Midwest Family of Companies Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
RN for Private Duty Nursing
Private RN (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHAugust 14, 2018
I worked in the Wooster Ohio area as an RN. Full time and then PRN. I always felt supported and cared for by management and my direct supervisors. They took the time to check on me and cared about me as a person. I felt that if there was an area I needed to improve in my job, they approached me respectfully and were very constructive. If I am ever living in the area again, I will be sure to reach out and ask for employment. Great place to work!
They worked me to death
House manager (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHApril 29, 2018
I was there around the clock. could never see my kids or do anything. Was always doing something wrong. My boss was a joke she should have been let go.
Great clients but expect to be overworked and underpaid
MANAGER/DIRECT CARE STAFF (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHMarch 26, 2018
this job will make you fall in love with the clients you care for and it is very very rewarding but this is a job where you can trust no one, expect to work way more than you wanted to and be unappreciated also by management. Just because people claim to be good Christian people does NOT mean that they are. This is a job when they ask you to be salary you have to say no because the direct care staff under you will work just as much as you do and make more because they are not salary.
Pros
Clients who become like family and it very rewarding
Cons
poor management, low pay, long hours, bad communication
Good learning experience
RESIDENTIAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHMarch 14, 2018
With years of experience heading into this job opportunity, I knew what to expect. The clients are one in a million. There are things I would change as far as the organization, however; the most rewarding part is working with the individuals and making a difference in their life. Grateful for the opportunity to get to know everyone and gain more knowledge and experience in this field.
Shady and greedy agency
Former member (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHMarch 7, 2018
This agency does not care about its clients just about money. They will lie there teeth off just to make a buck. They do not follow laws. Staff says inappropriate things about the individuals. Owners are very greedy and managers don't care about abything and Make up lies. No home life. You give them your all and that is not good enough.
Cons
Every thing
Rewarding job with training
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 7, 2018
I started my career with Midwest as a direct care staff and absolutely loved it. I loved the individuals I took care and felt like I truly made a difference in their lives. After almost 2 years I got promoted to a house manager and I regret that decision. I was not fully trained for the position and the manager that trained me did some things that made me question the company ethics (that manager is no longer there). I was on call nearly 24/7 and became beyond physically drained. It broke my heart to leave but I needed to put my health and happiness first. Once I became salary I did the calculations with my hours and was making well below minimum wage. I’d recommend the job as a direct care staff not a manager
Pros
Loving individuals, great training, eye opening, fun, very rewarding
Cons
Terrible hours as a manager, low pay, exposed to illness/violence
Managment sucks
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHMarch 2, 2018
The worst management I've ever worked for. My supervisor lied about a few things and no-one seemed to care. The clients were great I got very close to them. They will hire anyone. Staff will sleep all day and not do anything.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Low pay lack of care.
productive and enjoy helping people help them selves
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, OHFebruary 27, 2018
It is a awarding company to work for because you help others go for there future goals in life and I can help them do that.I enjoyed working with the clients with helping them with what they needed help with.
Pros
have all the equitment to work with with and all the supplies that we need
Cons
there is none
Had a excellent experience
Temporary Habilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHFebruary 19, 2018
I worked 50 plus hours per week due to employees quitting and call offs. I learned many things working with the 5 clients. I enjoyed every part of my job.
Pros
working with people with disabilities
Cons
no family time.
Very enjoyable and rewarding place to work. I LOVE IT!!!
Program Coordinator 2nd Shift. (Current Employee) –  Licking County, OHFebruary 5, 2018
I have only been employed here for 3 months and I love it more every day! The individuals are wonderful. The atmosphere, for the most part is enjoyable and fun.
I have an amazing supervisor who is extremely helpful and always there for me when I need and ask for help. I have felt very welcome here since my interview for employment.
My co workers and staff on my shift and 1st shift are great as well.
Midwest Community is a WONDERFUL place to work!
Pros
Generous Company. Great Benefits.
Cons
I can not think of one thing bad to say about this company.
Midwest Community Day Service - Fun Place to Work
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHFebruary 5, 2018
A typical day at Midwest consists of caring for individuals that sometime lack the skills to care for themselves. Your role as a direct care worker is to be an asset to those around you.
You run transportation and pick up individuals. Once you pick them up you bring them back to day service and instruct them on what projects they will be working on for the day. Then depending on the calendar, you will go out to eat, shopping or some other fun activity.
On occasion, you may need to assist a person in the restroom and help clean up the facility after a days work.
You learn something new, EVERY DAY!
The hardest part of the job would be that you get very attached to those you work with. Of course the same aspect, they are also the most enjoyable!!
Pros
Great People you engage with, Great team to work with!
Cons
Sometimes you can get stressed, but what job don't you get stressed at?
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJanuary 31, 2018
I love working for this company. I been with this company for 3 years! The management is amazing and always works with you. Great hours and benefits! I love my job
Pros
Sick time, vacation time
Back Again
Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  Licking County, OHJanuary 27, 2018
This is my 3rd time back. 2nd time as Residential Manager and once as direct care. Most people write negative views cause they don't get their way or follow the establisbed rules. In the dd field we are governed by the State of Ohio and County Boards along with the agencies rules. Some feel their ways are better and ignore the rules which create issues and cause personnel problems.

The agency has issues with fair pay, training and communication. If you care for the individuals, this is a good place. If you care for a pay check, keep looking.
Pros
Individuals
Cons
Pay
Owners are not very smart and not intouch wit reality
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Licking County, OHJanuary 23, 2018
The Regional Director runs a cliquish office and hires family and literally scares people into worshipping her. You get called 24/7 and are bullied into doing things you dont want to do. You are threatened to kerp quiet and the owners ignore complaints. They dont care about the employees working 60 plus hours a week or clients who get sub standard care. The owners are a joke.
Cons
60 plus work weeks. Immature trashy people in the office who are all friends or related
Do not do it
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Licking County, OHJanuary 15, 2018
Horrible company to work for. The PCs treat everyone under them like total dirt! If you take a job here prepare to no longer see your family, be disprespected, and be miserable. I know many people who feel the same way about this place. Just stay away! They seem very caring and structured but it’s actually a disaster all the way from staffing to corporate. Mind you don’t ever try to call corporate if a higher up is stepping on your toes - you will be fired!
Pros
Clients
Cons
Hours, higher ups, pay
Loved My Individuals ❤
Residental Manager (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHJanuary 13, 2018
I was a residential manager. I worked alot of hours for not enough money. Its salary pay. Never had a day off, on call 24/7. Work in extremely demanding but very rewarding. I loved the work. If Midwest adjusted their pay and did a rotating schedule for home managers, i would be back in a heart beat. The PC's are amazing with helping the managers out. But when you're short staffed ALL THE TIME, there is only so much you can do.
Pros
Individuals, Vacation
Cons
Long hours, low pay
not bad if your not a manager
manager (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHNovember 20, 2017
not a bad place,I was a manager constantly on call.No home life
Asked my pc for a day off with a 30 day notice,was told no due to lack of staffing. Worked a double staff home by myself a few times.Not safe for the individuals nor my self.
Quit working in Sept and still have not recieved my last paycheck.
Left several voice mails for payroll and still has not returned any of my calls
Pros
love this kind of job, Love helping others
Cons
poor pay, ungodly amount of hours, always on call, No home life
very relaxing place to work
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHNovember 15, 2017
I worked the night shift, so the individuals would be sleep. I would cook breakfast around 5:30am. They would come out around 6:30 and after breakfast i would pass out their meds and get them ready for work. I clean up any mess that i made or them and help them with changing clothes and putting om their shoes. I would help them outside when there ride would pull up. I then finish up any chores i would have left, making sure all lights were turned out, dinner for the night got thawed out and doors were looked.
fun place to work but no home life
Direct Care Staff/ med spec (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHNovember 15, 2017
worked there for almost a yr was amazing place to work but so many hours no home life at all supervisors are amazing individuals were great worked with some individuals that got abusive but was still a nice place to work even tho the pay sucked for all the stuff you had to do
Pros
amazing people
Cons
pay
Licking county dayhab
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHOctober 26, 2017
Loved working with the individuals but the management at the dayhab is horrible.The director on the Health side doesn’t care how you are treated. They fire people over stuff they don’t do. They fire the good employees over nonsense and keep the staff who constantly call off and aren’t reliable
Pros
Individuals
Cons
Everything but the individuals