Midwest Memorial Group Employee Reviews

A friendly working place
Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, MIDecember 26, 2017
It's a place that co-workers and I have fun and laugh. The company and its employees embrace change, accomodage new trends and techology, and incorporate new skills.
Pros
Annual picnic
Cons
Health care, dental, 401K
Small family business
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, MIAugust 24, 2017
Small family business environment. The people are great to work with. The work its self is very repetitive and there is no upward growth available with the company.
OK place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIAugust 21, 2017
Was an average place to work considering it was a cemetery. Was a good position, a great deal of paperwork as I processed all burials, prepared the deeds and certificates of ownership for burial spaces and burial vaults. Good regular business hours. Most difficult part of the job was learning all the burial plot locations and maps. Management was generally pleasant overall. I learned a great deal about how to treat grieving families.
Pros
Meeting grieving families
Cons
Interments
It's ok!
Administration/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, MIAugust 17, 2017
Most of the people you work with are amazing! Some of them could use some work. You get to meet some of the best families on the worst day of their lives and try to make it a little better. I really enjoyed this job.

The new ownership, however, very lacking.
Working from Home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lutz, FLAugust 11, 2017
I enjoyed this job as it allowed me to work from home and still balance work and family. I basically did follow up calls for funeral services. If you work there be prepared to listen to the individual that you are talking with. Sometimes you just have to be an ear for them to vent to. Overall it is a great place to work for.
Workplace
Family Sevice Counselor (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 23, 2016
Very good learning experience, able to comfort the people that has had a loss. Providing some sort of comfort for there loved ones
Pros
Providing the comfort to the Client at the tiome of there loss
Cons
Not able to handle the loss of a young life
depends on what kind of person you are...
Advanced Planning Counselor (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIDecember 5, 2016
After you learn the script for your script for presentations, you're basically ready to con people into purchasing the plots for their demise. That's if you can get them to listen to you long enough!
Pros
Hard work pays off
Cons
Management is money hungry!
Horrible Company
Commissioned Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDJuly 1, 2016
Do not waste your time with their new employment sales pitch. Its all a big farce. Worst company to work for. They expect you to work for free as you will be digging your own grave trying to make a living there. They have no respect for human beings. Its all about sales. They kept my final commission check telling me they had to hold it for a year before they could pay me. Downright dirty scumbags.
Pros
Cons
This company in a nutshell
Great company altogether
Groundskeeper (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIApril 1, 2016
Midwest Memorial Group is a company that owns many cemeteries nationwide. They are there to help maintain and perform services to the deceased family members.
Midwest Memorial Group staffs cemeteries throughout Michigan
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 10, 2015
Okay experience working here however the salary is not equal to the administrative offices job titles and responsibilities at the cemeteries. A typical day requires most admin staff to eat their lunch while working.
Pros
Low pay for responsibilities required
Cons
Some flexibility in hours for part-time staff

Want to know more about Midwest Memorial Group?

Ask a question
Good job
Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, MIOctober 13, 2015
Good working relationship with other employees. Decent commission. You didn't have to bring your work home. Management was great.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
not enough work space for each employee. Building very small
I was a cleaner
Advanced Planning Counselor (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 29, 2014
i loved this job, you get to know the people in your building and along your cleaning route and most of those people are good people. The job really wasn't all that challenging. the being said, there was no checks or balances for the managers. There was a GREAT deal of favoritism.
Pros
easy job for decent pay
Cons
Rude management
Productive and helping others
Family Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJune 18, 2014
Great opportunity to learn and help others
Commission pay with hard work
Pros
Meeting good people and giving them a piece of mind
Cons
Hard to see people loose their loved ones.
Enjoyed the daily challenges
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clinton Twp., Berkley, Royal Oak, DetroitMarch 27, 2014
I enjoyed working outside with the different personalities of my crew. The things I liked most were seeing the improvement that my crew was able to make on each different property I supervised. The biggest reward was listening to the families tell me how much of an improvement they see since I have been there. The biggest challenge was always making improvements without having a set budget. I learned to listen more than I speak and to empathize with those I speak to.
Pros
I was provided a company work truck and phone
Cons
Almost never was able to take a lunch break
Family Run Company
Sales Director, Project (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MIDecember 10, 2013
Owners are family, privately held company, treat their employees as such.
Pros
Flexible schedules; healthcare, paid training
Cons
To be successful, majority of work time needs to be in the evening and weekends
loved helping families at the most challanging time of their life
Success Administrator (Former Employee) –  Berkley, MIJune 23, 2013
I am very well adapt at counceling and gifted at helping people navigate through territory that they have never been before.
Pros
flex hours
Cons
not enough opportunity for growth
Family and Professional values are kept in high regard.
SUCCESS ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIMarch 7, 2013
I sit down every morning with my sales counselors and review the performance from the day before.I have a 1pm conference call that I take part in everyday.I handle office inquiries,help people locate the loved ones that they are here to visit and also look into potential sales opportunities.I am the co manager here.Hardest part of the job is the death of loved ones and the most enjoyable part is helping the families deal with the lost of the loved ones.
Pros
mon-fri and only an occasional sat.
Cons
late nights on mon and wed and we have to work the entire memorial weekend.salary is low.
Learning Experience
Family Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 27, 2012
A typical work consisted of answering the phone accepting a family's request to set an appointment to come in to make final burial arrangements for their deceased family member. Making outbound calls to households to pencil in a date for me to come to visit them and inform the families of the benefit to pe-planning. Final arrangements for burial were to acquire information on the preference of the deceased to see what funds are available for burial-plots, crypts or urns.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
benefits not offered
Sales MANAGER
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 4, 2012
I managed the sales and budget of one cemetery. I learned alot about the sales management program.
Pros
one cemetery
Cons
100 % commission

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midwest Memorial Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Midwest Memorial Group Reviews by Location