Midwest Title Loans Employee Reviews

great place to work and reach goals
Store Manager /Accounting (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILJune 22, 2017
everyday it's a team challenge.
by calling customers to make sure they get
the information needed for their loans
Learned constantly about state laws for loans
Pros
a pay hour lunch
Cons
no security
my store manager is great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILJune 20, 2017
its a decent place to work! some stuff could be better but for the most part not to bad! The hours arnt that great when you have kids but I guess you just have to make do!
laid back
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, ILJune 2, 2017
very flexible shift, gok pay, requires alot of duties for so little pay,requied to meet monthly goals, have to be willing to travel, and stay after hrs. if necessary. otherwise very laid back job. management shows perk to family members only.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
poor management
High Interest Rates
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILMarch 1, 2017
This was an ok place to work. Pay was good. I didn't like convincing people to take out loans on there car with the high interest rate they had to pay back. A lot of people lose their cars and threaten you so have to hire off duty police officers to work there for the safety of the employees.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Make enemies.
Great work experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 21, 2016
Great place to work friendly environment professional staff. Company offers insentives like games for free lunch or jean Fridays. Saturdays they close at 2pm and Sundays always close plus you have your day off lots of free time for personall time.
Pros
Insentives
Cons
Heavy work load
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2016
Learned how to process Title Loans, took care of all inquires. Made collections calls all day. Took payments from customers over the phone or in person
Extraordinary Company
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Sycamore, ILJune 17, 2016
This company is really good to work for. They have the most understanding people in their management positons.
This corporation is extremely family oriented and they guarantee a 40 hr work week for you without fail.

I love this company. They really take care of their employees!!
Pros
Very family oriented, generous, quick advancement
Cons
N/a
Productive and warming work enviroment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 11, 2016
I enjoyed getting up for work every morning. I learned how to process loans and work in a more sophisticated environment. I got along with all my co workers. The customers loved coming in to see us. I would say thhe most difficult part was having to repo the vehicles of the customers who couldn't afford to pay their loan off.
I'm upset the company had to be sold I really enjyed my position there.
Good learning experience in processing loans.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILMay 11, 2015
I enjoyed this position as a customer service representative processing loan applications and communicating with the public.
I learned about financing loans for car titles and collections in the short time I was employed with this company. It was a small business therefore not many employees but we all seemed to get along very well. Management on the other hand was not so friendly or professional. Wasn't the kind of management you could easily talk to about any job related concerns because she was to busy taking care of her own personal life at work. She was very rude to her employees as well as the customers .
The hardest part about this job was calling clients for collections on overdue accounts. We were told by management that "if we can not get clients to pay on their accounts we would be terminated." I didn't feel I should lose my job because a client refuses to pay on their bill.
The most enjoyable part of this job was dealing with the public and meeting many diverse people. Some of them were quite entertaining!
Very huge learning experience.
Store Manager (SM) (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 20, 2015
I honestly had no problem with the work I did, always stayed busy so day went by pretty fast. Security of building was not so good.

Want to know more about Midwest Title Loans?

Ask a question
Very money oriented workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILApril 7, 2015
This company is very money oriented. They don't like to give out all of the information needed to customers over the phone. The manager is not approachable and does not like to help new employees learn. I was told this position was a permanent position and 3 months into it, the manager would pick on me and said and did everything she could to get me to quit. When I didn't quit they ended up firing me 2 weeks before my benefits kicked in, they contested my unemployment and said I was insubordinate, which I was not in any way, shape, or form. I did everything I was suppose to do and more and it still wasn't good enough for them.

I do NOT recommend this company to anyone.
Worst job ever
CSR (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 1, 2014
Awful awful that's the best word to describe this job. I worked here 6 months and in that short time I went from the area managers favorite employee to the worst. I became the worst due to the way I was treated. I was told I wouldn't get the managers job cuz I couldn't keep my mouth shut but when I asked what I said the area manager wouldn't tell me what I said. Yes they know what you say and do cuz there are cameras and audio in the store. The area manager treated me awful degraded me. I hated to go into work but I was trying to make it until my other job came into affect. If you want any kind of praise for doing a good job this not the job for you. You will get an email saying good job but there is always a BUT!! I saved the company a dollar a gallon for propane and all I was told was who you call what they say no thank you!! I was hired on only working every other weekend. But last week I was told I have to work the next 3 weekends. I called the area manager to discuss why I had to work so many. He said to suck it up and just do it. The past Saturday the area manager was called for an approval and he said not knowing he could be heard that "I wish I had never hired her" he is not very professional. I would advise you to talk to the area manager on the speaker phone so everything will be recorded. And if he wants to talk to you don't do it in the bathroom. That's where he talked very unprofessional to me at. The cameras are there for your safety use them. Cuz he will take you to the bathroom and talk down to you and then say in front of the camera how wonderful you are!! Don't  more... let me get started about the new manager. All I have to say about her is don't tell her anything you don't want the area manager to know!! They are tight!  less
Pros
Sundays off
Cons
Management, hours and so much more
you feel like your always in trouble
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Marshall, ILNovember 23, 2014
i worked for this company for over 4 years and liked it until they changed districts and put another area manager to over see the store. He is always preaching the privacy policy but still will tell you what a rotten job the past area managers have done. He always seems to find some fault with you. if you like to be watched on cameras and have everything you say throwen back in your face than this is the company for you, but beware if this area manager doesn't like you he will bring someone else into the store that will be his mole and will stab you in the back. rules change daily you have to call for every little thing and when you do your made to feel small. they will tell you they are the best and have the best customer service and rates but it is far from the truth i can go on but i think you get the idea your better off working anyplace but here
Pros
sundays off
Cons
the upper management
csr
Data entry software (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJanuary 13, 2014
dealing with customers
patients
management is not to good
some of the was okay to work with
n/a very easy
working with the customers
A busy office environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ILDecember 4, 2013
I would open the office then pull the morning reports and call lists. I would make collection calls between taking care of walk in customers. I would update customer's accounts with information about our call and update any personal information. I would also process phone payments as well as in store payments. I would clean the office then process the closing reports. I would make sure there was money in the office cash drawer for the following day. Lastly, I would make the night deposit.
Meeting new people daily.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Marshall, ILAugust 31, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company , meeting new and different people on a daily basis. A typical day @ work would be opening store by counting petty cash, making any deposit that might need done, the making collection calls and taking payments in person and on phone. Authorize and write loans, scheduling of employees,balance books daily. Make sure office is neat and clean.
The hardest part of this job was sometimes having to deal with upset customers. The thing I like most about this job was meeting the people and knowing I could help someone.
I think the company should praise and reward the employees more for jobs well done. Seems like we would always be told if we did something wrong, but not when good was accomplished.
Pros
nice work schedule
Cons
not enough reward for hitting goals
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILAugust 14, 2013
I learned how to process loans management is very supportive a motivative I have very helpful co-workers who also work hard and the hardest part of the job was collections most enjoyable part was seeing different people everyday
Pros
good hours
Cons
short lunch breaks
Feels like I'm working for a dictator and big brother is always watching
csr (Former Employee) –  Danville,ilApril 3, 2013
I have worked for this company for over a year. I loved it at first and thought it would be an amazing place to work for but as time went on I realize things were not what they seem. I left the company due to the area manager and how things are ran there. Nothing was good enough and they pay sucks for the amount of stuff you have to put up with, Area manager was always making up new rules that no one else gave to their area. Then pretty much threathen us all with our jobs informing us he can pull any store camera up and watch what were doing. Also you cant do anything with out checking in with him first. As much as they are on us about keeping the bad debt down that they would give us a bonus to shoot for. But no all we get is an email that says good job and do better next month. This company is a joke. You get no raises, you get questioned when you ask for a personal day, No bonuses folr anything there, and corp. watching you all the time on the cameras. I would not advise anyone here for a long time. The onyl thing good about the job is you get two days off a week.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
pay, area manager, and big brother watching your every move.
Not a bad place to work at but you have to watch your back constantly!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, IlJanuary 1, 2013
As the summary explains it all for the most part, This is not a bad place to work but you have to watch your every move and keep notes of what you did and when. Corporate rarely acknowledges the good you do, but are very fast to jump your throat for a simple misunderstanding and also quick to fire you over nothing.
I had an excellent area manager who took pride in her work and employees. I hate to leave the company but its time to move on to bigger and better things.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
under appreciated
Enjoy my current supervisor nice person to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 8, 2012
Small company not alot to offer employees, No benefits. I'm happy to be working but looking for more. Looking for a company that rewards accordly to merit of work.
Pros
i"m employed
Cons
need benefits