Midwest Mobility Solutions Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 18, 2019
Growing and constantly changing environment must be able adapt to change daily. Very engaging and must be motivated to win daily to work here. Will train, coach and lead to success.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Management can be misleading!
Would not recommend working here to anyone
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJanuary 19, 2019
Management was absolutely aweful. I was lied to about the amount of hours and pay I would be receiving in my interview. I was hired in full-time and was only receiving 28hours/week. Upper and lower management do not communicate well with each other which causes a lot of confusion. Nobody was on the same page with virtually anything. Training was a joke. The only way you become commissionable is by passing a role-play you must do with a district manager. Workers were lying to customers on the daily basis, and were very rude to customers who they thought weren’t buying anything. Please, if you have a decent steady paying job, do not leave it for this company. You will be met with grave disappointment.
Pros
Cons
Pay, hours, management
Awesome company with great culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIOctober 16, 2018
I love this company. I’ve been here for just over four years, and I’ve loved nearly every minute of it. The company is fair, ran very well with a great back office, and has aspirations of being the best authorized retailer in the country. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Great benefits, great back office, competitive pay
Cons
No complaints
Fun but aggressive Retail Job
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 15, 2018
Been with the company for 4+ years now and don't have any complaints. I say fun but aggressive because we look for ways to capitalize on every opportunity that walks through the door. We do this because we want to do what's right for our customers as well as make some money!!
Pros
Great Wokr/Life Balance, good benefits, fun, good training
Love This Company
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 11, 2018
I have been with MMS for 5 years now and would never leave this company. They have always looked out for me and made sure that I had the tools to succeed. We are considered a work hard play hard company and that's exactly what it is. The competitive nature makes work exciting and drives great chemistry between co workers competing to be the best. Lots of additional incentives and spiffs you can earn on top of your regular pay! Owners know pretty much everyone working in the company, which makes it feel more family oriented and like you matter.
Pros
Incentives, Spiffs, Benefits
Cons
Some customer interactions can be frustrating, but its expected in retail!
Great company with great flexibility.
HR (Current Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 13, 2018
Management is very understanding and the work environment and culture is great! The motto here is work hard play hard and it truly is that type of environment. There are a lot of opportunities, and the company is rapidly growing.
Terrible Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 15, 2018
Extremely biased toward anyone who is not in the inner circle. Upper management is terrible. They will have you work open to close 7 days a week and threaten firing you if you can't. Would not recommend. They are terrible to the customers and worse to the employees. It's ran like some kind of fraternity. They will keep extending qouta if you are doing well to keep your commissions capped. They should have stayed in Michigan and not purchased stores in Ohio. I guess it's either a different culture up there, or this is just a terrible company.
Pros
Will take all of your family time if you are a workaholic.
Cons
Pick one
Overall great place to work for a resume building position or to gain work experience.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 2, 2018
Good job for young adults. A lot to learn, but if you are a good sales person, you will do great professionally and financially. Great culture, fun place to work, good hours, decent pay.
worst experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  tri city areaFebruary 26, 2018
they lied and would not do anything to fix it...lying coworkers and lying managers.. do yourself a favor... run...to anywhere but this sesspool they dont care who they lie to... customers included
Horrible Place to work.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 8, 2018
They’ll hire you for full time then cut your hours, incompetent upper management. No integrity when sellings their products. Lie to customer about a price they’ll pay then never help that customer when the customer comes back in wondering about their bill
Horrible Work Environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHAugust 19, 2017
One if the worst companies I have ever had the displeasure of working for. The atmosphere was akin to that of a frat house, and if you weren't one of the "cool kids" you were definitely on the outs. Training was too short and you were left hanging in the sales floor if you didn't know the answer to a question, with managers getting annoyed if you asked for help. You are expected to work open to close every day you are scheduled. Employees were encouraged to change/mess with customer accounts to get them in to buy new phones. They push a home security package that is ridiculously overpriced and expect you to sell a certain number a month or you're reprimanded.
Pros
Commission based pay
Cons
Atmosphere, underhanded sales practices
December 12, 2017

Your experience with MMS is not one that makes us proud. I'm sorry to hear that your training was not up to standards and your time with MMS was a displeasure. I can tell you that we are not perfect but we do learn from our mistakes. I'm interested to hear what happened when you reached out to leadership about your concerns, especially about concerns with selling. MMS does not condone practices that could hinder our customers in anyway so if anyone is following that policy we'd love to know. I hope you feel like you can reach out to MMS leadership to discuss, our door is and always has been open.

Thank you for your time with MMS, we hope that you can take the positives away and grow your career and future path.

Not worth it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MIAugust 6, 2017
Selling phones was a really annoying job, especially when you have to convince people to buy overpriced cases when they can get them on amazon for much cheaper.
December 12, 2017

I'm sorry to hear that your experience working with MMS was not a great one. I can tell you that it is difficult to combat with Amazon, you're right, however providing that great customer experience that you cannot get too many places any more is why we're here growing our company. Providing the best customer experience is our number 1 goal and it is difficult to match that online.

Hopefully you learned a few things at MMS that you can take to your next employer and be successful in your future endeavors. If there is anything that you can reach out to company officials about to make MMS better, we'd love to discuss.

its ok
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJuly 7, 2017
Pay is fair but they expect you to work more than 40 hours and you do not receive any overtime it is built into your salary which is strictly based off a low hourly wage.
Poor Company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHApril 28, 2017
They operate like a frat house, the company lack professionalism as the owner of the company will openly drop "F" bombs while on a conference call with his sales staff.
December 12, 2017

Here at MMS we do our best to operate professionally and ensure not to offend anyone. We are an anti-corporate company so if you're not used to a high volume retail environment, it could be a culture shock to some. On behalf of MMS, I do apologize if you were offended by any comments during ramp up conference calls but I assure you it was only to motivate for everyone to be successful.

Thank you for time while with MMS. If there's any feedback that you can provide that would make us a better company for the future please do not hesitate to reach out.

Fun, Growth, Experience, Great Corporate Office!!
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 28, 2017
Have been with the company for 2 and 1/2 years and have loved every minute of it. I have gone from Sales Rep to Manager to District Manager which shows that you CAN grow in this company!! Benefits are awesome, schedule is flexible, offer extra classes to further grow my knowledge of being a leader. Corporate is always available if you need something or have a special request.
Pros
Work Life, Experience, Pay
Cons
Customers, the general public can be frustrating.
Not a good work life balance for a family
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 25, 2017
Great if you do not have a family and can work everyday open to close and have the ability to lead a store. You will get noticed for being a stud when it comes to sales. AT&T home services are hard to sell but that is why you get noticed if you can. Its keeping the customers happy through all the BS At&T will put them through that is a real deal breaker.
Always climbing!
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIFebruary 9, 2017
I have had the pleasure of working for MMS for the last 2 1/2 years. I started as a Sales Representative and quickly advanced to the Store Manager. Since then, MMS has invested in my education and advancement through enrichment programs for myself and my employees. Being a mother, they have secured time off when my kids are ill, and even offer great vacation benefits for when I need a break.
Overall, being a women, I feel very secure with my job and love how diverse MMS is! Definitely a company to grow your career with!
Pros
Flexible Schedule & Awesome Benefits
Growing company that respects your opinions and is always willing to listen
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Adrian, MIFebruary 8, 2017
This company is committed to coaching you are constantly getting feedback from your manager. There is an expectation to hit certain goals that some people don't get but I've worked sales in the past and think the expectations are very reasonable. The company offers higher hourly then most businesses that you can get without a degree and you have the ability to make your own money through commission. I would and have recommended friends for other positions available in the company and the company has rewarded that through a referral program.
Pros
Lots of coaching and opportunities to move up if your motivated