Midwest Title Loans Employee Reviews

Bad place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Northwest Suburbs, IllinoisOctober 2, 2018
Holidays are mandatory and on lockdown, absolutely no PTO approved starting October, No PTO until after a year, area manager will not tolerate any time off during this time of the year, even if you are sick in the hospital. Small company growing not to many good options for benefits. Managers including area managers talk and gossip too much about employees, the reason why employees don’t last. Cannot request Monday’s or Fridays off for absolutely no reason they’re mandatory. You are being watched through the cameras 24/7, by that means absolutely no cell phone usage during working hours.
Home away from home
Employee (Current Employee) –  Northern illinoisOctober 4, 2018
The job is easy, training is adequate. Management on store level and upper management are compassionate and employee oriented. The pay is good and benefits are nice. As long as you do your job you will have a job forever with advancement opportunities.
Pros
Hours, pay, great management
Cons
N/a
Productive and sometimes stressful place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILMarch 13, 2018
I learned from Midwest Title Loans, the basics of titling vehicle, and how to process loans for customers, the only thing I would say about the position at the time, is that there were only two people working in the building so that if one person had a day off the other person had to work alone without clocking out for a break, which clashed with some of the rules of personal calls, and using your personal phone to make calls, and or even take out the time to eat some lunch, we had to eat when there was no one in the building, if a customer came in we were to stop eating and wait on the customer
benefits
Cons
no beaktime when working alone
Fun atmosphere with great benefits!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 19, 2018
I've been an employee of Midwest Title Loans for 3 months and I've really enjoyed my time here! A typical day entails opening the store, processing loans, collections calls on past due accounts, and taking payments in store/over the phone. My manager is nothing less than awesome! There is NO micromanaging here. She always helps with a smile on her face and makes you feel appreciated.

There is always something to do, so your days go by quickly. The hardest part of working here is having to deal with irate customers who are in a bind (but hey, that's customer service for ya) and having to work on Saturdays...but thankfully it's only until 2:00pm. My favorite part of working for Midwest Title Loans is the set hours and the benefits (life/dental/health insurance, paid personal days/vacation).

I am currently a customer service representative and the possibility of advancement and growth seems promising.

I would recommend Midwest Title Loans to anyone who is looking for decent pay, a fast-paced (yet relaxed) environment, and an opportunity for a career.
Pros
Benefits, Management, Set Hours
Cons
Irate Customers, Working on Saturday's
Very fun workplace, awesome manager
Senior CSR (Current Employee) –  Rock Island, ILSeptember 24, 2017
Really good job very fast pace love dealing with the customers love the paperwork I just feel there's no room for growth, I just need more money I have a family to take care and the pay is just not getting anywhere I need but I love the company
Pros
Love the people I work with, love the customers I'm dealing with and love the work environment
Cons
The benefits, no raises, no room for growth
Meeting new people daily.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Marshall, ILAugust 31, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company , meeting new and different people on a daily basis. A typical day @ work would be opening store by counting petty cash, making any deposit that might need done, the making collection calls and taking payments in person and on phone. Authorize and write loans, scheduling of employees,balance books daily. Make sure office is neat and clean.
The hardest part of this job was sometimes having to deal with upset customers. The thing I like most about this job was meeting the people and knowing I could help someone.
I think the company should praise and reward the employees more for jobs well done. Seems like we would always be told if we did something wrong, but not when good was accomplished.
Pros
nice work schedule
Cons
not enough reward for hitting goals
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILJune 26, 2018
The place was some what ok to work for! Everything changed for the worse and as for upper Management it really is very unprofessional. The business is micro managed to the fullest.
Very money oriented workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILApril 7, 2015
This company is very money oriented. They don't like to give out all of the information needed to customers over the phone. The manager is not approachable and does not like to help new employees learn. I was told this position was a permanent position and 3 months into it, the manager would pick on me and said and did everything she could to get me to quit. When I didn't quit they ended up firing me 2 weeks before my benefits kicked in, they contested my unemployment and said I was insubordinate, which I was not in any way, shape, or form. I did everything I was suppose to do and more and it still wasn't good enough for them.

I do NOT recommend this company to anyone.
Feels like I'm working for a dictator and big brother is always watching
csr (Former Employee) –  Danville,ilApril 3, 2013
I have worked for this company for over a year. I loved it at first and thought it would be an amazing place to work for but as time went on I realize things were not what they seem. I left the company due to the area manager and how things are ran there. Nothing was good enough and they pay sucks for the amount of stuff you have to put up with, Area manager was always making up new rules that no one else gave to their area. Then pretty much threathen us all with our jobs informing us he can pull any store camera up and watch what were doing. Also you cant do anything with out checking in with him first. As much as they are on us about keeping the bad debt down that they would give us a bonus to shoot for. But no all we get is an email that says good job and do better next month. This company is a joke. You get no raises, you get questioned when you ask for a personal day, No bonuses folr anything there, and corp. watching you all the time on the cameras. I would not advise anyone here for a long time. The onyl thing good about the job is you get two days off a week.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
pay, area manager, and big brother watching your every move.
Good pay, hard job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 10, 2018
Working in collections is really what this job is about. Most of your time is spent making calls trying to collect payments for people's title loans. Repossessing cars is kind of a nasty business and this does feel very predatory.
Pros
Good pay, good hours, pto and sick time
Cons
Collection calls, awful customers.
Cut throat
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILJanuary 24, 2018
Run far far away.... This company is self absorbed, they really don't care about their employees nor do they care about their customers. Working for them Reminded me of a soap opera..... I laughed when I saw this job post (medical, dental & etc) cause the plans are so costly that you'll practically be working everyday just to pay for insurance and you will have to get a second job to pay your other bills. All I can say is if you're a Professional butt kisser that feeds off of drama then this might be the place for you.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Upper management
Don't really want to do this
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILMay 21, 2018
Don't really want to do this don't know why it is making me write a review. so just filling in the requires space with nonsense. and almost done the the min characters.
Enjoy my current supervisor nice person to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 8, 2012
Small company not alot to offer employees, No benefits. I'm happy to be working but looking for more. Looking for a company that rewards accordly to merit of work.
Pros
i"m employed
Cons
need benefits
Worst job ever
CSR (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 1, 2014
Awful awful that's the best word to describe this job. I worked here 6 months and in that short time I went from the area managers favorite employee to the worst. I became the worst due to the way I was treated. I was told I wouldn't get the managers job cuz I couldn't keep my mouth shut but when I asked what I said the area manager wouldn't tell me what I said. Yes they know what you say and do cuz there are cameras and audio in the store. The area manager treated me awful degraded me. I hated to go into work but I was trying to make it until my other job came into affect. If you want any kind of praise for doing a good job this not the job for you. You will get an email saying good job but there is always a BUT!! I saved the company a dollar a gallon for propane and all I was told was who you call what they say no thank you!! I was hired on only working every other weekend. But last week I was told I have to work the next 3 weekends. I called the area manager to discuss why I had to work so many. He said to suck it up and just do it. The past Saturday the area manager was called for an approval and he said not knowing he could be heard that "I wish I had never hired her" he is not very professional. I would advise you to talk to the area manager on the speaker phone so everything will be recorded. And if he wants to talk to you don't do it in the bathroom. That's where he talked very unprofessional to me at. The cameras are there for your safety use them. Cuz he will take you to the bathroom and talk down to you and then say in front of the camera how wonderful you are!! Don't  more... let me get started about the new manager. All I have to say about her is don't tell her anything you don't want the area manager to know!! They are tight!  less
Pros
Sundays off
Cons
Management, hours and so much more
you feel like your always in trouble
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Marshall, ILNovember 23, 2014
i worked for this company for over 4 years and liked it until they changed districts and put another area manager to over see the store. He is always preaching the privacy policy but still will tell you what a rotten job the past area managers have done. He always seems to find some fault with you. if you like to be watched on cameras and have everything you say throwen back in your face than this is the company for you, but beware if this area manager doesn't like you he will bring someone else into the store that will be his mole and will stab you in the back. rules change daily you have to call for every little thing and when you do your made to feel small. they will tell you they are the best and have the best customer service and rates but it is far from the truth i can go on but i think you get the idea your better off working anyplace but here
Pros
sundays off
Cons
the upper management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILAugust 14, 2013
I learned how to process loans management is very supportive a motivative I have very helpful co-workers who also work hard and the hardest part of the job was collections most enjoyable part was seeing different people everyday
Pros
good hours
Cons
short lunch breaks
Extraordinary Company
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Sycamore, ILJune 17, 2016
This company is really good to work for. They have the most understanding people in their management positons.
This corporation is extremely family oriented and they guarantee a 40 hr work week for you without fail.

I love this company. They really take care of their employees!!
Pros
Very family oriented, generous, quick advancement
Cons
N/a
Good learning experience in processing loans.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILMay 11, 2015
I enjoyed this position as a customer service representative processing loan applications and communicating with the public.
I learned about financing loans for car titles and collections in the short time I was employed with this company. It was a small business therefore not many employees but we all seemed to get along very well. Management on the other hand was not so friendly or professional. Wasn't the kind of management you could easily talk to about any job related concerns because she was to busy taking care of her own personal life at work. She was very rude to her employees as well as the customers .
The hardest part about this job was calling clients for collections on overdue accounts. We were told by management that "if we can not get clients to pay on their accounts we would be terminated." I didn't feel I should lose my job because a client refuses to pay on their bill.
The most enjoyable part of this job was dealing with the public and meeting many diverse people. Some of them were quite entertaining!
laid back
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, ILJune 2, 2017
very flexible shift, gok pay, requires alot of duties for so little pay,requied to meet monthly goals, have to be willing to travel, and stay after hrs. if necessary. otherwise very laid back job. management shows perk to family members only.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
poor management
Processed quick fix loans on car titles
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 22, 2012
I like to meet thenew people. I like to work wih numbers and the check my assessment of cars against the compuuters assessments. My management was not around and they were not stable. There was a very high turn over rate in all positions. The hardest part of the job was not knowing if you had a job and who was your manager the next day. the most enjoyable part was the people and socializing while we processed paper work.
Pros
new people, helped people in need, worked with numbers.
Cons
high turnover rrate and no stability