Midwest Title Loans

Midwest Title Loans Employee Reviews

Manager was rude and changed rules every second, there was no hand book or job title had to do what district manager says had to call for everything which hardly ever answer, no actual pay stubs, collection calls for people who is going to say they not going to pay you still harass them by calling them 3 times and loan is interested more than vehicle worth, don’t work here if you have kids or a single parent you will never get 40 hrs , there is no way you can leave for an unpaid lunch especially if you work independently and have a busy day and if you don’t leave you get more work forced upon which isn’t required by the state law, on off days manager will still call to inform you about work and you have to answer, your just a guinea pig at a desk covering the lies and scandals of upper management giving out loans to people who can’t afford them, this job would not close at all is not required to have masks or gloves work as state issued for COVID will get penalized if you forced it without district manager knowledge they don’t care about your health or safety, job is so high school he say she says and the manager does this to get you to quit or fire you, there is no Human Resources department its all fraud ,no updated systems for collections or loan processing ,you will help people sign their life away When processing loans the pay can vary 12-15 an hour but you are doing your job and 3 other people jobs don’t trust this company it’s a reason stores are closing left to right
Pros
Personal day every 3 weeks
Cons
No lunch, long work hours, poor management, force to work of clock pretty much everything
Over 100 collection calls a day 3 times a day, on top of doing loans and keeping up with the office. You do it on your own because they can't afford extra help
Pros
Cons
management, work load
I interact with public, handle high amounts of money, I am on the phones about 75% of my day. When my calls are done, I print reports, follow up with past customers. Keep everything stocked with paper and all of the things I need I just order them. I am very organized when it comes to paperwork. I feel like sometimes I ask a lot of questions but it is more of an effort by me to learn more everyday so a can do my job efficiently. I do make bank deposits every day after I lock up the office. I keep the the customer files current and make all the proper documents are in each file in case we get audited. I work alone, by boss is in Springfield IL. We usually talk at least once a day but just usually communicates through email. I am responsible for many things here, it basically never ending.
Pros
No direct supervision, some of the benefits, my customers, after a while you form a relationship with them and get to know more about them and their life.
Cons
We don't earn vacation time for a year, its a 20 minute drive each way
company is growing slowly but slowly. I enjoyed my time there and how the company gave me the opportunity to grow and to manage my own store. Company was up to par to what makes their employees happy but still work better.
If you want to work for a company that cares nothing of their employees as well as their customers please apply. They will watch and listen to you on camera while you work so kiss building a bond with your co workers goodbye. No privacy. Benefits suck. Pay not worth the mental stress. Calling harassing people all day the same people. No job security no matter how hard you work one day in next day out. No job advancement. Over worked.
Pros
All Major holidays off
Cons
Benefits, micromanaged, no breaks, no job security
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Good starter job. Csr and management is best but going to upper management is a joke. Company lies to its employees about finances and stability of company. Not a place for a career but a place to get the background and education to take somewhere where you can grow and be recognized for hard work.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay, honesty, benefits
I love having a routine and have certain tasks that have to be completed- enjoy the monthly goals, this is a way to always improve yourself, to try and achieve the next highest goal. Everyday is a new day down to what can happen, and who you will encounter. A vast variety of people and situations arise daily. The basic rules are the same but with collections it is a case by case situation. Enjoy being busy and always having things to do- The hardest part of the job is the disrespect, and dishonesty. (but pretty common when you are dealing with collections and money) just looking for a positive way to earn a living, the increase in pay are few and far between. Do not get yearly evaluations raises said to be merit based.
This evil company is a meat grinder that worships money and uses people like slaves, if you have a question or concern, management will chew you up and point out how dumb you are. Shut up, do what you are told and don't ask for more money or you will be fired, that's what it's like to work for this company and they make sure that every employee understands that.
this entire company is just awful. They literally watch you on videos all day, threaten you that they are watching/ listening in on phone calls/ prank calling your store. They literally train you to make a sale to ANYONE just to keep numbers stagnant. They make you sit and call accounts all day to collect or settle on past due accounts and scare customers into paying (which most don't ever care) Interest rate is sickening, they allow people who arent whatsoever eligible to still take out title loans. "Upper" management plays favorites and instills drama in the work place. Hours are unfavorable.They say "10-6" but you have to be at the store no later than 9:30am but can't clock out until 6:10pm- and stay if you have a customer for as long as you need to then get yelled at for clocking out later than anticipated - who wants to stay that late anyway AND drop off a deposit to the bank on your OWN time??? they watch you if you are late, NO staff training, poor everything. This place is trash glad they are shutting down their doors one by one. People employed here have 0 people skills, 0 fundamental working skills, 0 management skills, 0 anything. Just a giant garbage filled company. The micro-management is extremely intense and they look for drama. Please do your research - Every 6 months they have a new VP!!! One comes in, and goes right out! Those higher level guys know better and are scammed into those roles.Title loans are a scam and so is MWTL. Run fast!!!
I’m not even sure WHERE to start. The building was so old & unkept it was horrible. It was literally hard to touch anything without washing your hands every 5 seconds. Coworkers donot understand basic hygiene & their employee restroom is in the same room where they keep storage/files. There isn’t much of an employee break room because that is also shared with files. The sink they wash their dishes in is in the BATHROOM/ SUPPLY CLOSET. You are consistently watched by cameras , so everything you say has to be censored. Training to do the actual job sucked. There is absolutely no Diversity at my store so GOD FORBID if you are of color, because you will feel absolutely ALONE. A lot of the customers that came inside the store always ALWAYS had a bad stench & most of them wore confederate flag clothing... I also had management & coworkers make fun of ethnic names they have came across .. You are required to work EVERY Monday & Friday no matter the circumstances. You get off early on Saturdays which is nice , but while you’re working they expect you to do a full days of work in a short amount of time with 1/2 of the staff. You can have PTO , but the days can’t be used back to back & it is heavily frowned upon requesting days off w/o pto... so you can’t really have a vacation. They are also very fond of wanting you to do work for FREE. Ex: it is mandatory for whoever closes to take the deposit to the bank & for you to do so you must clock out when you leave. It is also an outside job so you are required to go outside REGARDLESS the weather & everyone seems to be okay with that. The - more...
if you like to be degraded for your skin tone and made to be felt like the paycheck you earn is a favor from the company and not a paycheck you earn then welcome. also if you like to work for an unprofessional area mgr who doesn’t know how to separate home and work (pretty much if she had a bad night you would be having a bad day) and who also is a narcissist racist this is the place for you. And please if you do end up working here please don’t go to corporate management because it’s pretty much the same thing, unhappy middle aged people you feel like the are entitled to make people feel like they are worth nothing to the company..
Pros
Csr and store mgrs are all pretty cool
Cons
Am
This company is horrible. They want you to aggressively try and get people to get a loan against their child's social security income. They send in secret shoppers . They call you posing as a customer from a meeting while they have you on speaker phone. It is not a good work environment and they prey on people.
I had a manager and she didnt do anything but complain and ride my back , job was very inconsistent with everything , they always seemed to have payment issues , you didn't know if you were getting paper checks or direct deposit , they can't keep employees and don't even get me started on the ridiculous am they have . You cant ever go to her because she is friends with the managers so any issues you have you mise well take them on yourself because she'll just never address it and make you feel stupid for even saying anything and won't do anything about it , don't work here you get pounded in your head that you'll get fired if you breath wrong , they have cameras watching you ALL THE TIME . Just straight stressful not even worth the pay or headache or lack of sleep . Me myself the only one who did there job got fired for an outside situation that had nothing to do with midwest title loans . Screw them .
It was morally draining and monotonous. Every day I went to work, I felt more and more like a soulless person because of how I was expected to treat people. The company makes it sound like they are customer based but they arent. They are all for the customer while the loan is done but the minute the contract is signed, customer service goes out the window unless they are perfect payers. The company is nothing more than a loan shark. My area manager was overbearing and micromanaging. I was promised the position of Manager for my store and did all of management responsibilities for 4 months without the pay raise or title before I finally had enough and put my 2 weeks in. This is a terrible place to work.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Everything else.
job could be stressful at times but was manageable. I enjoyed my job and was very organized. I had collection calls to make and filing and sometimes an occasional loan would come in. Plus took in payments did write offs and repo ins and outs.
Pros
not long enough lunch
Cons
had good employees
This place is a joke! You will constantly be watched and monitored through cameras and listened to as well. You will have NO privacy. If you want your own time leave the building completely. You will not properly be trained. I was trained in the beginning by my manager who had been there only 4 months, who I had to act as his therapist, then I was bounced to another manager to train with. Luckily, She was an employee of 3 years! She was a complete NIGHTMARE!! I never felt so unwelcome. She cursed more then a sailor. I was amazed she was in management. The goal was to be trained in 1 months time. Could not wait to leave her and get back to my location. I could bare being a therapist vs. dealing with her unprofessional work ethics daily. I learned nothing being there. By the time i got back i was searching for a new job. The job mainly consists of managememt gossiping on the phone and acting as if theyre better then they're customer service reps. The 2 offices I traveled too couldn't keep employees in. You will not last unless you fall into any of the criterias, I have mentioned above. The customers arent the problem, its the employees. They act as if they're better and they show it also. If anyone makes a mistake they will call you out on it. There's no professionalism. They feel the need to broadcast everyone's mistakes. Not worth the pay. They offer no raises either. They dont get enough business to train you either. The interest rate is too high for that much traffic for you to get trained.
Pros
Cons
Everything I Listed
Working for this company I've learns a lot about finances and the struggles people are having. The loans are for short term and should be treated and explained thoroughly .
Pros
Get close and personal with customers
Cons
Need more benefits.
The job is easy, training is adequate. Management on store level and upper management are compassionate and employee oriented. The pay is good and benefits are nice. As long as you do your job you will have a job forever with advancement opportunities.
Pros
Hours, pay, great management
Cons
N/a
Holidays are mandatory and on lockdown, absolutely no PTO approved starting October, No PTO until after a year, area manager will not tolerate any time off during this time of the year, even if you are sick in the hospital. Small company growing not to many good options for benefits. Managers including area managers talk and gossip too much about employees, the reason why employees don’t last. Cannot request Monday’s or Fridays off for absolutely no reason they’re mandatory. You are being watched through the cameras 24/7, by that means absolutely no cell phone usage during working hours.
The place was some what ok to work for! Everything changed for the worse and as for upper Management it really is very unprofessional. The business is micro managed to the fullest.
Don't really want to do this don't know why it is making me write a review. so just filling in the requires space with nonsense. and almost done the the min characters.