were helpful
Rn
Registered Nurse-Outpatient (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTMay 21, 2017
busy schedule
management is not familiar with the specific department needs and operations
culture has become negative overtime
hardest part was dealing with difficult physicians behavior
most enjoyable part was working with skilled nursing staff
Very poorly run ED/hospital
Emergency Room RN (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTJanuary 11, 2017
In the ED there is constantly a staffing shortage, management is never around to help when it is busy and charge nurses set people up to fail. You can never get time off without having to beg the scheduler or beg for favors from your co-workers. There is no sense of team between staff members. Often co-workers will watch each other drown when they are busy and overwhelmed. The pay is less than most other hospitals in the area. Benefits package is ok. There is no opportunity for advancement. Management does not encourage staff to go back to school and the scheduler gives you a hard time if you are going back to school and trying to balance work and school. I would not recommend this facility to anybody. I regret taking a job here.
Pros
Every third weekend and every third holiday
Cons
Often no break, unable to get time off, no team environment, poor scheduling
Great place for working mothers
ICU RN (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTDecember 12, 2016
Great group of nurses , very supportive of each other, great atmosphere to work, great for working mothers- flexible schedule,great teaching department and tuition reimbursement
Pros
Flexible self scheduing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MidState Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about