Midwest Tape Employee Reviews

nice place to work great bonuses and also profit sharing
Puller, Shipping (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHDecember 7, 2017
Really great place to work as a warehouse employee. Very family oriented, pay is a little more than minimum to start but bonuses and profit sharing helps financially.
Pros
Bonuses, Profit sharing, family oriented
Cons
always on feet and slow at times
Data Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHAugust 1, 2017
Overall, the company is great. Friendly co-workers, nice facility and many little perks from management to make things fun. Continual growth of company is nice too
long time ago
Processor (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHOctober 15, 2015
ok place to work not a great paying place and the hours were long but the people were good people that was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
pay
Owners are Great, Others not so much.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHJuly 6, 2015
Owners are fantastic people, management is misled and juvenile. They promote those who do the least. Make life hard on those that work. Co workers were great for the most part. Very High school like work environment.
Pros
Bonus'
Productive work enviroment
Audiobook Department, Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Holland, OHOctober 21, 2013
Mid-west Tape is a very relaxing environment. I enjoy being part of helping out libraries and setting up audiobooks for patrons to enjoy.
Productive and fun place to work,
Night Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Holland, OHJuly 5, 2013
Pros: I started out working in warehouse and worked into management. If yo work hard, you can work your way up.

Cons: Sometime slow at times.
Watched the company grow
Warehouse Superv (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIDecember 11, 2012
During my 9 years with Midwest Tape, I watched this company grow from a small warehouse with less than 100 employees, into 2 large warehouses, with many employees.
I was also involved in starting a 2 shift, thus keeping the processing department going through the evening, allowing us to get our product to our customers in a faster, more timely manner.
Upon my departure with Midwest Tape, I am happy to state that the company was continueing to grow.
Pros
2 shift was added
Cons
short breaks
Decent Job
Wholesale Trade and Import/Export (Current Employee) –  Holland, OHJuly 14, 2012
This is a decent job, its benefits are ones that are not common in all workplaces.
Pros
sometimes get free lunch
Fun Place to Work
HR (Current Employee) –  Holland, OHJuly 5, 2012
I really enjoy working for this company, its fun. The only problem that I have is with being in the department that I am in there is no advancement. That is the only issue I have.
Pros
christmas parties, bonuses, owners are awsome
Cons
flexible hours, short lunches, no advancement
Extremely stringent and outdated policies
n/a (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHJune 25, 2012
This company was awful to work for. They had extremely stringent policies and were very strict and hard-nosed with outdated policies. I would not recommend working for them!
Use RF Gun to keep track of order, use computer a lot to look up items
Pick -n- Pack (Current Employee) –  Holland, OHJune 14, 2012
When you arrived you signed out an RF Gun, that is the whole driving force of the whole job. I learned out to use an RF gun. Management is easy to get along with, especially if you did your job right. I like my co-workers they are not a bad group of people to work with. I would have to say the hardest part of the Job is making sure that the RF gun post the items. Most enjoyable part, I honestly have no clue what that would be.
Pros
bonuses, some free lunches. huge christmas party
Cons
none that i can think of
Exciting, innvoative technology, overwhelming customer service.
Processing Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Holland, OHMay 10, 2012
My typical day at work starts wih resolving any VIP errors for the second shift processors. Identify customer specific needs and recommend the best solution for that customer. Creating new samples for changes and/or new formats. Work on sales contracts and artwork samples. Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses and services.

I have learned the complexities of shelf-ready processing.

Management provides an intricate part of our work flow and enables each processing sales coordinator to deliver the proper product to the customer.

My co-workers are very helpful in cross-training each other on procedures they excel at.

The hardest part of my job is failure to meet or exceed my customers expectations because of circumstances which my company cannot control.

The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with the customers.
Pros
technical, fast paced, learning new procedures every day.
Cons
healthcare, job security
Productive Working Enviornment
Pick and Pack Associate (Former Employee) –  6950 Hall Street Holland, OH 43528April 3, 2012
Typical daily tasks consist of a fast pace basis of pulling and shipping orders.

I learned how to meet goals and requirements I was asked

Management is comprising and understanding of ones needs
Co-Workers are lively sociable and helpful

Meeting your goal is one of the most perplexing things about the job, when you first start

The team leadership is the best part of the job. They keep you motivated and a happy working enviornment.
Pros
easy to get and stay motivated
Cons
the fast pace can be a bit perplexing