MIDWESTERN PET FOODS Employee Reviews

Busy with production deadlines
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Waverly, NYJune 6, 2018
Fast paced and rewarding. Production throughput and quality oriented. Full time with good pay and benefits. Full time work week with vacation and benefits package
Great company and people to work for.
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New YorkMarch 19, 2018
MWP is a great company with great people and owner. Definitely would recommend this to a friend. My Regional manager was inspirational, uplifting and was very helpful to me in growing my territory.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
As we grew I lost some territory.
Good part time job
Product Specialist for Earthborn Holistic Pet Food (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 7, 2018
Make your own hours, good for part time work. Have to be okay working weekends and holidays. Need to be a self starter and okay to talking to people. Knowledge of the brand very important.
Pros
make own hours
Cons
no advancement
Fun company to work for
Sales representative and product educator (Current Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 10, 2018
I enjoyed being able to educate customers on the benefits of our pet food as well as meet new people. It was a humbling experience when customers came back to thank me for all that our food helped out their animals with allergies and issues similar.
Decent work environment, horrible hours
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Chickasha, OKApril 24, 2017
If you like breaking your back day in and day out, this is a good place to work. With a solid work environment, and multiple employees there to help with any need you have, this is a great place to be.
Great company to work for.
Demo Representative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 7, 2017
I enjoy working for the company.
Very interesting people I have met at the store.
I have learned that you need to know that the customers haves their own opinions.
Managed new employees with different personalities.
Always loved being around people.
Pros
Great company to work for and the people I have met.
Cons
Sometimes it can be hard to get a customer to purchase the product
Good pay Long hours
Specialist/Warehouse/Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Monmouth, ILDecember 28, 2016
You must go through a temp agency to apply for most positions. The days are long and weeks are even longer. Overall it is a great place to work! I just wish that management would take the lives of their employees into consideration when notifying them of long weeks(12 days straight).
Pros
Good pay
Cons
10-12hr shifts 6 days a week, minimum, every week of the year besides the holidays the are legally required to give you off.
Good clean work place paid vacation and holidays
Extruder Operator and shift leader (Former Employee) –  Chickasha, OKDecember 18, 2016
Company is family owned and operated they care about employees and are very good company to work for and great pay some long shifts if needed but all in all great company hated to leave liked the co-workers kind of like one big famliy
Territory Sales Manager
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Monmouth, ILMay 13, 2014
In my position I managed and called on 300-400 stores per year on average. Concentrating on my top 50 accounts along with bringing in new business. My typical day was visiting stores, handling orders, phone calls, email etc. I managed a full demo team each an every week. My weakness with this job is I spend hours longer than needed to complete my day and to finalize my work, doing emails even when I am home with my family up into the evening. I love this industry and the relationships I have made.
Very good company to work for.
Product Rep (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 25, 2013
This is a great company to work for. I work as a product rep and enjoy the culture.
Pros
security
Cons
benefits could be better
Excellent products with good reputation
Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Monroe, Plymouth, Ann Arbor Green OaksApril 27, 2012
Meeting and engaging people were the best part of the job, however being required to stay at non producing pet outlets were frustrating.
Pros
flexibility in store assignments
Cons
no mileage or drive time coverage