Midwest Medical Center Employee Reviews

Awesome company to work for
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 23, 2018
When I worked for Midwest medical the environment was awesome we would see several patients a day performing great customer service as well as physical therapy for the patients needs. The patients loved Midwest medical because we would greet them with the utmost respect and serving great customer service was mandatory for our company.
Pros
Bonus Perks
Cons
No overtime
Instead of uplifting employees they would pull them down
Laboratory Assistant / Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 27, 2017
My experience at Midwest was somewhat rewarding watching some patients get well and move on to other doctors. Midwest is not a place for a person looking for advancement.
Pros
That its a hood doctors office
Cons
The employees think its the playground
Good organization
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Galena, ARMay 18, 2017
Good organization, tries to promote from within and provide additional training to those moved up to these positions. Overall lots of opportunities within the 3 campuses. Culture is questionable. Lots of unhappy staff, but a good mix of those satisfied with their work too.
No longer owned by Midwest
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 4, 2017
When it was Midwest strict policy, no talking to other employees. Great pay and benefits. Other employees friendly. Management has a control issue would not allow managers to manager,
benefits
Cons
control issues by management
Productive and a good medical center for medical problems.
Radiology Technician (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 4, 2017
Each day was different, I could do 15 patients or 35 patients in x-ray. You need to be patient, and have love and care each day. co-workers and management have to work in unity. When you don't know when you are getting off work, because you bare busy, busy is the hardest part of the job. I have helping hands and a loving heart and that was the most enjoyable part of the job because I love being part of a company that is there to help others.
easy work
Administrative and Clerical Duties (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 28, 2016
Easy work. Management not well with communication and not caring for employees. No room for advancement. Workers here are fierce and teh feel to always compete with one another
It was a different but good learning experience
Appointment Scheduler/Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MichiganAugust 22, 2013
My job consisted mostly in answering the phones to schedule, confirm, or reschedule appointments. I also interpreted for Spanish-speaking patients during the doctor's visit. I learned to be more patient and proactive. I devised a system/chart that I and future schedulers could use to schedule appointments in the shortest amount of time. There was hardly any nteraction with management unless you had done something wrong. My goal was do a good job, thus reduce my interaction to a simple hello or good morning/afternoon. There was a spirit of cooperation among the co-workers. There was always someone willing to help if needed. The hardest part of the job was minimizing the amount of time patients had to wait on the phone. The most enjoyable part was having patients thank me for helping them and for treating them nicely.
Pros
Being a contingent worker
Cons
Short breaks and working the late shift every other week.
New Business
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galena, ILNovember 15, 2012
I enjoyed working with my co-workers in the Hospital & Clinic settings. I learned that not every work environment adheres to Policies & Procedures. I believe Management should not only have the schooling needed to perform their jobs but also experience to make a facility work more efficently.
I think the hardest part of the job was working with people in management that didn't have Policies & Procedures in motion and if there were, they were not adhered to or followed through with appropriately. Each individual was shown different consequences or perks depending on how well Management liked them 'personally'. When everyone is a relative of the staff in Management it makes it a difficult environment to work in.
I LOVED the diversity of the job itself and meeting many people!