Midwest Janitorial Service, Inc. Employee Review

View all Midwest Janitorial Service, Inc. reviews

Reviews: You've Gotta Be Kidding Me
Custodian Worker (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 23, 2018
I read all the rosy reviews and couldn't believe it. Makes it sound like employees 'whistle while they work' right out of a Disney movie.

If you work here, be prepared to experience a horrible clock in / clock out system. It's always busy and I've had to dial non stop for 15 minutes to clock in.

Managment decisions are odd and often way off. What they DO focus on is using the white glove test to show you where you missed. And you will be written up for some cleaning infractions that are highly skeptical. Would be nice if they picked up a broom while they were inspecting your work.

When it's time to get your check, be sure to scour it for errors. There will be some. Good luck getting them fixed. The employee is never right. They will even threaten to not pay you or worse.

So many things are just 50 times harder than they should be. If you go into the office to discuss something, be prepared for a long wait as the management chit chats with each other.

Don't believe all the planted positive comments here. When it comes down to it, you will be cleaning toilets, bathrooms, vacuuming and emptying stinky trash cans. One was so bad that I had to drag to a dumpster; I threw up.

Some of the people at the companies where you will be working will be wonderful. Others make it clear that you are 'the help' and expect no eye contact.

And this is hard work. You will sweat and over-do it and the body aches will remind you. You will run to the washing machine AND shower when your shift is over. This week's work disaster was finding a bucket and removing
  more... 'items' that had been left in a toilet. (Someone must not have been having a good day.)

Always watch your step...wet floors, snowy/icy sidewalks, and wet steps. I've ended up bruised, cut and scraped while on the job.

Know you know.
Pros
Their checks haven't bounced yet
Cons
many listed
Official response from Midwest Janitorial Service, Inc.
July 14, 2019

I am sorry to hear you had a poor experience working for us. Please contact us directly to provide additional information so we can address your concerns. Cleaning is hard work. Some facilities definitely can be harder then others. We always want employees to know they can transfer to other open facilities if they are not happy with their current placement.
We hope we hear from you to get some specifics so we can address. You can reach us as 1-800-249-6161 - just ask for HR.

Other Midwest Janitorial Service, Inc. Employee Reviews

Expected a lot out of their Supervisors
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IAJuly 28, 2019
The pay did not reflect the work expected, Working all night and some nights not getting home until 4- 5 am. The owner does not care about their employees.
Pros
Cons
too much work for too little pay
Willing to train and help you if you have difficulties
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 28, 2019
They don't have you take on an account unless your feel like your ready. The supervisor's are always just a phone call away. A very understanding company. Some accounts don't have enough time allotment to complete for someone that has disabilities or just is not use to this type of work and physical requirements.
Official response from Midwest Janitorial Service, Inc.
July 14, 2019

Thank you for your comments! We are always willing to work with any employee and have multiple facilities to try & work around just about anything. Always feel free to contact us directly for anything you need.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midwest Janitorial Service, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Midwest Janitorial Service, Inc. Reviews by Location