Midwestern University Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I used to be a student at Midwestern University
Student (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 25, 2018
I was be able to learn and enhance my own knowledge which is applicable to my future career in medicine. In there, I had the opportunity to learn about how each system in body response to the environment.
Well balance job
Security Relief Officer (Former Employee) –  Grove, ILJune 20, 2018
It were very interest because it were a medical University with a lot of different kinds of students from other states .Different background
and a lot of attitudes
Pros
Keep all property safe
Cons
A typical work day
OK place
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 23, 2018
OK place to work in. Great place to build connections. Think of this place as a platform to get to higher places. Great place to learn new research techniques and get published.
Pros
Friendly people, great student interaction, build connections
Cons
low pay
very fun and family oriented place to work
Grounds Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2018
Midwestern university was a fantastic first job. I worked there during the summer while I was out of school. Learned alot and alot of the things I learned I still use today
nice place to work
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 6, 2018
located in a suburb of Chicago, it is affordable to live nearby with your salary.

work culture is not demanding. research moves quite slowly due to lack of funding and research support. it's mainly a teaching school.

it is a dangerous place for you to become complacent and just settle down, but if that is what you're looking for, it is the perfect place.

researches done here are mediocre, but good benefits and relaxed work culture make it a nice place to work at least.
Great culture and wide-ranging opportunities
Dental Student (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 31, 2018
As a student, it was an abundantly fun and collaborative learning environment. The faculty and staff are knowledgeable and a joy to work alongside. The culture is first class and encourages collaboration, creativity, and teamwork. The patient pool and technology at the institute gives one of the best, if not the best, opportunities and training for dental students.
Good Part time Job
Standardized Patient (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 25, 2018
Would still be working for Midwestern University, if financial position hadn't changed. My wife's job supplied our health insurance needs. her company was sold in 2009, and I returned to fulltime employment.
Midwestern
Standardized Patient (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZ 85308March 17, 2018
I would still have my position with Midwestern University, had I not had to return to fulltime employment. The economic down fall of 2008 was a very bad time for our family finances.
Very hostile work environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILFebruary 6, 2018
Favoritism shown by management and surgical center doctors. Great benefits but no room to grow as a nurse. Very hostile workplace culture. Treated as dental assistant not as a nurse.
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
treated as a dental assistant not as a nurse
Cushy 9-5 IT carreer, very steady
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 26, 2018
This is a quality educational bussiness, that has been adhering to new industry standards as they have grown, and has become an example of a properly functioning IT department.
Pros
Well-funded IT Department, nice people
Cons
opinionated personell, stern helpdesk/administrative assistant.
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 1, 2018
MWU is a great place to work. Everyone is friendly and the location is also great. I enjoyed the culture and all my colleagues at Midwestern University.
Great
MIDWESTERN UNIVERSITY RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 31, 2017
Great opportunities for students who are studying full time. I had awesome experiences with my professors and learned a lot about the field during my time as a research assistant.
family workplace
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILOctober 17, 2017
Working here was like working in a family run business. Such an amazing experience. Everyone is hands on all the time. The goal of Midwestern is to provide the absolute best education for the professional students and it is very apparent in the inner workings of every single employee.
Fine for a seasoned instructor, but a poor choice for a newbie.
Assistant Professor of Pathology (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 16, 2017
Very student oriented post-graduate professional college. There was little collaboration between faculty and departments. Mentoring for new faculty did not exist.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Autonomy
Great job , but short
anatomy preparator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 15, 2017
Job was a great work study that allowed me to intimately acquiant myself with staff and the labs while completing my Masters and Medical school training.
Senior Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILAugust 30, 2017
I love working at Midwestern. The basic science staff works well in a collaborative and competitive way. It is a very supportive environment, with room for upward mobility.
Well Maintained
Sterilization Assistant (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILAugust 24, 2017
There is a system for everything. Everything must be a certain way. Changes are always happening and rules must be followed. The supervisors are very strict
Beautiful campus
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 19, 2017
Great supervisor and people I work with. I love seeing the students improve and grow. I appreciate the learning and growth I have experienced while working at MWU under the management I have had.
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
Not enough hours for my particular work
ICU Night
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 11, 2017
Currently working the ICU overnight position. I take care of anything that comes in the door for the night and anything that is currently hospitalized including Internal Medicine, post-op surgery patients. The hardest part of my job is working nights, much more of a day working or mid-shift if it ends by midnight. The most enjoyable part is being able to work with animals. Being able to watch them grow and get better each day.
Temp work
Temp Lab Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 7, 2017
I worked as a temporary technician for a one year contract. The overall work was very minimal and there was plenty of time to accomplish everything necessary.