Mighty Taco Employee Reviews

Productive and a fun environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NYMarch 26, 2018
A typical day was making about 100 or more meals for customers and cashing them out. Every taco was weighed and had to meet a quota. Management was too long and talked a lot of negative things behind peoples backs. I learned how to work with food which was not always my favorite
Pros
money towards food
Cons
poor management
We went midnight bowling
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMarch 20, 2018
I would open the restaurant and start putting the food in the oven. I would make sure that the restaurant was ready to be opened at the designated time.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks and lack of background checks
Perductive and fun working place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  McKinley pky buffalo nyMarch 16, 2018
Perparing food cooking all meats and deserts alot of cash handling, customer service sanation, working well with team mates very fast paced work came to work when people call off
The most enjoyable part of the job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYMarch 1, 2018
When I was working at Butterwood Bakery and as well as Walmart Bakery, I loved the looks on the customers face when they get their custom cakes or other products. Customizing and bringing the client's vision to life is what I strive for. Never letting a customer down is my goal every time I took an order.
Pros
being creative
Cons
off the clock breaks
It was stressful
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYFebruary 19, 2018
Stressful, fast paced. I cleaned, prepared food, handled money and a cash register, provided customer service. Learned team work through this job and closed up the restaurant with a crew.
Fun Workplace
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYFebruary 7, 2018
Mighty Taco was my first real job. I loved working there. I got close with all my co workers and my managers, and even the corporate offices. I would recommend this job to anyone who needs a job.
Pros
Discounted Food, Good Pay Good Hours
fun place to work
All around worker (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJanuary 30, 2018
fast place environment great place to work very easy job...my hours were great i got along great with the people i worked with just needed to find better
Good first job
Crew (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, NYJanuary 23, 2018
This is a nice place to work for young adults looking for their first real job. Easy to maintain a good work/life balance since you can't get over 40 hours per week
Constant change
Crew Member/Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJanuary 17, 2018
Managers are constantly changing.
Causes a lot of confusion.
However there is no advancement.
They take managers and supervisors and rotate locations.
Pay has always been better than most fast food restaurants.
Hours suck. But its a great job for someone young to learn from.
Pros
Teaching
Cons
No advancement
a simple and pretty relaxed job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 17, 2018
I started working here in February after leaving game stop. My gm at the time tiffany was a pretty good overall and my current gm nate is as well. The job isn't complicated, the pay is pretty good and the crew is competent for the most part.
Pros
good pay flexible hours allows for paid leaves
Cons
hours can come harder to spread during the winter due to slower bussiness
Productive , fast paced learning environment
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYJanuary 7, 2018
Fats paced work environment. Received a free meal daily of up to $6.50 every shift. Did not like being the only one cleaning the floors, bathrooms, picking up cigarette buds, and taking out the garbage all by myself while other new and old workers stayed in the kitchen taking orders and making food for customers.
Pros
Free lunches, easy parking, close by to my house, higher then minimum wage pay
Cons
No breaks, designated cleaner and dishwasher, closed late at night, was not allowed to take off for a planned vacation even 3 weeks ahead.
Not enough people to do anything
crew (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 16, 2017
There are between 4 and 7 people on during a shift including the manager. There are 4 registers open at all times so there are times when there is no one to make food and take orders.
Employees are only allowed to work 28 hours in a week so the company doesn't have to pay benefits. The company is desperate for employees. Often while there is a line in the drive thru there is one person responsible for taking the orders and cashing out the orders of customers. This leads to increased wait times for customers that often causes their food to be served cold. Employees were expected to leave 1 hour after the location closed to customers. this often did not happen because not enough people were scheduled and one person would have to do the cleaning of 3-4 people. This lead to days leaving at 4 or 5 in the morning when the location closed at 1am.
When I was scheduled a shift from 5pm-2am I would be given my 30 minute break at 7pm. This meant that I would be required to work more than 6 consecutive hours without a break. The company did not offer paid 15 minute breaks. Shifts less than 6 hours did not have a break in them at all.
Harassment was rampant in the company with the persons committing it never seeing any action taken against them.
Starting pay is $11/hour with a .25 or .50 raise in the month of July. Base pay raises by $1/hour every January. All employee salaries raised $1/hour then. And starting pay in 2018 will be $12/hour.
Employees required to pass a test on the menu within two weeks of their first day with company, many employees are terminated due to failure
  more... in this regard.  less
Pros
4.45 off food every shift. yearly $1 raise.
Cons
no paid break, working more than 6 consecutive hours without a break, no direction
Fast Food is hard
Food Server (Former Employee) –  North Tonawanda, NYDecember 12, 2017
A typical day was clocking in and starting out on line. I learned that you have to be up to speed and learn quickly in order to be in fast food.The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Standing a lot
Most enjoyable part of this job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 4, 2017
I worked with all of my friends.The Manages weren't really that good, but the pay was good and we got raises often depending on how we worked. We always helped each other whenever we needed it though,
Pros
Free food
Cons
No flexible schedule
Profuctive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYNovember 26, 2017
The overall experience was a good experience I learn the ends and outs of the job and I enjoyed working there. I still visit when I get the chance and I frequent the restaurant to eat.
Pros
I learned a lot and i enjoyed making my customers smile and come back to enjoy the food
Cons
I did not get enough hours
Fun, workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 19, 2017
Comfortable atmosphere, but sometimes the management have no idea on how to run a shift. Other than that, I really cannot complain. If they can train their managers correctly, then they would get a lot more customers
Cons
Short breaks, high turnover
Fast Paced low energy
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  East Amherst, NYNovember 12, 2017
While working at might taco i learned a large amount of information.
I learned how to work the food system as well as how to quickly make food and make it properly.
Pros
close to 5 dollars comp
Quick paced
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 1, 2017
The job is qiuck paced but once you learn the basics of the job and learn how to handle the speed then it start to get easy and anything after that is just flat out simple.
Not bad for fast food
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYOctober 16, 2017
Typically hours are staggered so there isn't a huge change in dynamic between hours when some workers leave and others arrive. Management does a decent job ensuring that crew is consistently balanced with work. The hardest part is when hours need to be cut and you have to work shorthanded, while the most enjoyable part is when that is not the case.
Great part time job, better pay than most you're going to find
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYOctober 14, 2017
Mighty is a great part time job for younger people they are willing to work around your schedule and pay more than most part time jobs. The job itself is fairly easy going and offers you a part of a delicacy of Western New York. I've learned a lot while working at Mighty such as learning to deal with unhappy customers in a professional manner,
Pros
Easy going. Easy to learn. Learn how to roll the perfect burrito for the rest of your life.
Cons
Co-workers a little much at times.