Midwest Dental Employee Reviews

This place is your typical Corporate dental office-
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 22, 2018
Understaffed, the front desk girl asked for help repeatedly and never got it! The work environment sucks, the Upper Management is no help at all, paperwork is absurd and the only thing they care about is money!!! Run and when you think you can’t run anymore run faster.. I’ve been gone for months and couldn’t be happier
review
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mondovi, WIOctober 24, 2018
Working in a small town and you have managers that are from that small town they are intimidated and unable to preform the way they should. I found being a insurance specialist one of the easiest jobs I have ever done. I feel the manager was lacking in her confidence in what she did and never stepped up to be a manager. I feel expectations were different pending on who you are.
Cons
management
Awesome place to work
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, ILOctober 23, 2018
I have worked for Midwest Dental for almost 2 years. I do quite a bit of traveling for the company. I enjoy the fact being able to travel to other offices and help where I can. The compensation is fantastic. Benefits are awesome if you have a family. Management is fantastic from Office level to upper management. Flexibility is fantastic and they work with you to help you be the best you can be. They offer many opportunities for cross-training in different areas or departments. This is definitely a company who does their absolute best and caring for their patients and their staff. With this company there is always an opportunity for advancement.
Dental hygienist
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Southwick, MASeptember 19, 2018
I’ve been with Midwest for about 5 months and love my job! I previously worked for a different corporate dentist and it is nothing like that. I have adequate time for my patients, no double booking, and amazing support from all of the team (Doctor, fellow hygienist, dental assistants and front desk team). This office treats everyone as family and my office manager is very caring. We are all able to take time off or adjust our schedule, as needed (within reason), to accommodate our family lives without feeling guilty. It’s great to actually want to go to work!
Hygienist - Bristol, CT
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTSeptember 18, 2018
The Bristol, CT location is a wonderful place to work. Excellent office manager, overall entire staff is very friendly. Typically work from 7-9 hours daily 4 days a week. Both dentists in the practice are wonderful and truly care about each patients needs. Flexible schedule for those who need any time off to care for loved ones. If working full time, dental benefits are included in a package along with accrued PTO.
Pros
Always get lunch breaks
Cons
unpaid holidays
Lack of Advancement
Professional Service Representative (Current Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 10, 2018
Dental program and computers always slow, under staffed, not paid enough for what is expected. No room for advancement. Would not recommend working for Midwest Dental
Pros
I like the people I work with and the patients
Cons
Under staffed, under paid, dental program and computers slow
good place to work
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIJuly 27, 2018
overall good place to work, hours get to be long sometimes with emergencies (expeced in this field)
overall management is good and hours are good.
co-workers are friendly and helpful
Avoid
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midwest DerbyJuly 8, 2018
Unfortunately I chose to leave due to lack of communication within the practice. I worked with the company for 7 months. Shortly after starting when I had found out that your PTO was to be used to cover holidays, as they are not paid to you, that was not going to allow any sick time or vacation time. You sign an agreement to work 40hrs, fulltime. But whenever the doctor is off you are to take off, if the office is closed you are forced to take leave. You end up losing money and vacation by this. Not worth it. I've been in the field 20yrs now and never have I had been lied to or information withheld from you in the interview etc. No staff meetings, communication is terrible, drama is not dealt with or allowed, scheduling appointments and saying yes to patients because it's "Production" yet patient quality care and their time is sacrificed because the practice wants to get the patients in no matter what. My advice is if you have other options seek those first before accepting the role with Midwest Dental. Compensation does not cover the loss of paid holidays, and the extra time off during the year the office takes.
Cons
Overworked, quality patient care at risk, poor communication, no follow through, no paid holidays, PTO is vacation and sick pay combined
For a professional position this place is a joke
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIJuly 1, 2018
Management is the biggest quack ever and only they are right. Always being sent home if it’s slow which is daily. Asked to do things after hours and not be paid. No paid holidays. Benefits are better at your average minimum wage paying job. Insurance is not affordable. Out Christmas bonus was like a $200 check that was split amongst everyone. So each got about $33. Management does not keep you informed of upcoming changes. They are in charge of your PTO. So if the Dr takes a day off, management will make you use your PTO for that. Pay is on the lowest side of dentistry by about $9 per hour. If you give your opinion it’s considered as insubordination and ones have been terminated for that. High turn over in dentist and they do not keep you informed of the changes which results in patient decline and lack of work. In my 11 years of working in dentistry this is the worst place I have been at by far.
Pros
One hour lunch.
Cons
If it’s slow you have to punch out, nonpaid holidays, poor incentives, lack of communication
Worst place to work
REGISTERED DENTAL HYGIENIST (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 14, 2018
The company is production driver! They do not care about their employees hence the hugh turnover rate! Too much mincromangaing and not letting the doctor chose for themselves
Management is a joke
Dental Assistant, RDA (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAJune 7, 2018
My manager was NOT good and when this was brought to the attention of the superior managers nothing was done. I was forced to leave due to lack of manager accountability. And I absolutely loved the office and the company I worked for everything they stood for was something I could get behind but when my manager started attacking me nothing was done. very disappointing.
dental assistant
Lead Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 21, 2018
I have become very dishearted with the company. They are very money driven and not employee focused. Their employees are not valued for their loyalty or experience. They are constantly under staffed due to corporate lack of being in reality of what day to day clinic life is like.
Pros
excellent dental benefits
Cons
no holiday pay, no clothing allowance even though scrubs are mandatory along with OSHA approved shoes.
Poor management
Logistics - Warehouse coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 8, 2018
Did not like working at this job at all. Very rude and disrespectful place to work at with a lot of unfair treatment. I would not recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
unorganized
Reception/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WI 53511May 3, 2018
To much drama to deal with for the pay and drive. Nothing was getting accomplished. Don't believe the respect and care of dentist to patients was truthful
All in the family
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 1, 2018
Everyone has affairs with each other and they gossip all the time. Most everyone is kin to each other and if you aren't then you're an outsider. The ladies do not accept new women coming in.
Stressful
FREE LANCE DENTAL OFFICE CONSULTING (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 20, 2018
Nice but stressful environment, staff very helpful, company growing to fast for the inside to support that growth. Overall a good place to work, nice people.
IT Technician
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIApril 14, 2018
I have work at Midwest Dental a while. But recently finally quit after searching for a new job for a while. The pay is not great compare to other jobs around the area considering the job title, which should be a professional job. The title IT Technician is really just a call center position. You are on the phone pretty much from the time you walk in until the time you leave. They will straight up tell you this position is a entry level position hint why the pay is so little. You WILL no make 33-40k(28-32k is pretty where you start out at). You pretty much never have any PTO as it is earn very very slowly. The Heath benefits is not that good either. BUT you do have free dental so take it if you can.
On more of a IT side of things. You have very little control in Active Directory and can only do one thing. Only control you have is to reset passwords. THAT'S it. You can't create, add role groups etc. You are pretty much picking up calls and helping clinics fix local pc issues,ISP connection issues, and proprietary software. Also you do configure sonic walls. You really dont have much management in the system you cant even clear out old computer names so you have to title the new one pc a different name. hmmm..thats about it besides picking up calls when your there. Overall if i was to have the title of an IT Technician as the title states, I would assume that the position would have more management abilities to control things within the network.
In my eyes its really just a call center position and upper level people there will tell you the same thing as well. They have
  more... a pretty high turn over ratio for this position, they come and go pretty much.
Overall a good place to get started IF you just graduated or looking for a job, not a career.
Pros
its a job
Cons
healthcare, No real IT experience, call center
Long Days
DENTAL INSURANCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Mondovi, WIMarch 19, 2018
I have learned how to do a lot of new stuff at the Midwest dental support center but working there in my opinion is so boring. It is slow paced and just feels like you are cooped up when in work. The enjoyable part is when you get to have team meetings so your eyes get a break from staring at the computer screen.
No one has a clue
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 28, 2018
On how to run a call center there have been over 8-12 employees quit only a couple fired in less than 1year as far as customer service reps. If your looking for a job they will hire anyone to work in there call center experience or not i don't even think you need a GED or if you have court issues they'll love you. You will be paid less than what your worth if you have experience. No holiday pay a lot of broken promises dont expect growth seriously its not together at all
Pros
It's in the cities
Cons
No holiday pay, no proper training, unprofessional, no growth, managers with no real call center experience, HIGH TURN OVER even the dentist leaves the director left within 6months of starting
It's okay
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  WisconsinFebruary 25, 2018
In a PSR role, they're willing to give you any time off you need, it's just that most of it is unpaid. There are no raises for good work or adding value to your office - just potentially a small yearly raise that's no more than 2%. They do pay higher than many companies for a PSR, but the lack of opportunity for raises doesn't give you much incentive to perform better or work harder. There's a 2% match on 401K, which again, is great, but since the overall pay isn't high, it doesn't add up to much. Health insurance is expensive. There is very little opportunity for advancement. Some of the doctors are very demanding, which can make them harder to work with, but most are fantastic. Because regional management is spread too thin, there isn't enough oversight at individual offices and one poor manager and ruin an office (not performing their duties and keeping office from bonus, micromanaging, coming and going and not working their required hours, etc) There are bonuses for hitting goals each quarter.
Pros
You can take off all the time you need, work isn't difficult, certain Doctors are phenomenal to work with, willing to hire without dental experience and train you in the industry
Cons
No raises, few opportunities to advance, no vacation/sick time (all PTO that you accrue at a dismal rate)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midwest Dental. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about