Midwestern State University Employee Reviews

Relaxed, fun work environment
Calculus/ Chemistry/ Geo Tutor (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXApril 2, 2019
Student tutor positions have flexible hours. Very few students require help, so it isn't the busiest of positions. Leaves a lot of free time for schoolwork.
Great job for full time student
LAB TEACHING ASSISTANT, TUTOR, RESEARCHER & GRADER (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMarch 16, 2019
The chemistry department is a fun place to work. You get really comfortable with the faculty and you feel like family. You are recognized as someone whom fellow students can come to for help with Chemistry.
Private office, computer and IPad, independence on decisions
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMarch 15, 2019
I was allowed independence to develop the course I taught, to construct exams and work closely with the students. I taught 70 -80 students in class and supervised 10-12 students in the clinical setting. I usually had 3 clinical days [8 hr per day] per week. I had a private office, computer, IPad for work and communication
I learned so much about how hard students work to balance the multiple courses and home life in order to obtain a degree in nursing
Also, I learned how to use the technical programs utilized by MSU such as contact with students, other faculty, testing programs, etc. Management did not micro-manage,but was encouraging and supportive; they helped me with any challenges I encountered
The hardest part of the job was meeting with students who did not pass the course and helping them gain the confidence to try again
The most enjoyable part of this job was to see the students graduate and obtain a job as a Registered Nurse. Most of them had a job waiting when they graduated
Teaching is my passion and I love every minute of it
Pros
Teaching students
Cons
Not many; main one is helping students who are not successful, learn they can try again
An engaging and supportive employment environment.
Part Time ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXFebruary 7, 2019
I had an extremely positive experience with this company. While no job is perfect, my boss desired to resolve problems and to provide support and guidance. A typical day included an afternoon of teaching. I ave learned about crating a syllabus for a college level class.

The only downside of this company is that employment is not guaranteed from semester to semester.
Stressful job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 28, 2019
Cleaned restrooms, common areas and dorm rooms. Also cleaned apartments. Enjoyed some of the co-workers. Management is nit picky and not helpful when you have a problem or need help.
Great place to learn
TEACHING/GRADUATE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXDecember 25, 2018
As a teaching assistant i loved the work there, it was difficult at times and i only worked part-time but i learned a lot, the classes were manageable and the colleagues helped out with issues
MSU soccer
ASSISTANT COACH (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXSeptember 11, 2018
I had the privileged to work/coach at my Alma matter where I also played soccer. The program's strong winning condition demanding discipline, and strong work ethic. The competitiveness of the job brought the best out of me.
n/a
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXAugust 16, 2018
I have already submitted a review on Midwestern State university. I do not have anything else to say. it was a great school to work for when I worked there.
Very relaxing environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXAugust 16, 2018
We usually were just working in the apartments in the summer time getting them ready for the upcoming school year. There was never really a hard day at work. It was laid back but rewarding work every day.
Great Managers
Computer lab assistant (Former Employee) –  On CampusAugust 9, 2018
The team focused on building up all members of staff and that was very positive. There was regular contact with the Managers. They provided details on being more efficient.
Pros
Free Lunches
Environment
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJuly 30, 2018
Great place to work. People are friendly. Helpful to newcomers. Cares about students. Many outreach efforts to stay in touch with students, faculty, and staff.
Pros
Student focused.
Cons
However, salary challenging.
Love this place
Biology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJuly 6, 2018
I have no complaints about this workplace. This was a great environment to work in that was very flexible with my schedule while i attended school. Great benefits.
Student
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJune 27, 2018
Was only a student
I was only a student here, however there are multiple jobs available, such as, computer lab technicians, library assistants, resident advisor.
Good research program!!
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJune 25, 2018
Some people are genuine and hard working. Sometimes flexible work schedule. A job that requires skills and thinking outside the box. overall i would say it was a challenging experience.
Such a wonderful experience where one gets to acknowledge diversity
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJune 25, 2018
there is generally an overwhelming amount of work to do, and resources are thin. This isn't a low stress place to work. Things change frequently and there is poor communication across some departments.
na
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJune 19, 2018
Very small school, but depending on who your supervisor is, the job is normally not to bad. They are very understanding if you need a day off as well as working around your school schedule.
fun and educative workplace
TA (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 12, 2018
• Maintain course attendance and grade records in accordance with Biology Department guidelines.
• Attend all scheduled course staff meetings and grading sessions and proctor scheduled exams. Arrive on time.
• Clearly and fully understand the material to be covered in the lab session, how to handle it in the laboratory, and how it is related to the lectures.
collaborative and relax environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJune 8, 2018
the timing of work were very flexible and learning on daily basis was best part of the job. My job was sports specific which made me workout daily which was another best part of the job.
Productive work place
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 16, 2018
Ladies in the office were always extremely nice and welcoming! Always flexible with my schedule and understanding when something came up. Not necessarily a fun environment, very slow & quite.
Productice but stressful place to work at times
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 7, 2018
I would recommend that people go to work at MSU. I work an average of 10 hours a day only because I was management. I learned team work, setting up events, working basketball events etc. I enjoyed working there because of the students and at first management as well. The hardest part was mainly dealing with difficult employees, I really enjoyed the students.
benefits
Cons
difficult people