Midwestern Auto Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Dishonest and corrupt
Service employee (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 31, 2018
This place aside from the owner and gm is awesome. Cool cars and some good blue collar people. That is where the positives stop. Upper management and ownership rule by fear and have no interest in bettering you as a professional rather, they look to exploit you however it will benefit them. I have seen long time employees thrown away Like trash for saying it like it is. I learned a lot from mag, mostly that the world is not as bad as what mag makes it seem. Lies and bad business are not a fact of life everywhere. Prospective employees beware
Pros
Cool product
Cons
Toxic enviornment
April 2, 2018

MAG is always interested in honest and forthright reviews. That said, this review is absolutely opposite from the truth. We had and have the highest ethical and corporate standards and recently were put into a position of terminating two service employees for exactly what this review is portraying. Lies and stealing do not have a home at MAG and the people making this review are well aware of the consequences of doing the WRONG thing for their fellow employees and customers. In as much as we always try to learn from our mistakes while we grow our company, we are never going to be held to anonymous attackers reviews when it comes to doing the right thing for the rest of the 300+ people that come to work here everyday.. if you lie, cheat and steal you have no place at MAG and the remarks above are the outcome of someone getting caught doing all three.. MAG is better off without this kind of person tearing down the excellent work the rest of the company does on a daily basis... we are proud of the work we do and do not hide from people that can make unfounded, fake reviews simply because they are incapable of telling the truth... beware of this review, correct, but the reviewer, not the company. Shame on you for continuing to lie.

large establishment, well equipped, diverse
Technician (Current Employee) –  OhioAugust 24, 2017
mag is the first job I've had that felt like a career. The expectation from management is can be quite high but the reward is more than worth the effort. They will hold you to a standard that will push you to be the best you possible can. Being that mag has so many brands, you're introduced to a colorful cast. The main shop for half of the brands has at least 30 technicians. All with interesting quirks and styles to bring to the table. The hardest part about this job for me is trying to live up to the expectation given to me to be a professional. Although it can be competitive the comradery of the people i work has to be my favorite part.
Pros
multiple celebrations for employee appreciation with free food
Cons
healthcare is quite expensive
great place
Porter; cleaned and detailed BMWs and Mini Coopers (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 6, 2017
Great work environment. Helped me gain a lot of knowledge in the car industry a long with driving some pretty sweet cars. Overall the experience was a good one.
Best place to be a flat rate tech in Columbus
Technician (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 3, 2017
I've been at MAG for over 6 years and every year I've made more money. The place is huge most people have two bays to work out of. There is almost always more work than we can finish in a day. They will let you come in early and stay late. It's a great place for a flat rate guy. The dispatcher keeps work in your bay and makes it as fair as possible. I've turnes 60 or more hours a week easy. Pay is great and they do reviews every year. They order pizza for the whole place on super busy days. All the other techs are cool and help when you need it. Wouldn't wanna work anywhere else.
July 10, 2017

thank you for the 5 star rating and we are pleased to hear your thoughts about MAG and the opportunities the company has to offer the many qualified men and women in the service departments. We value our Technicians and try to show our appreciation at every opportunity... your comments mean alot to the many people that work beside you and are proud to call MAG home.

just a job
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OH 43017May 4, 2017
I would not recommend. The hours that you need to work are horrible. Management is always changing. Most of the people that work there hate their jobs and only stay because they are promised a better month.
Pros
cool cars
July 10, 2017

We are sorry to hear your work hours are too long, with each sales associate scheduled to work 42 hours weeks, we believe that the hours MAG is open and each individual's working schedule are reasonable. MAG has the shortest working week of any Retail Car dealership in Columbus and we are not open Sundays or on any of the major holidays. That said, the retail business is not for everyone, but the rewards can be greater than an hourly job in other service sector jobs you might chose. If you would prefer to work part time, we feel confident there may be part time positions available in the MAG organization that can accommodate your need to work less. Feel free to contact HR and let them know your concerns regarding your full time work schedule and ask if there are opportunities that would better accommodate your need for a part time position to accommodate more personal time for you.

horrible management, with risk of losing job at all time
Technician (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 11, 2016
worst place ive ever worked, so many people have worked there and always quit because of how badly the company is ran. They mess up paychecks all the time and dont correct them, and if your flatrate they take hours from you. Benefits are 450 a month for single person, there is not a single pro to this place.
July 10, 2017

MAG is certainly sorry to hear your feelings about your position in the Service Department. We strive to be the best at what we do and reading review like yours means we have failed you in more than one regard. If you are inclined, we would appreciate your direct and personal feedback to the director of Fixed Operations for Technician's Cody Norris. If he is made aware of your concerns, we can be sure that the same negatives your point out do not re-occur for the 80+ Technicians we have at the MAG Group. It is important to note that the average technician has worked at MAG for 9 years 3 months, so somehow youre time here was not what we hope to achieve for the many long term people that work here. With the level of training and compensation at MAG for Technicians, we work hard at fostering an environment that is as good as or better than all of the outstanding brands we represent. Thank you for your observations.

Fun workplace with many different advancement oppurtunities
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 21, 2016
Working at MAG is great. I have learned so much from working here especially with the management the way that they are. Good leadership is always present and managers teach you a lot. Training is the hardest part of this job because of all the different brands that they carry. Seeing and learning about all of the brands and cars that they carry is something that I enjoy about this job. Especially the Lamborghini's and Ferrari's!
Pros
Great management and fun work environment
Cons
Long commute each day to work
July 10, 2017

Thank you for the 5 Star rating... We appreciate the feedback and will continue to strive to be the best place to work if you love European Cars...

Awesome place to work!
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 19, 2016
Worked here for many years. Good company that takes care of its employees. Offers many benefits and opprtunity for advancement.
July 10, 2017

Thank you for the 5 Star rating... we hope you will continue to Grow with the company and the many life long employees that you are working with...

Good Dealership
BMW/Mini Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 5, 2016
Typical day is checking over vehicle that have been repaired. Then contact customers that the vehicle is ready. Attending to scheduled appointments by meeting customer in service drive.
Pros
People
Cons
60 plus hour weeks
July 10, 2017

Thank you for your review. MAG is sorry you only felt the work experience was a 2 star job. We see you mentioned you were working 60+ hours a week, which means you worked on your day off and every hour we are open Monday - Saturday. Somehow you worked far more than your schedule would have asked for. All MAG associates are scheduled to work 42-45 hours a week and only 5 day out of 6 per week that we are open... We thank you for the dedication and wish you well, but realize no one can work every hour we are open and still enjoy life outside of work... Again thank you for the positive review we wish it had been a 5 star experience for you.

Stay clear of MAG
Sales (Former Employee) –  DublinOctober 12, 2015
managers threatened DAILY... sales tough to come by...poor used inventory (they dump almost all trades at auction) boiler room situation daily
Pros
Initial pay
Cons
Poor work enviroent
July 10, 2017

Thank you for your comments regarding MAG. It is of great concern to us that you felt threatened on the job, if your are able please report this to the head of the HR department, she is tasked with ensuring all MAG associates have a safe, threat free environment to work in. It is important to note that, MAG sells more than 3000+ new vehicles per year and a similar number of used units, so the environment you are describing is of great concern, as all sales associates should feel confident in the management and the opportunities MAG has to offer. Please do contact HR and report the situations that led you to leave this very concerning review.

terrible management and general atmosphere
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 7, 2014
I answered phones and directed calls to the appropriate place and did a ton of filing. The environment in this company is terrible. The bosses talk down to their employees and think work is to be their lives.
Pros
starting pay
Cons
management
Difficult to determine.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 1, 2013
Only at this employer for 4 months. 11 hour workdays were are not conducive for a person with a family.
No Benefits...NONE
Master Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHDecember 11, 2012
Company states they provide benefits. No match 401, sick days taken away, not able to work on own vehicle except Monday nights, does not contribute to health insurance (sky high rates).

Owner of company has no respect for any of his employees.
Pros
2 weeks vacation after first year
July 10, 2017

Thank you for the review, but it is necessary to correct your mis-perception of the MAG Employee benefit offerings. MAG offers Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401k with matching, paid technical training both in-house and in locations across the USA and Europe, paid vacation time up to 4 weeks depending on your tenure with the company.
It is worth noting that you did not become a Master Certified Technician for one or more of the MAG European brands without significant investment from MAG in your training, which MAG paid for 100% in addition to your hourly rate for 9 hours for every day you spent in training, all so you could grow your opportunity and income with your advanced training. If you left MAG for reasons that are unfortunate, it is our loss, but it is not right to mis-represent the company offerings when you know better, you are a MAster Technician, and that is a valuable badge of honor your earned that MAG supported and paid for... Certainly that is a benefit, in addition to all the others listed above.

A very nice place to work with co-workers and with a wide range of customers.
Receptionist/Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 20, 2012
Every day was a bit different with new challenges. This allowed me to keep busy and intrested.
Management where there when needed but didn't hover.
Pros
allowed me to get a car at a reduced price.
Cons
it was a long drive from home, but worth it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midwestern Auto Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Midwestern Auto Group Reviews by Location