Midwest Title Loans

Midwest Title Loans Employee Reviews

United States43 reviews
location is close to home, vacation time is fair
I love having a routine and have certain tasks that have to be completed- enjoy the monthly goals, this is a way to always improve yourself, to try and achieve the next highest goal.

Everyday is a new day down to what can happen, and who you will encounter. A vast variety of people and situations arise daily. The basic rules are the same but with collections it is a case by case situation.

Enjoy being busy and always having things to do-

The hardest part of the job is the disrespect, and dishonesty. (but pretty common when you are dealing with collections and money) just looking for a positive way to earn a living, the increase in pay are few and far between. Do not get yearly evaluations raises said to be merit based.
You are to shut up and do what you are told or get fired
This evil company is a meat grinder that worships money and uses people like slaves, if you have a question or concern, management will chew you up and point out how dumb you are. Shut up, do what you are told and don't ask for more money or you will be fired, that's what it's like to work for this company and they make sure that every employee understands that.
SCAM ALERT!!!! This company will come back under a new name, AGAIN!
this entire company is just awful. They literally watch you on videos all day, threaten you that they are watching/ listening in on phone calls/ prank calling your store. They literally train you to make a sale to ANYONE just to keep numbers stagnant. They make you sit and call accounts all day to collect or settle on past due accounts and scare customers into paying (which most don't ever care) Interest rate is sickening, they allow people who arent whatsoever eligible to still take out title loans. "Upper" management plays favorites and instills drama in the work place. Hours are unfavorable.They say "10-6" but you have to be at the store no later than 9:30am but can't clock out until 6:10pm- and stay if you have a customer for as long as you need to then get yelled at for clocking out later than anticipated - who wants to stay that late anyway AND drop off a deposit to the bank on your OWN time??? they watch you if you are late, NO staff training, poor everything. This place is trash glad they are shutting down their doors one by one. People employed here have 0 people skills, 0 fundamental working skills, 0 management skills, 0 anything. Just a giant garbage filled company. The micro-management is extremely intense and they look for drama. Please do your research - Every 6 months they have a new VP!!! One comes in, and goes right out! Those higher level guys know better and are scammed into those roles.Title loans are a scam and so is MWTL. Run fast!!!
Worst place ever.
I’m not even sure WHERE to start. The building was so old & unkept it was horrible. It was literally hard to touch anything without washing your hands every 5 seconds. Coworkers donot understand basic hygiene & their employee restroom is in the same room where they keep storage/files. There isn’t much of an employee break room because that is also shared with files. The sink they wash their dishes in is in the BATHROOM/ SUPPLY CLOSET. You are consistently watched by cameras , so everything you say has to be censored. Training to do the actual job sucked. There is absolutely no Diversity at my store so GOD FORBID if you are of color, because you will feel absolutely ALONE. A lot of the customers that came inside the store always ALWAYS had a bad stench & most of them wore confederate flag clothing... I also had management & coworkers make fun of ethnic names they have came across .. You are required to work EVERY Monday & Friday no matter the circumstances. You get off early on Saturdays which is nice , but while you’re working they expect you to do a full days of work in a short amount of time with 1/2 of the staff. You can have PTO , but the days can’t be used back to back & it is heavily frowned upon requesting days off w/o pto... so you can’t really have a vacation. They are also very fond of wanting you to do work for FREE. Ex: it is mandatory for whoever closes to take the deposit to the bank & for you to do so you must clock out when you leave. It is also an outside job so you are required to go outside REGARDLESS the weather & everyone seems to be okay with that. The - more...
place was good to work for until new area mgr took over
if you like to be degraded for your skin tone and made to be felt like the paycheck you earn is a favor from the company and not a paycheck you earn then welcome. also if you like to work for an unprofessional area mgr who doesn’t know how to separate home and work (pretty much if she had a bad night you would be having a bad day) and who also is a narcissist racist this is the place for you. And please if you do end up working here please don’t go to corporate management because it’s pretty much the same thing, unhappy middle aged people you feel like the are entitled to make people feel like they are worth nothing to the company..
Pros
Csr and store mgrs are all pretty cool
Cons
Am
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Horrible
This company is horrible. They want you to aggressively try and get people to get a loan against their child's social security income. They send in secret shoppers . They call you posing as a customer from a meeting while they have you on speaker phone. It is not a good work environment and they prey on people.
The whole place is going down .
I had a manager and she didnt do anything but complain and ride my back , job was very inconsistent with everything , they always seemed to have payment issues , you didn't know if you were getting paper checks or direct deposit , they can't keep employees and don't even get me started on the ridiculous am they have . You cant ever go to her because she is friends with the managers so any issues you have you mise well take them on yourself because she'll just never address it and make you feel stupid for even saying anything and won't do anything about it , don't work here you get pounded in your head that you'll get fired if you breath wrong , they have cameras watching you ALL THE TIME . Just straight stressful not even worth the pay or headache or lack of sleep . Me myself the only one who did there job got fired for an outside situation that had nothing to do with midwest title loans . Screw them .
Overall Bad Environment
It was morally draining and monotonous. Every day I went to work, I felt more and more like a soulless person because of how I was expected to treat people. The company makes it sound like they are customer based but they arent. They are all for the customer while the loan is done but the minute the contract is signed, customer service goes out the window unless they are perfect payers. The company is nothing more than a loan shark.
My area manager was overbearing and micromanaging. I was promised the position of Manager for my store and did all of management responsibilities for 4 months without the pay raise or title before I finally had enough and put my 2 weeks in.

This is a terrible place to work.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Everything else.
stressful at times
job could be stressful at times but was manageable. I enjoyed my job and was very organized. I had collection calls to make and filing and sometimes an occasional loan would come in. Plus took in payments did write offs and repo ins and outs.
Pros
not long enough lunch
Cons
had good employees
Extremely poor management. The turn over rate is unbelievable.
This place is a joke! You will constantly be watched and monitored through cameras and listened to as well. You will have NO privacy. If you want your own time leave the building completely. You will not properly be trained. I was trained in the beginning by my manager who had been there only 4 months, who I had to act as his therapist, then I was bounced to another manager to train with. Luckily, She was an employee of 3 years! She was a complete NIGHTMARE!! I never felt so unwelcome. She cursed more then a sailor. I was amazed she was in management. The goal was to be trained in 1 months time. Could not wait to leave her and get back to my location. I could bare being a therapist vs. dealing with her unprofessional work ethics daily. I learned nothing being there. By the time i got back i was searching for a new job. The job mainly consists of managememt gossiping on the phone and acting as if theyre better then they're customer service reps. The 2 offices I traveled too couldn't keep employees in. You will not last unless you fall into any of the criterias, I have mentioned above. The customers arent the problem, its the employees. They act as if they're better and they show it also. If anyone makes a mistake they will call you out on it. There's no professionalism. They feel the need to broadcast everyone's mistakes. Not worth the
pay. They offer no raises either. They dont get enough business to train you either. The interest rate is too high for that much traffic for you to get trained.
Pros
Cons
Everything I Listed
Fun with staff and customers
Working for this company I've learns a lot about finances and the struggles people are having. The loans are for short term and should be treated and explained thoroughly .
Pros
Get close and personal with customers
Cons
Need more benefits.
Home away from home
The job is easy, training is adequate. Management on store level and upper management are compassionate and employee oriented. The pay is good and benefits are nice. As long as you do your job you will have a job forever with advancement opportunities.
Pros
Hours, pay, great management
Cons
N/a
Bad place to work
Holidays are mandatory and on lockdown, absolutely no PTO approved starting October, No PTO until after a year, area manager will not tolerate any time off during this time of the year, even if you are sick in the hospital. Small company growing not to many good options for benefits. Managers including area managers talk and gossip too much about employees, the reason why employees don’t last. Cannot request Monday’s or Fridays off for absolutely no reason they’re mandatory. You are being watched through the cameras 24/7, by that means absolutely no cell phone usage during working hours.
The place was some what ok to work for! Everything changed for the worse and as for upper Management it really is very unprofessional. The business is micro managed to the fullest.
Don't really want to do this
Don't really want to do this don't know why it is making me write a review. so just filling in the requires space with nonsense. and almost done the the min characters.
Good pay, hard job
Working in collections is really what this job is about. Most of your time is spent making calls trying to collect payments for people's title loans. Repossessing cars is kind of a nasty business and this does feel very predatory.
Pros
Good pay, good hours, pto and sick time
Cons
Collection calls, awful customers.
Productive and sometimes stressful place to work
I learned from Midwest Title Loans, the basics of titling vehicle, and how to process loans for customers, the only thing I would say about the position at the time, is that there were only two people working in the building so that if one person had a day off the other person had to work alone without clocking out for a break, which clashed with some of the rules of personal calls, and using your personal phone to make calls, and or even take out the time to eat some lunch, we had to eat when there was no one in the building, if a customer came in we were to stop eating and wait on the customer
benefits
Cons
no beaktime when working alone
Fun atmosphere with great benefits!
I've been an employee of Midwest Title Loans for 3 months and I've really enjoyed my time here! A typical day entails opening the store, processing loans, collections calls on past due accounts, and taking payments in store/over the phone. My manager is nothing less than awesome! There is NO micromanaging here. She always helps with a smile on her face and makes you feel appreciated.

There is always something to do, so your days go by quickly. The hardest part of working here is having to deal with irate customers who are in a bind (but hey, that's customer service for ya) and having to work on Saturdays...but thankfully it's only until 2:00pm. My favorite part of working for Midwest Title Loans is the set hours and the benefits (life/dental/health insurance, paid personal days/vacation).

I am currently a customer service representative and the possibility of advancement and growth seems promising.

I would recommend Midwest Title Loans to anyone who is looking for decent pay, a fast-paced (yet relaxed) environment, and an opportunity for a career.
Pros
Benefits, Management, Set Hours
Cons
Irate Customers, Working on Saturday's
Cut throat
Run far far away.... This company is self absorbed, they really don't care about their employees nor do they care about their customers. Working for them Reminded me of a soap opera..... I laughed when I saw this job post (medical, dental & etc) cause the plans are so costly that you'll practically be working everyday just to pay for insurance and you will have to get a second job to pay your other bills. All I can say is if you're a Professional butt kisser that feeds off of drama then this might be the place for you.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Upper management
Very fun workplace, awesome manager
Really good job very fast pace love dealing with the customers love the paperwork I just feel there's no room for growth, I just need more money I have a family to take care and the pay is just not getting anywhere I need but I love the company
Pros
Love the people I work with, love the customers I'm dealing with and love the work environment
Cons
The benefits, no raises, no room for growth
great place to work and reach goals
everyday it's a team challenge.
by calling customers to make sure they get

the information needed for their loans

Learned constantly about state laws for loans
Pros
a pay hour lunch
Cons
no security
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midwest Title Loans. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7