Midwest Refrigerated Services, INC Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work/TERRIBLE MANAGMENT TEAM/As much overtime as you would like. You can make a lot of money working here. But..........
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 19, 2019
Your level of capability and intelligence means nothing in the grand scheme of things at MRS. If you were not one of the 10 or so employees that were in managements back pocket, you were never guaranteed to receive stable work assignments or put in a position to hit your numbers to be eligible for bonus compensation through the incentive program. The bias was so blatant it was sad.
Property Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 28, 2019
Having the opportunity to work on the property maintenance crew was great. the management was fair and helped to push you to do your best at work and at home.
Horrible lies n backstabbing constantly.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 11, 2019
Horrible place to work management don’t give a care about you unless you rub elbows daily
Environment hostile employees fight argue daily
Violent outburst from management and employees
Lie about incentive you will never get it unless you kiss there bum and beg for it not there for taking at all
No vacation til your third year. Pto is takin every time u call in with out choice
If u leave or fired you lose all your vacation and pto
They will make shure of that
Racist hostile overworked environment
Con this place biggest con in distribution warehousing I’ve ever seen
Mandatory overtime nonstop no questions asked or you get written up and fired
Even holidays mandatory don’t matter
Pros
Pay ok
Pre1990 logistics - Review corresponds to one of multiple locations only
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  West county line roadApril 2, 2019
04-02-2019 21:06. (West county line road)
Pre 1990 logistics. (Smokey and Bandit).(Many services not on same property.example: wash out, mechanics, laundry,driver trading,mail service,).(logistics ruined by weather construction and general public! Same old pre1990 stuff.
Home time : Dispatch excellent efforts. (Pre 1990 log,dampens).
Scheduling maintenance: Co driver correlation only —-
Too many priority call out after loaded and pickup 3-4 Mnth. Per driver.
Truck repair: (way too difficult to schedule . Big serious issue right there.)
Recap running, rarely 34 taken.true grit driving. Very guru.
Pros
Atm, High miles, eye pleasing trucks, Communications, lumper.priority repair.
Cons
Pre1990 logistics, Time, Weather, Construction, Paperwork overkill.
good place to work for
driver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 2, 2019
It's a people oriented, family oriented operation. Management is helpful and willing to work with their employees dealing with personal issues. Even have family fun day for the entire company.
Pros
good to work for, friendly atmosphere
Cons
sorry, no cons
Worst place I’ve ever work for in my 15 years career I work one month and quit! The management is terrible a bunch of liars
Former Driver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee WiFebruary 21, 2019
They will try and force you to run in all type of weather. Like they tried with me saying it’s force dispatch. I told them I don’t drive in clement weather under no circumstances...they tried tried to make me run in a snow storm that 15 inches of snow was falling on a Monday 2 weeks ago and they falling 2 day artic blast for 2 1/2 days temperatures of -50 degrees with a travel ban imposed. The post office, Amtrak, schools, restaurants, all government agencies etc...was closed due to the weather and they tried to force me to run...I told them everything is closed they told me MRS isn’t closed and expect me to run with a travel ban. They told me that truck has to make revenue I told them to go and drive the SOB if they wanted it to make revenue never in my 15 year career that I’ve never seen such a terrible place to work. They expect you to give them the first 3 hrs before detention pay starts and on ur back haul the told me that they have 24hrs to find you a load to haul back and they expect you to sit for free until they find u a load and their is almost a 18 break between u load deliveries and u have to argue with them to get it. I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone they lied and told me I can run back and forward to the south the asure me it’s wasn’t going to be a problem and once I got in there they said you have to go where they need you and that’s when I handed them their keys back. It was all lies to get me in there truck. This was my experience from Jan 8 until February 10 that how short I was there seen enough to knw it was all BS from the being. I understand  more... now why they have trouble with keeping drivers the pay is around 50k for OTR and the expect u to be gone for weeks and months at a time. This company is not worth any good driver time. Because they will make you want to run their truck right throw they dispatch office  less
Pros
Great equipment
Cons
Everything about this company is a lie
Competitive workplace with performance incentives
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 31, 2018
Competitive workplace with performance incentives Working conditions such as extreme low temperatures aren’t for everyone
Management and leadership helpful and easily accessible
exactly what I was looking for in work situation
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIDecember 23, 2018
The job was very nice, but the training,and culture of the place made you obsolete in the work place , and management the same. Sorry hate to say it, but true.
Pros
all forklift operated
Cons
ethnic back ground
Fast paced, job security
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 12, 2018
The flagship company for job security. I worked here for six years and enjoyed the fast paced environment. I never ran out of work and never had to worry about being laid off.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Must advocate for advancement
Like most jobs, it is what you make of it. Unlike most jobs, its cold.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  McFarland, WIDecember 12, 2018
If you don't mind the cold, it's a very good place to work. The day shift is ideal, unless your a night owl that loves making money. You get a $1.00 premium on nights. Its an ideal environment if you like to work and don't mind the cold. The company does provide cold-weather gear for you, although, I would recommend that you dress appropriately as well. If you don't have cold-weather gear in Wisconsin, you might not be too bright, that being said, make an investment. In this environment there are a lot of people working with heavy equipment in confined spaces. They will train you, however, it does take a while to understand the minutiae of the warehouse so be patient and understand that work comes first. More vacation time would be cool, at first, but it comes in time. Also, its a storage facility, so at times a customer might make requests that make warehousing seem more difficult that it needs to be. Understand that managing a warehouse won't be you job, until it is.
Pros
Pay is good. People are cool, unless your a jerk.
Cons
Midwest REFRIGERATED Services, it's cold brah.
Nice place to work
Order Filler/ Selector (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 12, 2018
It's a very cold work place and they give u the right gear. Must be able to drive standup forklifts.
Some management is ok and some is not friendly. .........................
Pros
nice pay
Cons
cold place. to work
Just don’t.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 25, 2018
If you would like to work for people that do not care about their employees. Go ahead and apply. They don’t treat you like and equal when you start, they treat you like someone who has no idea which way up is. I have never had suck a negative place of employment. They act like they care about family emergency problems but they will blind side you and cut you off. If you want to apply but I would not even recommend this to anyone I know. Good luck. There are so much better places out there that will treat you with the respect you deserve.
Productive and fast paced workplace.
Property Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 20, 2018
A typical day at Midwest refrigerated services, typically starts with making sure the truck lot is clean. After however as part of the property maintaince crew your job is to sweep 15 to 20 aisles in a freezer where food is being stored which typically takes up 4 to 7 hours. When completed your required to document the aisles you may have missed along with organize specified pallets.
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
Very cold
Great people. Great place to start a career. Hard work pays off.
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 30, 2017
Very fast paced. Hard work pays off. It is noticed and rewarded by management. Interesting industry with many avenues for future careers. Management hears their employees. Sometimes changes take a while but the company does a good job knowing what needs to be done and makes sure it gets it right.
Pros
Fun. Fast. Flexible. Career focused. Good pay and benefits
Cons
Can be stressful. Some long hours.
good fun place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 30, 2017
very nice place to work at... pretty good management but probably could have been a little bit more understanding with there employers on some issues having to do with the work that ultimately we the employers were doing and had the better knowledge of what was going on. the culture of the job was great and basically was what you made of it. if you wanted to come in and get your job done and go home and that's it, then that's was it. or the thing that i liked about it was it was some what of a competitive environment with co workers and even supervisors. A lot of the guys would try and see who could get the most work done or see who could do the best job and it was just all around a very smooth and fun workplace to be at.
Its a great company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 13, 2017
I was there for an assignment . Clean and paint the warehouse all other positions needed documentation. Meaning, they needed forklift drivers and they reuired a license that i didn't have at the moment. So the job was given to some one who had such documents
Cons
At times there is nothing to do and for my job description, its not good to stand around. At least i dont want to.
Great people to work with!
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 17, 2016
I really liked the people I worked with. There were a variety of personalities which made working there fun. The hardest part of the job was bringing attention to someone that they made a mistake.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and the Customers were wonderful!!
Hard on family life. Does not work well with most employees
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 8, 2016
Many people have been hired and left in the course of the last 15 years. Management is not willing to work with all. Perfection is required but never achieved.
its ok for now
warehouse forklift operator (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJune 11, 2015
its a very nice place to work but I am not getting the hours that I need to make ends meet its very nice to work at as long as we keep moving
Pros
nice place
Cons
the hours are to short
bosses were uncomprimising
Staff Force (Former Employee) –  kenosha,wiDecember 10, 2014
The day would start with correcting the mistakes of the previous shift was constant, efficiency is achieved through proper workplace maintenance, it was hands on, physical work, and I enjoy work like that.