Midwest Medical Transport Company Employee Reviews

Great company getting better every day!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  OmahaSeptember 27, 2018
I've heard a lot of stories about Midwest from the days when people didn't think it was a good company to work for. Those days have changed and there are lots of great changes that have happened and will continue to be happening. Better management, higher, more competitive pay, more structure, good benefits and PTO. Give us a chance, I am glad I did!
Pros
Work Schedule, Benefits, Pto, working in EMS service
Cons
Can be really fast paced
Moving in the right direction
Provider (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 7, 2018
Things at Midwest Medical had been different in the past and it wasn't good. But, things are moving in the right direction now with a better culture, better managers, better pay and better benefits. I realize change takes time but all the changes have been positive lately.

I am excited to see how the company continues to improve!
The company is great, the station I was at was horrible.
Dricer (Former Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 10, 2018
Midwest as a company is a great company, absolutely love what they stand for...that being said, the station I was working out is a newly opened station. The management hired employees, who had been fired from other companies for many different reasons, mostly for being problematic. I was personally verbally accosted by one coworker and it was handled by the management by telling them to stay away from me. The management also hired family who is always in his ear and that was the end of my hours, because he wanted them. If you want to work at a base where nepotism and gossip rule, then it’s the place for you.
Pros
Pay was great
Cons
Nepotism, childish behavior and pettiness
Good company to work for
EMT (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAAugust 1, 2018
Overall, I really enjoy working with midwest medical. The company cares about their employees and tries to work with them when they can. The hours are 24 hours which can get tiring, but this is normal in an EMS setting. My only complaint would be the upper management in Omaha/Columbus make a lot of decisions that don't exactly representate the entire company and satellite stations.
Pros
great for advancement, decent hours, flexible schedule
Cons
Upper mangement is too involved.
toxic and dangerous
Medic (Former Employee) –  NebraskaNovember 25, 2018
Don't buy their sales pitch, the management has learned to believe their own lies. The obvious boys club positive reviews on here are pathetic, just another ploy to deflect attention away from the unbelievably high turnover rates and toxic culture. Integrity is in short supply among management.
Pros
pay was decent, some good co-workers
Cons
punitive mentality, lies, sketchy bases and rigs, spotty clinical standards
Management on high horse
Driver (Current Employee) –  LincolnSeptember 28, 2018
Even with the new owners the management is horrible. No room for advancement and you will be terminated if you are ever a threat to your supervisor. Decisions are made that are not best for the employees. Money hungry corporate company.
Pros
Heath insurance
Cons
Scum managers
Fast paced growing company that is practicing SMART Growth!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 7, 2018
Over the past several months many things have changed within the company for the better - PTO, Communication, Employee Feedback is being heard and they are working to train all managers to give them the tools needed to be successful.
You can feel the culture shift. The people who work here are Phenomenal and I am happy when I come to work!
Pros
Growing, Job Security, Upward mobility and new PTO policy is great!
Cons
Culture shift can sometime be hard for some
Beware
PARAMEDIC (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 7, 2018
Don't want to get too deep into it for fear of reprisal (yea its that bad and they are that petty). Only benefit was they pay the best in the area as far as I could tell. Management is self serving at best and completely absent at worst. Barely any mentoring. Very corporate EMS culture. More concerned with money than patient care.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 17, 2018
Not a very fun place to be employed. The hours are long and often exhausting. The company has some very dedicated employees/managers that are very un appreciated.
Pros
The company has alot of unappreciated great people working for it
Revolving Door, Expanding to Fast, A few Great Employees
Ambulance crew (Former Employee) –  Midwest Medical TransportJanuary 24, 2018
If you are looking for long term this is not the place for you. The work life balance does not exist with this company. They ask for 96 hours and only pay you for 40 hours. They only give you 4 hours of rest in a 24 hour period and you can work several days in a row being sleep deprived. Upper management does not recognize when employees give extra to the company. Upper management is quick to throw lower employees under the bus to make themselves look better.
Did have a few great coworkers who are amazing people.
Pros
Teamwork at the Station Level
Cons
Upper management, Station Employees are treated like dirt
Poor
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 23, 2018
Pay is fair at best, hours are there for the taking, but what's crazy is how many people works here fighting for shifts yet there's all kinds of times when they can't fill a full schedule and people get screwed over. Oh well, welcome to EMS in the midwest
Transitional work
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 16, 2018
This company is owned by an investment group that is primarily concerned with profiting that group. The on call policies at mostof the stations is unethical at best. Workers essentially spend 24 hours at the station and are paid for 12. A 12 hour on call shift is mandatory and workers receive a 15 dollar flat payment for an on call shift. If you like to spend 72 hours a week somewhere and get paid for 40 check out Midwest Medical.
Good for when you're looking to meet ends
Medical Transport Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NEMay 17, 2018
Not a bad place to work for, but sometimes the nature of the job can be aggravating. Little room for advancement, however, and the pay is at minimum "going rates" for the area. Not bad, but could be much better.
Low pay and stressful
Parametic (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 31, 2018
Low pay, stressful environment, inconsistent work schedule, broken equipment . Manual cots not working. Poorly stocked ambulances constantly break down. No breaks on 16 hour shifts. Unreasonably placed demands. No time to complete state required reports in the time frame that the state requires them to be done due to Employees constantly running back to back calls . Expected weight lift required of 150 lbs is grossly underestimated. Job often requires 2 person manual cot lift of patients weight exceeding 300 lbs. Good learning experiences with a well variety of calls but constantly turn over of employees due to stressful environment due to overworked employees and low pay.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Low pay, unrealistic demands, and poor equipment
Official response from Midwest Medical Transport Company
June 4, 2018

Dear Current Employee,
We're sorry you feel that way and we have not heard about these issues. We have made many changes across the board to improve these things. Conducting salary survey's has us in line with market, equipment improvements, we recently purchased 14 new vehicles and pride ourselves on provider safety at work - making sure everyone gets proper breaks/rest. If you would like to discuss this further please reach out to us at hr@mwmtc.com
Thanks,

Lots of potential here, but no communication
Medic (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NEApril 28, 2017
Wages are fair but the benefits are high. No work life balance. If you cross the wrong person you risk your job, if you make friends with the right person you will advance. Management tries, but don't know what their doing. Culture:work to the bone and be thankful for it. This is just a stepping stone to most employees.
Pros
You learn quickly and meet great people.
Cons
Company is focused on making money and not on its employees who help make the money.
rapid growth and fast paced
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEOctober 3, 2017
Growing company with lots of change throughout the state. Fast paced and attention to details necessary. On-the-job training led to experience and success.
Pros
co-workers, schedule, benefits
Stressful work atmosphere
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEMay 11, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed the work that I did at MWMTC; however, after the privately owned business was sold to a corporation, the communication was lacking. It became a stressful working situation, where you did not know, day to day, if your job was secure.
Pros
hourly wage, health insurance
Cons
Stressful work atmosphere
The same old company that doesn't value it's employees
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 8, 2018
in my 2 years there I had 6 managers, interim manager and even more counting assistant managers. The company wants money and valued expansion in other areas over it's existing employees while I love being an EMT this job almost took away all of the things I enjoyed. It can be fixed it just need new steady management in the Omaha Area
Pros
Can work 40 hours in 3 days!
Cons
Can be insanely busy with little support
Excellent company
Flight Communications Specialist/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68144January 23, 2018
Great company, great coworkers, excellent managers/supervisors, great flight crews, Loved the fast pace and the fact that I was helping others and that it is a very important part of the company.
Pros
staff
Cons
out dated dispatch system
Don't do it
Paramedic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 24, 2017
Do not work here. Terrible management with poor pay. Get out of here if you think about walking in the door. Find anywhere else to work. Corporate monster only concerned with their bottom line.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midwest Medical Transport Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7