Midwest Title Loans Job Security & Advancement reviews

Extraordinary Company
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Sycamore, ILJune 17, 2016
This company is really good to work for. They have the most understanding people in their management positons.
This corporation is extremely family oriented and they guarantee a 40 hr work week for you without fail.

I love this company. They really take care of their employees!!
Pros
Very family oriented, generous, quick advancement
Cons
N/a
Very money oriented workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILApril 7, 2015
This company is very money oriented. They don't like to give out all of the information needed to customers over the phone. The manager is not approachable and does not like to help new employees learn. I was told this position was a permanent position and 3 months into it, the manager would pick on me and said and did everything she could to get me to quit. When I didn't quit they ended up firing me 2 weeks before my benefits kicked in, they contested my unemployment and said I was insubordinate, which I was not in any way, shape, or form. I did everything I was suppose to do and more and it still wasn't good enough for them.

I do NOT recommend this company to anyone.
Worst job ever
CSR (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 1, 2014
Awful awful that's the best word to describe this job. I worked here 6 months and in that short time I went from the area managers favorite employee to the worst. I became the worst due to the way I was treated. I was told I wouldn't get the managers job cuz I couldn't keep my mouth shut but when I asked what I said the area manager wouldn't tell me what I said. Yes they know what you say and do cuz there are cameras and audio in the store. The area manager treated me awful degraded me. I hated to go into work but I was trying to make it until my other job came into affect. If you want any kind of praise for doing a good job this not the job for you. You will get an email saying good job but there is always a BUT!! I saved the company a dollar a gallon for propane and all I was told was who you call what they say no thank you!! I was hired on only working every other weekend. But last week I was told I have to work the next 3 weekends. I called the area manager to discuss why I had to work so many. He said to suck it up and just do it. The past Saturday the area manager was called for an approval and he said not knowing he could be heard that "I wish I had never hired her" he is not very professional. I would advise you to talk to the area manager on the speaker phone so everything will be recorded. And if he wants to talk to you don't do it in the bathroom. That's where he talked very unprofessional to me at. The cameras are there for your safety use them. Cuz he will take you to the bathroom and talk down to you and then say in front of the camera how wonderful you are!! Don't  more... let me get started about the new manager. All I have to say about her is don't tell her anything you don't want the area manager to know!! They are tight!  less
Pros
Sundays off
Cons
Management, hours and so much more
Meeting new people daily.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Marshall, ILAugust 31, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company , meeting new and different people on a daily basis. A typical day @ work would be opening store by counting petty cash, making any deposit that might need done, the making collection calls and taking payments in person and on phone. Authorize and write loans, scheduling of employees,balance books daily. Make sure office is neat and clean.
The hardest part of this job was sometimes having to deal with upset customers. The thing I like most about this job was meeting the people and knowing I could help someone.
I think the company should praise and reward the employees more for jobs well done. Seems like we would always be told if we did something wrong, but not when good was accomplished.
Pros
nice work schedule
Cons
not enough reward for hitting goals
Feels like I'm working for a dictator and big brother is always watching
csr (Former Employee) –  Danville,ilApril 3, 2013
I have worked for this company for over a year. I loved it at first and thought it would be an amazing place to work for but as time went on I realize things were not what they seem. I left the company due to the area manager and how things are ran there. Nothing was good enough and they pay sucks for the amount of stuff you have to put up with, Area manager was always making up new rules that no one else gave to their area. Then pretty much threathen us all with our jobs informing us he can pull any store camera up and watch what were doing. Also you cant do anything with out checking in with him first. As much as they are on us about keeping the bad debt down that they would give us a bonus to shoot for. But no all we get is an email that says good job and do better next month. This company is a joke. You get no raises, you get questioned when you ask for a personal day, No bonuses folr anything there, and corp. watching you all the time on the cameras. I would not advise anyone here for a long time. The onyl thing good about the job is you get two days off a week.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
pay, area manager, and big brother watching your every move.
Enjoy my current supervisor nice person to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 8, 2012
Small company not alot to offer employees, No benefits. I'm happy to be working but looking for more. Looking for a company that rewards accordly to merit of work.
Pros
i"m employed
Cons
need benefits
The worst company to work for!
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Swansea, ILJuly 17, 2012
In the beginning the job and the company I would have said was a decent place to work. It was local, you got paid weekly, and the hours were not so bad. Then when a certain individual was promoted replacing the best Area Manager I ever worked under it all went to heck in a hand basket.

He showed poor leadership skills. He was a liar and a philanderer. Which made it a chore to work there everyday.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
everything else