Midwest Memorial Group

Midwest Memorial Group Employee Reviews

This job is fine for a little while, but gets super depressing after a while. Doing so many funerals was absolutely depressing. The money was good, if you had a lot of sales.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Totally Depressing
MIDWEST was a good place to work with friendly staff and administrators. I did feel that I had a good sense of how management felt sometimes. It was a good place.
Pros
Flexiblitiy
Cons
Pay scale
Decent place to work. The managers are ver personal and very helpful and can direct you in the right direction to grow within the company. The only down side is the pay is commission.
Parklawn Corporation took over and has slashed everyone's pay and made working conditions much worse then before. They are letting the cemeteries get run down so they can use our money to buy more properties in the USA. Run away while you still can.
My overall experience was a good one. If you are not a people person then this job is not for you. I really enjoyed enteracting with the staff and providing customer support.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Not a job for everyone -- dealing with grieving families who need burial property/merchandise and working within their budget. If you like helping people in their time of need this can be a very satisfying job.
The managers and staff are amazing. Great team building and awesome company to work for. They have awards and make sure you feel welcome in their workplaces.
The Management doesn't provide the tools and environment necessary to make the sales quotas they set. They expect Sales Associates to perform but don't provide support and don't want to spend any money to provide a better atmosphere (shabby, dirty offices) or to provide sales staff with fair compensation.
Have to have 2 jobs if you want to work here! Everyone whom works here has a second Job. Ruff start to finish her also the 2 week training which is in Southfield, MI..
Pros
Free lunches
As a sales rep you get minimum wage OR commission, NO PTO, NO mileage for sales calls, NO expense account, NO cell reimbursement, NO holiday pay. They don’t tell you in the interview process that you are REQUIRED to make two hours of cold calls EVERY SINGLE DAY. If I had known that I was going to be a telemarketer, I would NEVER have taken this job. It financially compromised me, can’t wait to find a new job!!!
Pros
None!
Cons
Everything, run as far away as you can
This job is not for everyone. The company does provide 2 weeks of paid training and the materials and knowledge to succeed. However, it requires a lot of time, work and dedication to perfecting one's skills. You have to enjoy this kind of high pressure (potentially high reward) environment. You won't have much of a life if you work here.
Pros
Paid training and sales experience opportunity
Cons
High stress, low pay and poor work/life balance
Nice to work with Midwest as a team and as a employee family also there is a wonderful feeling that happens when learning new things and working in the same city.
Typical work days revolve around a 900a-430p schedule, with some night and weekend hours, as decided by management. Help assist families in opening the discussion for end-of-life decisions, and allowing them to pre-purchase these options as they wish. Ensure that all information regarding these choices is given and communicated clearly, and thoroughly, so that no decision is left to be made at an emotional time. The staff is friendly and helpful, but can also be competitive. Ensure your drive to succeed is greater than your drive to slow down the person next to you. Telephone, sales and customer service skills are a must. Should be outgoing, and friendly.
Pros
Dinner provided by management on late nights.
Cons
Working late nights and weekends.
It's a place that co-workers and I have fun and laugh. The company and its employees embrace change, accomodage new trends and techology, and incorporate new skills.
Pros
Annual picnic
Cons
Health care, dental, 401K
Small family business environment. The people are great to work with. The work its self is very repetitive and there is no upward growth available with the company.
Was an average place to work considering it was a cemetery. Was a good position, a great deal of paperwork as I processed all burials, prepared the deeds and certificates of ownership for burial spaces and burial vaults. Good regular business hours. Most difficult part of the job was learning all the burial plot locations and maps. Management was generally pleasant overall. I learned a great deal about how to treat grieving families.
Pros
Meeting grieving families
Cons
Interments
Most of the people you work with are amazing! Some of them could use some work. You get to meet some of the best families on the worst day of their lives and try to make it a little better. I really enjoyed this job. The new ownership, however, very lacking.
I enjoyed this job as it allowed me to work from home and still balance work and family. I basically did follow up calls for funeral services. If you work there be prepared to listen to the individual that you are talking with. Sometimes you just have to be an ear for them to vent to. Overall it is a great place to work for.
Very good learning experience, able to comfort the people that has had a loss. Providing some sort of comfort for there loved ones
Pros
Providing the comfort to the Client at the tiome of there loss
Cons
Not able to handle the loss of a young life
After you learn the script for your script for presentations, you're basically ready to con people into purchasing the plots for their demise. That's if you can get them to listen to you long enough!
Pros
Hard work pays off
Cons
Management is money hungry!
Do not waste your time with their new employment sales pitch. Its all a big farce. Worst company to work for. They expect you to work for free as you will be digging your own grave trying to make a living there. They have no respect for human beings. Its all about sales. They kept my final commission check telling me they had to hold it for a year before they could pay me. Downright dirty scumbags.
Pros
Cons
This company in a nutshell