Midwest Dairy Transport, LLC Employee Reviews

Midwest dairy transport
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Coopersville, MISeptember 28, 2019
Don’t treat employees fairly, and they underpaid some of the mechanics. Very dirty working conditions. Management at the time I worked there was not professional.
Pros
Cons
Underpays
Good driving job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Coopersville, MIFebruary 6, 2019
I enjoyed my time with the company. I left only due to finding a driving job with a little more pay that got me home every night.

There seemed to be more work than drivers-if you want to make money it is definitely available.

Good equipment, trucks were all taken care and some were close to new.

Dispatch was easy to deal with and I never had a bad interaction.

If my current job ever fell apart I would go back.
Pros
Nice equipment, pay was fair, nice bonuses for driving like you should
Cons
Long hours, waiting at the dairy sometimes a very long time, not home much if you want to make a nice salary.
Mdt sucks
Dairy Driver (Former Employee) –  Coopersville, MIDecember 5, 2018
not a good place to work for,they tell you one thing and then they do another,the three stooges of dispatcher have favoritism to some drivers so you get the unwanted runs
Pros
no pros
Cons
just sucks
Official response from Midwest Dairy Transport, LLC
January 22, 2019

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with our company. The best thing would have been to bring this to our attention instead of bad mouthing us. We strive to achieve a work environment that is ideal for all of our drivers and office staff alike. Personally I don't think I could have came to work for a better place, but don't take my word for it, ask our staff and drivers.

Overall a good place to work
Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  Coopersville, MIApril 9, 2018
Small company, works hard to do what is right for the employees and by what should be done based upon regulations. They provide good equipement and do what it takes to keep it that way. The nature of the business makes for long hours but the compensation is fair. Not the best but definitely not the worst. A hard worker can easily make 60K a year as a driver.
Pros
Plenty of work, Good people in the office that care!!!
Cons
Insurance is EXPENSIVE!, Schedule is always changing
Great place to work!
Recruiter/Safety (Current Employee) –  Coopersville, MIMarch 16, 2018
Midwest Dairy Transport will serve its Farms, Co-ops and Customers with Integrity and attention to detail. We will be punctual, even-tempered, prepared and true craftsmen at our chosen trade. Midwest Dairy Transport will be safe and follow the laws and rules of the land.

Midwest Dairy Transport will provide a safe and family-friendly work environment for all.

We will treat our employees like they make our wages because they do.

Midwest Dairy Transport will never stop trying to be better.

We will raise the bar in our Industry and be a good example to others while we honor our God in all we do.
Not your typical truck driving company
HOS Manager (Current Employee) –  Coopersville, MIMarch 16, 2018
Small enough to care about the individual but big enough to drive new equipment. If you work hard and communicate well, the sky is the limit. They take care of those who take care of them.
Pros
Friendly management
Cons
Not sure what you're doing tomorrow until 5pm sometimes
Productive, fast-paced, fun place to work.
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Coopersville, MIJune 30, 2016
Recruiter for Midwest Dairy Transport and Midwest Direct.

I have learned much about the trucking industry but with so many regulations I am far from knowing it all. However, in my department, (SAFETY DEPT) someone always has the right answer and there is never any second guessing.

My co-workers are one in a million and we always try to have each others back while having a little fun.

The hardest part of the job, is the drivers themselves working 14hr days. ( they are long days) but most seem to like the rewards.

We all know here at MDT that none of us make a dime until the driver turns a tire. We do our best to keep them happy, healthy, and satisfied with their job in whatever way we can.

This is not your average company, you will not find greed at any level here. The wealth is always shared! This is what makes MDT the BEST company to work for!
Pros
Co-workers, Cook-outs, brain storming, interviews, time goes quickly
Cons
Tough to take vacs
Reliable with miles for drivers
(MDT) Feed Driver (Current Employee) –  Coopersville, MIJuly 8, 2013
Company promises all benefits when hired after 90 days, no benefits are offered to any employees since the company just does not have them.
I can rely on a weekly paycheck but the pay is minimal as if I were a new driver.
Pros
Availability to Milleage
Cons
No Benefits (401K, Pto, or Affordable Health Insurance
Official response from Midwest Dairy Transport, LLC
February 26, 2018

MIDWEST COMPANIES

Now offers: Blue Care Network, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Safety bonus, Vacation pay and more.
MDT revamped everything from the ground up in 2013! Come see for yourself, or better yet, talk to our drivers! They are the best judge!

Midwest Companies