Midwest Title Loans Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Great work experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 21, 2016
Great place to work friendly environment professional staff. Company offers insentives like games for free lunch or jean Fridays. Saturdays they close at 2pm and Sundays always close plus you have your day off lots of free time for personall time.
Pros
Insentives
Cons
Heavy work load
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2016
Learned how to process Title Loans, took care of all inquires. Made collections calls all day. Took payments from customers over the phone or in person
Productive and warming work enviroment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 11, 2016
I enjoyed getting up for work every morning. I learned how to process loans and work in a more sophisticated environment. I got along with all my co workers. The customers loved coming in to see us. I would say thhe most difficult part was having to repo the vehicles of the customers who couldn't afford to pay their loan off.
I'm upset the company had to be sold I really enjyed my position there.
Good learning experience in processing loans.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILMay 11, 2015
I enjoyed this position as a customer service representative processing loan applications and communicating with the public.
I learned about financing loans for car titles and collections in the short time I was employed with this company. It was a small business therefore not many employees but we all seemed to get along very well. Management on the other hand was not so friendly or professional. Wasn't the kind of management you could easily talk to about any job related concerns because she was to busy taking care of her own personal life at work. She was very rude to her employees as well as the customers .
The hardest part about this job was calling clients for collections on overdue accounts. We were told by management that "if we can not get clients to pay on their accounts we would be terminated." I didn't feel I should lose my job because a client refuses to pay on their bill.
The most enjoyable part of this job was dealing with the public and meeting many diverse people. Some of them were quite entertaining!
Very money oriented workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILApril 7, 2015
This company is very money oriented. They don't like to give out all of the information needed to customers over the phone. The manager is not approachable and does not like to help new employees learn. I was told this position was a permanent position and 3 months into it, the manager would pick on me and said and did everything she could to get me to quit. When I didn't quit they ended up firing me 2 weeks before my benefits kicked in, they contested my unemployment and said I was insubordinate, which I was not in any way, shape, or form. I did everything I was suppose to do and more and it still wasn't good enough for them.

I do NOT recommend this company to anyone.
Worst job ever
CSR (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 1, 2014
Awful awful that's the best word to describe this job. I worked here 6 months and in that short time I went from the area managers favorite employee to the worst. I became the worst due to the way I was treated. I was told I wouldn't get the managers job cuz I couldn't keep my mouth shut but when I asked what I said the area manager wouldn't tell me what I said. Yes they know what you say and do cuz there are cameras and audio in the store. The area manager treated me awful degraded me. I hated to go into work but I was trying to make it until my other job came into affect. If you want any kind of praise for doing a good job this not the job for you. You will get an email saying good job but there is always a BUT!! I saved the company a dollar a gallon for propane and all I was told was who you call what they say no thank you!! I was hired on only working every other weekend. But last week I was told I have to work the next 3 weekends. I called the area manager to discuss why I had to work so many. He said to suck it up and just do it. The past Saturday the area manager was called for an approval and he said not knowing he could be heard that "I wish I had never hired her" he is not very professional. I would advise you to talk to the area manager on the speaker phone so everything will be recorded. And if he wants to talk to you don't do it in the bathroom. That's where he talked very unprofessional to me at. The cameras are there for your safety use them. Cuz he will take you to the bathroom and talk down to you and then say in front of the camera how wonderful you are!! Don't  more... let me get started about the new manager. All I have to say about her is don't tell her anything you don't want the area manager to know!! They are tight!  less
Pros
Sundays off
Cons
Management, hours and so much more
A busy office environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ILDecember 4, 2013
I would open the office then pull the morning reports and call lists. I would make collection calls between taking care of walk in customers. I would update customer's accounts with information about our call and update any personal information. I would also process phone payments as well as in store payments. I would clean the office then process the closing reports. I would make sure there was money in the office cash drawer for the following day. Lastly, I would make the night deposit.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILAugust 14, 2013
I learned how to process loans management is very supportive a motivative I have very helpful co-workers who also work hard and the hardest part of the job was collections most enjoyable part was seeing different people everyday
Pros
good hours
Cons
short lunch breaks
Feels like I'm working for a dictator and big brother is always watching
csr (Former Employee) –  Danville,ilApril 3, 2013
I have worked for this company for over a year. I loved it at first and thought it would be an amazing place to work for but as time went on I realize things were not what they seem. I left the company due to the area manager and how things are ran there. Nothing was good enough and they pay sucks for the amount of stuff you have to put up with, Area manager was always making up new rules that no one else gave to their area. Then pretty much threathen us all with our jobs informing us he can pull any store camera up and watch what were doing. Also you cant do anything with out checking in with him first. As much as they are on us about keeping the bad debt down that they would give us a bonus to shoot for. But no all we get is an email that says good job and do better next month. This company is a joke. You get no raises, you get questioned when you ask for a personal day, No bonuses folr anything there, and corp. watching you all the time on the cameras. I would not advise anyone here for a long time. The onyl thing good about the job is you get two days off a week.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
pay, area manager, and big brother watching your every move.
Enjoy my current supervisor nice person to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 8, 2012
Small company not alot to offer employees, No benefits. I'm happy to be working but looking for more. Looking for a company that rewards accordly to merit of work.
Pros
i"m employed
Cons
need benefits
Managers are huge hypocrites
Customer Service Representative/ Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILMay 11, 2012
My manager always had an attitude and wasn't willing to teach. Not a very positive or fun working environment. It is the reason that I quit. Also they will not give you a referral if you have done a great job. They lie a lot and just a bad company period.
Pros
nothing
Cons
hypocrite...rude...negative