Midtown Home Improvements

Midtown Home Improvements Employee Reviews

United States22 reviews
This company literally saved my life. I was in a dark place in life and they saw my potential. They gave me guidance both personally and professionally. I love coming to work everyday! The leadership team is great and their trust in the employees streams throughout. I Would highly recommend working here to anyone!
The company is very much about developing it's people. It's about total accountability, hitting your goals and enjoying the here and now. Positive encouragement is a big part of the Midtown Culture.
I came to Midtown about 5 years ago and have never had the thought of leaving this amazing place. I have grown tremendously over that time and have brought myself up in life more than i could have ever expected. I see a bright future with Midtown and consider this not to be a job but a career for myself.
Midtown Home Improvements is by far the best company I have ever worked for. The people I work with are like my family away from home. It is a high energy, positive culture that makes you grow as a person and as a professional. Midtown is the place to work if you like to be active and competitive. The products Midtown uses are top of the line and the pay is amazing. When you work at Midtown, you can really tell that they put people before making money, and the company grows because of this.
This company is laid back, the job is easy and the people are very friendly. It is family owned and operated and they value good customer service. They are rapidly growing as well.
Working at Midtown is amazing! The atmosphere and culture is like no other. They are a family friendly company and put people first before themselves. I have changed and became a better person because of this company and continue to see myself grow here! Great company to work for and highly recommend you give them a shot for company employment. The training and way they teach you about life is amazingly thought out well. They provide amazing quality home improvement projects while creating raving fans. Cant say enough about this company!
From the top to bottom, if you don't align with the culture... You'll quickly find yourself in odd positions. No matter how well your performing. But those with more "acceptance" are promoted and constantly forgiven
Great company with correct core values. They promote from within and believe in growing each individual in the company. Great stepping stone due to the information they provide.
They micromanage you, you’re paid $9 an hour with no benefits, commission is only a very small percentage. Management doesn’t care about you but you do get 15 minute breaks every hour and a half
Owner was not honest and never there. Getting time off is like pulling teeth without novocaine. Works you nonstop with no overtime pay. Manager ran meeting like a cult. Trained us to be high pressure sales.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Midtown Home Improvements?
I would say that midtown home improvements is good for young high school people or people that are looking for a part time job I would say they are not good at career advancement.
While I learned through my years working here, I learned so much from this company. Told me to read some books on sales and helped me grow in those areas accordingly. I learned everything I know from sales thanks to this company.
Super fun and energetic sales environment. Tons of company value and integrity. Never a dull moment in the office and a great opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Outdoors, face to face. Direct marketing
Cons
Late hours lots of driving
The office culture is better here than anywhere else I’ve worked. It’s a smaller company, so everyone knows each other and gets along well. I enjoy coming to work.
Pros
Monthly lunches
I Love working for Midtown Home Improvements! Fun work environment & atmosphere. My days are always busy, but there is always someone willing to help if I need it. Management is great at showing their appreciation for a job well done. And the benefits are amazing!
Working at Midtown Home Improvements is great for anyone who is looking to further themselves in sales, marketing, and customer service. Everyday brings great challenges, and Midtown has some great core values followed by all. Growth Oriented, Posotive Character, Initiative, Dedication, Trust, and Gratitude
Pros
401k match, paid time off, health insurance
Midtown home improvments has been a great job for me. I had many mentors for myself that I have seen get promoted and are doing very successful . It is a fun organization to work for and job advancement is all on your self. Have fun while working there because it is a job for you if you love people and love making money.
Pros
Short shift, job advancement, coworkers
Cons
Cold weather or hot weather
I really like to be involved in a sales type job so I really enjoyed the job that I had. Everyone was very nice and friendly. There was a good work ethic that people had and that is what I like to surround myself with.
Pros
Fun workplace, hard workers
Cons
The way some of the commission or bonuses were handled
I make and recieve phone calls for home improvements. i learned to communicate with prospective customers. There are no benefits. work place culture was good.
This company has great compensations plans. The culture is very upbeat and motivating. STL Post Dispatch top workplaces 2015, 2016. Strong leadership.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
I work two different positions in the course of my career at Midtown I was a canvasser for a little over a year and then for the remainder of my tenure I was a telemarketer which I enjoyed much more, on a typical day I would talk to anywhere from 80-200 customers and set anywhere for 1-7 leads for sales pitches. I learned how to help people budget and finance projects, how to talk to people in a way that they felt as though they could talk to me truthfully about their financial situations, and how to accept rejection with poise. The management was very supportive and encouraging. My co-workers were always respectful and willing to help me learn new things to better myself at my job. The hardest part of the job for canvassing was walking all day, and for telemarketing was days that were slow that none answered the phone. the best part of the job for both positions was productive days and a nurturing work environment.
Pros
great people, learning good people skills
Cons
rejection, disgruntled customers