Midwestern University Employee Reviews

Could Be Better
Clinical Education Coord (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 25, 2018
It can be a great place to work if, the management is knowledgeable and fair. Otherwise, it is a hostile unfair work environment. Should train management better on people skills and should respect and appreciate employees better on a daily basis.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Poor management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILAugust 26, 2018
Great coworkers, nice supervisor. Great benefits. Flexible, management is not the greatest. But overall if I didnt have to move it’s a great place to work at
Not a good place to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  GlendaleSeptember 10, 2018
This Job is not a good Job. I work in the Anatomy laboratory,and it seems like I was the only one who cared about the bodies that we had donated to us. I was quite disturbed about the way that bodies where transferred on a regular moving truck,this was quite disturbing to me.
Twice a year a Penske truck shows up picked old bodies up and drops off new bodies.
The Management staff wanted things done there way and there way only, No exceptions even if it meant washing chemicals down the drains..
Pros
Working with very smart students
nice place to work
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 6, 2018
located in a suburb of Chicago, it is affordable to live nearby with your salary.

work culture is not demanding. research moves quite slowly due to lack of funding and research support. it's mainly a teaching school.

it is a dangerous place for you to become complacent and just settle down, but if that is what you're looking for, it is the perfect place.

researches done here are mediocre, but good benefits and relaxed work culture make it a nice place to work at least.
Very hostile work environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILFebruary 6, 2018
Favoritism shown by management and surgical center doctors. Great benefits but no room to grow as a nurse. Very hostile workplace culture. Treated as dental assistant not as a nurse.
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
treated as a dental assistant not as a nurse
I used to be a student at Midwestern University
Student (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 25, 2018
I was be able to learn and enhance my own knowledge which is applicable to my future career in medicine. In there, I had the opportunity to learn about how each system in body response to the environment.
Great culture and wide-ranging opportunities
Dental Student (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 31, 2018
As a student, it was an abundantly fun and collaborative learning environment. The faculty and staff are knowledgeable and a joy to work alongside. The culture is first class and encourages collaboration, creativity, and teamwork. The patient pool and technology at the institute gives one of the best, if not the best, opportunities and training for dental students.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 28, 2017
When I first get there I need to count out my draw to make sure it is correct. After that I fill all cup, lids, chip, soda, juice and anything else that we sell. I have learned there is a lot more to this cashier job than just checking out at the register. Management has been very fair with me, I received a $0.75 raise within 2 months. This is a multi-cultural work place and everyone get along every well. It makes it enjoyable to come to work. The hardest part of my job is that I also do inventory of all product with have including food, paper products, cleaning products, fruits and veggies, etc., everything you need to run a cafeteria.
The most enjoyable part of the job is be able to talk to the students when they check out. You see the same ones everyday so you get to know them. .
Pros
Free food during day and able to take left over home
Cons
The hours that I work
Great School
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILAugust 28, 2018
Despite changes in staff and faculty that certainly delayed my completion date, I would recommend this university to anyone looking to complete their training in psychology. The staff is caring and the small cohorts allows for personalized training experience.
Well balance job
Security Relief Officer (Former Employee) –  Grove, ILJune 20, 2018
It were very interest because it were a medical University with a lot of different kinds of students from other states .Different background
and a lot of attitudes
Pros
Keep all property safe
Cons
A typical work day
OK place
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 23, 2018
OK place to work in. Great place to build connections. Think of this place as a platform to get to higher places. Great place to learn new research techniques and get published.
Pros
Friendly people, great student interaction, build connections
Cons
low pay
very fun and family oriented place to work
Grounds Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2018
Midwestern university was a fantastic first job. I worked there during the summer while I was out of school. Learned alot and alot of the things I learned I still use today
Good Part time Job
Standardized Patient (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 25, 2018
Would still be working for Midwestern University, if financial position hadn't changed. My wife's job supplied our health insurance needs. her company was sold in 2009, and I returned to fulltime employment.
Great University with job security!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 28, 2016
Working here is great because of the salary and benefits but, be careful with management in certain departments. They can be Very unethical, and they love to micromanage the employees. They come and go as they please, take long breaks and chat on the phone for hours on personal matters. Take unscheduled time off and they do not report it, but of course that is probably because they could be good friends with hr. And they love to gossip and criticize other people on unethical behavior when they themselves love to do it as well.
Pros
some free lunches, salary, benefits
Cons
management
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 1, 2018
MWU is a great place to work. Everyone is friendly and the location is also great. I enjoyed the culture and all my colleagues at Midwestern University.
Midwestern
Standardized Patient (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZ 85308March 17, 2018
I would still have my position with Midwestern University, had I not had to return to fulltime employment. The economic down fall of 2008 was a very bad time for our family finances.
Pros
great benefits but the management is the blind leading the blind
DENTAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 8, 2017
The company as a whole is awesome the management team is sad they have no clue what they are doing. They make an easy job harder then what it has to be. The moment you don't follow like a robot your on the chopping block you become harassed and bullied until you quit or they make up enough false claims to fire you
Pros
educational free lunches, hour breaks great benefits
Cons
management
Cushy 9-5 IT carreer, very steady
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 26, 2018
This is a quality educational bussiness, that has been adhering to new industry standards as they have grown, and has become an example of a properly functioning IT department.
Pros
Well-funded IT Department, nice people
Cons
opinionated personell, stern helpdesk/administrative assistant.
Overall wonderful place to work
Receptionist, Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 14, 2017
I advanced from the receptionist to the highest I could go. They have great benefits and pay. I enjoyed working with the students. Sometimes the higher ups did not listen if an employee was inundated with work, management chose to ignore instead of asking department for help.
Poor management and work culture
Chairperson (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 21, 2017
Midwestern University is run as a company, not as an academic institution. It is the most impersonal place that I have ever worked. It seems that everyone (faculty and staff) is worked to their limit and few have the time or inclination to really get to know their colleagues. The administration and most of the faculty at the osteopathic school could care less about curricular improvement. In some programs, less than half of the students regularly attend class, thus adding to a low faculty morale. The large number of students in the different programs (about 1000 per year) ultimately means that there are huge student:faculty ratios which leave the faculty overworked and the students underappreciated. Faculty complaints abound with respect to the time and facilities available for research and the lack of concern of management about the personal advancement of their faculty. A Draconian emphasis on student evaluations together with excessive teaching loads and student numbers leads faculty to pursue easy and quick ways of presenting lectures that are taken straight from textbooks. There are internal faculty antagonisms all over the place. Many faculty feel trapped (but paid well) and few escape.
Pros
The management is good at making money
Cons
Overall hostile work environment compared to other academic institutions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midwestern University. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about