Midwest Professional Staffing Employee Reviews

Amazing at checking in on employees
Appointment Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 6, 2018
Quick placement, always willing to help out, very friendly, I would use Midwest Professional Staffing again in the future if needing job placement. They informed me of my perm position before I even knew it was to be offered.
Enjoyable
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  W Des Moines, IAAugust 7, 2018
Everyone I encountered from Midwest was very nice, supportive and cooperative. I have recommended them to many of my friends that were looking for work. Working for them, I was able to obtain a permanent position at the place they had assigned me to.
Job Placement
VOE Processor I (Former Employee) –  Clive, IAFebruary 21, 2018
They are really efficient in finding employment opportunities though their jobs are mostly call center & data entry background. They are good at responding back via phone/email in a reasonable time frame.
Pros
Quick Placement
Cons
Sedentary
We knew the goals we needed to met and every day we were informed via E-Mail where we in meeting the Goal.
Mail Room Clerk (Casey Corporate) (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 18, 2018
While I worked at Midwest Professional Staffing at Equifax I was tasked with calling Employer’s to verify employment for a Third-Party customer. The information obtained was used by the Third-Party customer when the customer was reaching for a personal Financial Goal. There would be times when I would be put on hold while the Employers looked up the information. Sometimes, the Employers were able to provide the information within a 3-minute timeframe of which we told to allow for each call. Sometimes, we might be put on hold for over 7 minutes. Sometimes we had to leave voice messages asking the Employers to call in to provide the Employment Verification.
Pros
While working at Equifax we had Potlucks, Chill Cook offs, there were Star Awards given to employees who reached their monthly Productivity goals
Cons
There were times when Employers wanted to talk to supervisors and there was no supervisors available
Enjoyable temporary jobs
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IADecember 11, 2017
Midwest Professional Staffing was a great staffing agency to work for. They were able to find me jobs that I qualified for in a timely manner. I was able to work for companies that gave me a lot of great experience in different areas.
Awesome Staffing Agency
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clive, IAOctober 18, 2017
Very helpful in finding positions that are a great fit. Everyone is friendly and great to work with. Pay is great and they work to find you the best position for your skill set.
MidWest Professional Staffing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clive, IASeptember 22, 2017
It was a temporary job through a Temp Agency. We had multiple people start at the same time, so I wasn't the only 'new guy', Which was easy to make friends and become comfortable in the work environment.
Great Company
Documentation and Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 19, 2017
Great people to work with - very professional and caring staff. Ensure you are placed in a job that meets your skill set.I have enjoyed my assignment and the people I work with at the company.
Review
Inbound Jr. Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 14, 2017
I'm just trying to find something with better pay and benefits. This job is great but the pay not so much. Great atmosphere and people. Life changes I need better pay.
Never Heard Back at All
Tech Writer (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 1, 2017
Applied for a position and never heard back anything after two interviews. Even reached back by phone but they never updated me on the position. Still wondering if I am being considered or not.
IT Recruiter/General Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Clive, IAJune 5, 2017
MWPS is a great place to work. They pride themselves on giving their employees a great work/life Balance, fun environment to work in and great people to work with.
Large scale call center operation for tax season
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  EquifaxNovember 29, 2016
Receive Inbound calls for assisting customers with tax software, some exposure to confidential information, strict work environment. Job had significant stretches of downtime if incoming call traffic was low.
They aren't continuously motivated once you become old news.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 11, 2016
They got me a job right out of the start then nothing after that. No one even kept in touch with me and when I called, they always said they didn't have anything, but Indeed and other sites say otherwise. I finally gave up on them after 3 months and got a job on my own! I worked with 3 other ppl from Midwest. They also never got in contact with this company. We all had to go our own ways
Pros
Cons
Never gets back to you
Fantastic Agency
Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 1, 2016
MWPSS is a great agency to work through to find a placement that fits your needs. I was placed with a company that valued my expertise and allowed me to rapidly develop.

I had a severe health need that required addressing within the first week of my placement and MWPSS and my placed agency both worked with me and conformed to my schedule. I think this is rare in temporary placement services
Pros
Great placement, attentitive to needs, willing to work around your schedule
Cons
Placements are typically only temporary
Not a long term job
Data Entry Clerk, Equifax (Former Employee) –  West Des MoinesJune 30, 2015
I did not see this job as a permanent position. I hardly worked 40 hours a week & was only paid $10hr. I also couldn't talk much to my coworkers.
Ok place to work
Annuity Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IowaJune 23, 2015
Would prefer to answer this question if required or requested to do so by potential employer in person. Thank you. Was ok place to work.
Kept me busy, productive, steady assignments
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IaMay 12, 2015
This is a good company, they helped me look for work when I needed it, good communication. If I had the chance, I would go back to them.
Pros
Flexable, reliable
Cons
temp work, not always sure how long assignment would last
Equal Opportunity Work Place
verification specialist (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAApril 16, 2015
I've learned more about being in an office work environment. I do enjoy my co-workers they are very easy to get along with. Management is always on top of things.
Pros
Easy to learn
Cons
No paid time off
Not a good place to work. Requirements changed daily, and management was never around to help.
VOE Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clive IowaApril 11, 2015
Typical day at work would be sitting at a desk for 8 and half hours talking on the phone to the HR department at certain companies we were required to call. All work was handled via Wells Fargo Bank. I learned how the home mortgage process worked and what Wells Fargo polices were. Management at this company was never around when you needed them. They were never willing to help and fired people left and right that were new and still trying to learn the job. The attendance requirements were outrageous and no one could stay within them. The co-workers i had the pleasure of working with were very nice and respectful. They helped whenever needed and every one worked as a time. Your co-workers become your friends. The hardest part of the job was always having to do OT every day of the week with no breaks and time off. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to train the new hires.
Pros
45 minute lunch, and certain holidays off
Cons
lots of cons, Rude management, short breaks, ridiculous requirements
Temp Staffing Company
Underwriter Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clive, IAFebruary 10, 2015
Placed at an insurance company as underwriter to commercial services
I review surveys that come in for the commercial policies to make sure they are compliant with their policy.
I send out letters requesting surveys be returned.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Low pay