MIDWEST GLASS FABRICATORS Employee Reviews

Dont care about anything other then making money
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Highland, MISeptember 25, 2019
I have worked here a long time and it's awful. Managment just gets better at feeding the owners lies day by day. Management team is awful they only know how to punish people and are extremely lazy, self centered, out for themselves. You will eventually get talked down to like a dog or a slave. Very dangerous and people get hurt all the time. I have watched multiple people get critical injuries and they just keep pushing production they care about nothing or nobody but money will watch everyone person burn if it means another dollar in there pocket
Not an ideal job
Truck Loader (Former Employee) –  Highland, MIJune 30, 2019
Hours are long, management can be aholes at times. Was let go because someone was rushing and glass was broken, not given a verbal or written final warning.
Pros
Paycheck
Decent place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Highland, MIApril 15, 2019
Was an okay place to work, very little room for advancement, salary was not enough to live on. Management was okay there is room for improvement. Not very many days off in a year
no mgmt
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Highland, MIApril 4, 2019
there is little to no management or direction, egos get in the way of work daily... there are few friends to be had when everyone is just looking to point a finger in your direction. serious issues here, please look elsewhere.
Worse company to work for!
Glass Cutter (Current Employee) –  Highland, MIMarch 28, 2019
You are expected to work long hours and non stop work. Picking up heavy glass non stop for 10+ hours a day. Poor equipment that maintenance is slow to fix. Takes weeks to fix a simple issue. Issues are severe enough where you are risking your own life and others in the gernal area with the suction cups. Every working place is a hazard and held together by tape and zipties. Example of the poor quilty of the areas being "fixed" we have big racks our 204x130 jumbo sheet sit on. Holding over 100,000 lbs of glass per side. They didnt square away the frame before welding. They also didnt clean up the area to be welded. They welded onto paint. The shop is very very dirty. You can go to certain areas and see over one inch of glass dust sitting on areas. The air is poor. You're breathing in dust all day and will every day blow out black stuff out of your nose. It is very hot. In the summer time it is like walking into a oven. You have to wear kevlar gear on top of it. Easily can reach 120 in the summer. And they expect you to go go go during the summer months when they are the busiest. No breaks. You slip on glass due to having to run around keeping up with demand. Half the time the over head cranes done work or are smoking so with hauling jumbos you need an over head crane and for the past 3 weeks had one crane ( out of 2) and they expect the same work finished with half the crucial equipment required to get the job done. 80-90% of the employees there are on drugs. People passing out at there machines. Tell supervisors and all they do is tell them to get the work done. Puts everyone  more... else in the general area in danger. People pass out in the road and od nearly weekly. Asked upper management what there plan was for that as to people are over dosing at work and people are dying of heroin left and right. None. They do not enforce there drug testing. Management is a joke. They keep buddies and fire anyone else. I have worked for over four years here and it got to the point where I gave up trying to learn the new people's names because the turn around rate is extremely high. Drugs are being sold in the parking lot and on the shop floor. Pills, heroin, weed, and whatever you can think. Night shift will be drunk on the job nearly every night. The product that gets shipped out of the door is poor. I've seen personally terrible product leave the shop. They say just send it to hit there numbers. I will save you the trouble. Do not work for this company. You will either get injured, fired, or just flat out quit due to the unsafe working environment.  less
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Work environment. Heat, managment, drugs, not safe
don't do it
Operator oven (Former Employee) –  Milford, MIDecember 5, 2018
This is the worst place you will ever work and anyone that says different is full of you no what and they no it no one here is happy and the turn around of people is very high for a reason
Pros
Cons
to many to list
Good Company, Good People
Sales (Current Employee) –  Highland, MINovember 5, 2018
This is a great place to work with plenty of opportunity to advance. It offers regular pay increases and good benefits. Good coworkers and managers, fun people to work with.
Pros
Stable job, overtime opportunities
Cons
Hot in the summer
Fast paced, fair, good career advancement
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Highland, MIOctober 31, 2018
I started at the bottom, seaming glass at the oven, and within 6 months I was promoted to machine operator. I had plenty of training and coached throughout the entire process. I learned quality and proper throughput. My supervisor is a good one with patience and good communication. Owners are fair, but demanding on standards, safety, and quality. No one here is treated unfairly or underpaid. All issues are normally addressed on a relatively timely basis. I've worked at competitors and this is the best place, by far. Other reviews here are totally inaccurate and completely baseless. I know the others that are posting and they have poor work ethic and just aren't used to this demanding environment.
Pros
Good Benefits, overtime
Cons
Hot in the summer. Wearing safety equipment.
Keep looking
Office Role (Former Employee) –  Highland, MIOctober 26, 2018
I would not reccommend this company!!! I left a job I had been at for over two and a half years, with job security, to come here. I would not do it again if i had the opportunity to go back!!
The actual role i was hired into was very different than what was described to me during the interview or the job posting. I did the best I could, worked hard, taught my self programs, thought I was doing my job well. No one ever complained or talked to me about things I need to improve on or that anything was lacking with my skills and the job.
I walk in on a Friday morning and a person I had never met or spoken to before said we have to let you go. That was it,, even when I asked what I did wrong or can improve on for future reference. He was condescending when he started stating that Michigan is an at will state, like I didn't know that! I was more wondering what I can improve on for my own future. Then i was treated like a criminal as he stood over me to get my stuff and walk behind me while taking my lunch out of the fridge. I have never been let go from a job before and i was treated like garbage for no reason. I was not allowed to say good bye to anyone and the owners door was closed as this was happening like they were hiding from it. This makes me feel like there is more going on here than anything I did wrong, which hurts me even more.
Take my word for it, DO NOT work here!! The management is awful (there is none), and I had no training (just someone showing my simple tasks). I would have liked to have understood the hows and why's behind the companies workings in order to
  more... better understand my role. This company lost a good hard working employee.
For the sake of your sanity, stick out the current job you are struggling with and wait for a better opportunity to come around, you won't regret it like I do now.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, no training, poor work culture, employees don't matter
Are you ready to rumble?
Shipping Administrator (Former Employee) –  Highland, MISeptember 6, 2018
Unless you do not have any other job available I would not work here. Owners of the company are too hands on and will be the destruction of it, position threatened every other day even if issues come up that are not related to your position. Family of the owners get away with everything especially fraud or theft from the company. This place is one hostile work place lawsuit away from shutting down. Even the owners fist fight while in front of their employees. Worst of all they allow and join in on management when they are putting down other employees. the drama, stress all while getting screamed at Is not worth any amount of money to work for this company.
Great Place to work
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Highland, MINovember 30, 2017
10+ year employee.
Great people to work for and work with. Team atmosphere. Ability to advance based on skill and merit. Active ownership that is consistently striving to improve the business.
Pros
Friendly, caring people
Demanding and intense enviroment
Tempering Oven Unloader & Xing Operator (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIJuly 16, 2017
This was a very fast-paced job, that constantly required the utmost of one's personal attention. Training was inconsistent as there were no delegated training positions. With that being said, opportunity for advancement in this company only occurred if a manager would quit or be fired.
Family run company
Metals Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Highland, MIDecember 3, 2014
It is family run and advancements are limited unless you are a relative.