Midwest Title Loans Employee Reviews

A busy office environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ILDecember 4, 2013
I would open the office then pull the morning reports and call lists. I would make collection calls between taking care of walk in customers. I would update customer's accounts with information about our call and update any personal information. I would also process phone payments as well as in store payments. I would clean the office then process the closing reports. I would make sure there was money in the office cash drawer for the following day. Lastly, I would make the night deposit.
Meeting new people daily.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Marshall, ILAugust 31, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company , meeting new and different people on a daily basis. A typical day @ work would be opening store by counting petty cash, making any deposit that might need done, the making collection calls and taking payments in person and on phone. Authorize and write loans, scheduling of employees,balance books daily. Make sure office is neat and clean.
The hardest part of this job was sometimes having to deal with upset customers. The thing I like most about this job was meeting the people and knowing I could help someone.
I think the company should praise and reward the employees more for jobs well done. Seems like we would always be told if we did something wrong, but not when good was accomplished.
Pros
nice work schedule
Cons
not enough reward for hitting goals
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILAugust 14, 2013
I learned how to process loans management is very supportive a motivative I have very helpful co-workers who also work hard and the hardest part of the job was collections most enjoyable part was seeing different people everyday
Pros
good hours
Cons
short lunch breaks
Feels like I'm working for a dictator and big brother is always watching
csr (Former Employee) –  Danville,ilApril 3, 2013
I have worked for this company for over a year. I loved it at first and thought it would be an amazing place to work for but as time went on I realize things were not what they seem. I left the company due to the area manager and how things are ran there. Nothing was good enough and they pay sucks for the amount of stuff you have to put up with, Area manager was always making up new rules that no one else gave to their area. Then pretty much threathen us all with our jobs informing us he can pull any store camera up and watch what were doing. Also you cant do anything with out checking in with him first. As much as they are on us about keeping the bad debt down that they would give us a bonus to shoot for. But no all we get is an email that says good job and do better next month. This company is a joke. You get no raises, you get questioned when you ask for a personal day, No bonuses folr anything there, and corp. watching you all the time on the cameras. I would not advise anyone here for a long time. The onyl thing good about the job is you get two days off a week.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
pay, area manager, and big brother watching your every move.
Not a bad place to work at but you have to watch your back constantly!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, IlJanuary 1, 2013
As the summary explains it all for the most part, This is not a bad place to work but you have to watch your every move and keep notes of what you did and when. Corporate rarely acknowledges the good you do, but are very fast to jump your throat for a simple misunderstanding and also quick to fire you over nothing.
I had an excellent area manager who took pride in her work and employees. I hate to leave the company but its time to move on to bigger and better things.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
under appreciated
Enjoy my current supervisor nice person to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 8, 2012
Small company not alot to offer employees, No benefits. I'm happy to be working but looking for more. Looking for a company that rewards accordly to merit of work.
Pros
i"m employed
Cons
need benefits
Processed quick fix loans on car titles
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 22, 2012
I like to meet thenew people. I like to work wih numbers and the check my assessment of cars against the compuuters assessments. My management was not around and they were not stable. There was a very high turn over rate in all positions. The hardest part of the job was not knowing if you had a job and who was your manager the next day. the most enjoyable part was the people and socializing while we processed paper work.
Pros
new people, helped people in need, worked with numbers.
Cons
high turnover rrate and no stability
The worst company to work for!
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Swansea, ILJuly 17, 2012
In the beginning the job and the company I would have said was a decent place to work. It was local, you got paid weekly, and the hours were not so bad. Then when a certain individual was promoted replacing the best Area Manager I ever worked under it all went to heck in a hand basket.

He showed poor leadership skills. He was a liar and a philanderer. Which made it a chore to work there everyday.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
everything else
Managers are huge hypocrites
Customer Service Representative/ Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILMay 11, 2012
My manager always had an attitude and wasn't willing to teach. Not a very positive or fun working environment. It is the reason that I quit. Also they will not give you a referral if you have done a great job. They lie a lot and just a bad company period.
Pros
nothing
Cons
hypocrite...rude...negative