Midwest School Services

Working at Midwest School Services: 17 Reviews

United States17 reviews

Fun, Non Supportive, No Leadership

Worksite was erratic! On site management dismissive and non supportive. Certain employees warrant special treatment. Leadership was poor and the morale was low!

Pros

Students

Cons

Benefits and wages

There's is no good about company

The bad they don't fulfill their promise's. They don't give raises. When you have a problems they list. But don't do anything for you. They had 4 Chief Operation Manager in four years. Poorly ran .They don't care about your health and there no 401 K plan . There's moles in classrooms they came thru the carpet. Even when you have proof. So call supervisor don't be there.

Pros

We don't get free lunches

Midwest School Services insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility

Be productive and engage with the students.

I was happy being a part of Midwest Staffing.I was happy with my assignment and I met my quota of work hours.Management always were able to address any concerns I may have had.The relationship was great.I want to thank the management team for entrusting with the schools I was detailed too!

At times, i was told what grade i I have, but given a different grade/class by the office staff upon arrival.

My experience with working for Midwesr was good. Usually there were multiple sub positions available, and I really enjoyed working with the students.

Pros

Choices of schools.

Cons

No healthcare, no raises.

I enjoyed working with the little ones the most.

I worked with various ages of children. Some were at risk, which could be a little challenging at times. I worked at different schools. Management was easy to work with. A typical day would vary based on what the regular teacher had planned for the day. The most enjoyable part of the job, was working with the little ones. Just starting off to school. So very precious and ready to learn.

Stay away from Midwest Substitute Staffing

I had death in the family. Called off that Monday about 4:00am only to learned that Midwest had given my permanent position to someone else without notice. At 3:00 that afternoon Midwest contacted me to inform me that my position had been replaced by a certified teacher hired by the school. I understood the situation, it occurs often with substitute teachers, however, I discovered Midwest Substitute Staffing lied to me, as it turns out- it was Midwest agency that took my position and gave it to another substitute. I didn't earn enough to receive unemployment.

Official response from Midwest School Services

March 8, 2019
This comment is not accurate. The school requested the position be replaced due to excessive absence.

Great Opportunity

If your a newly graduated student, or a mom whose getting back into the work force this is a great transitional job. The hours were great, the pay was decent.

Fun Experience

Typical day is really up to you. Depending on the assignment you confirm to do, can make your day very fun and exciting or long and exhausting! its all about the attitude you bring!

Offer a variety of classroom experience for K-12

The dispatcher was unorganized regarding job placement. During the time I worked for this company, they did not have contracts with schools in Oakland County.

Pros

You can schedule the days you want to work.

Cons

You are not guaranteed a 5 day work week. You do not get paid for sick days, and holidays.

It's a job

If you just need a part time gig and love children this is the job for you. The pay is not great at all and there is no room for growth within the company.

Pros

children

Cons

Money

Okay

I like subbing because it's flexible . If I don't want to go in I'm not obligated but this isn't a career because you're on call , don't get benefits and won't have a job in the summer . This is for somebody in college with at least 90 credits or somebody that's graduated and can't find anything else . It's cool though , I liked only certain schools they sent me to and the kids would exhaust me everyday because they don't respect subs.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

No job security

Great way to gain experience with children of all ages in a classroom environment

You learn a lot with working in the classrooms with different age students. You learn a lot about yourself and life. The pay is 85.00 a day. The company calls you when an assignment become available.

Teaching at various locations has a sense of adventure and intrigue. Witnessing the different types of students and their personalities.

Working with / Teaching kids, students is challenging when dealing with behavior issues, but very rewarding when students understand the various educational subjects. .

Pros

The working hours are enjoyable.

Cons

No benefits

Good Expierence

I enjoy working for the company. I work everyday and they offer many different schools to choose from. I have met alot of good people.

Value World

I liked working as a cashier. I liked the customers. Most customers were nice, but some were not. However, it all depended on my attitude. I always had a smile on my face regardless of the mood the customers were in. That made all the difference.

Best Job Ever

I had a great experience working with Midwest Substitute Staffing. I have been promoted from substitute teacher to full time classroom teacher. There is a lot of room for growth.

Pros

growing into other job opportunitis

Subbing For Midwest

Overall the experience subbing for Midwest is pretty cool. The atmosphere changes based on where you are scheduled to work (your choice). The best part is the flexibility!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midwest School Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits